Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
best news ever!!! :D

https://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/marv...a-20110111115417724008/g-20100419113020323019

If there's one thing we hate more than anything else about playing online, it's quitters. Some gamers will happily take their wins, but literally pull the cable out of the back of the machine to avoid registering a loss. Capcom recognises this problem and has come up with a superlative answer, which will be implemented in the magificent-looking Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.

The game will keep an invisible stat which monitors your connection habits. If it notices you pulling the plug during online games, it will start marking your reputation down. No-one else will see it, but the utterly amazing outcome is this: Rage quitters will be matched up with other rage quitters, allowing everyone else to enjoy the game in peace. Amazing.

Probably because the rage-quitters or whatever make up a significant chunk of the market that buys and plays these things. Capcom doesn't want to offend these people too much.

I wonder how this will work for when connections are bad and players end up disconnecting from each other.

If the stat was visible it would probably show the player's disconnection frequency or ratio. If the person can keep track of this then they can plan out when they are able to safely disconnect (so I'm guessing) without pushing the d/c ratio too high.

If someone loses track and pushes the frequency very high due to it being invisible then they'll be paired with other rage quitters at that point. Since it's invisible, unless someone is testing it and writing things down, the rage quitter won't know the 'safe' D/C ratio.

That's the way I see it anyway. :monkey1

Rage quitting and nasty psn messages. Got many of those during my time playing Super Street Fighter 2 HD and Street Fighter 4.

I'm sure they've been attempting to implement something like this for ages. Don't know if the software is smart enough to differentiate between frequent disconnects due to bad connection and rage quitting. We shall see.

oa7jog.jpg

Can't WAIT! :rock :rock :rock

PS3 PSN Names

1. Mercwithamouth-- ipl0t25
2. Raikirik --Raikirik
3. Bya--ByaBya24
4.Angelo07stang---redrumstang
5.Jinxx---jinkusu-616
6.Darth Collector---MadZkills
7.NYnosferatu---BrooklynVentrue
8.farrrs---farrrs
9.Centrocal---Centrocal

Last edited:
Damn, that box looks reaaaal noice! Too bad there is no Collectors/Special Edition in Aus :(
Here is my psn: ByaBya24

Back