Marvel Theme Parks?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael M

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Gotta wonder with the success of The avengers will there be a Marvel Theme Park or are they going to intergrate into Disney parks and when?

We need something new for Theme Parks, Maybe with a Marvel Restaurant like Universal used to have!

Spidey fries or Cap freedom fries, a green skrull smoothie, a Thor burger, a Venom fudge brownie, Wolverine Macho nachos!

tumblr_lni67thhF01qzniqdo1_500.jpg

Gotta wonder with the success of The avengers will there be a Marvel Theme Park or are they going to intergrate into Disney parks and when?

We need something new for Theme Parks, Maybe with a Marvel Restaurant like Universal used to have!

Spidey fries or Cap freedom fries, a green skrull smoothie, a Thor burger, a Venom fudge brownie, Wolverine Macho nachos!

So sticking Thor's name on a Tilt-A-Whirl makes it better? I don't think people go to theme parks because a ride is named Spider-Man or Batman. :lol

So sticking Thor's name on a Tilt-A-Whirl makes it better? I don't think people go to theme parks because a ride is named Spider-Man or Batman. :lol

Tell that to the Harry Potter goobers who literally fly from all over the world to Orlando just to visit the Harry Potter section at Universal Islands of Adventure (which, incidentally, is still mostly a Marvel-themed park) :lol

Islands of Adventure was really cool, but I was there before it was Harry Potter land and just Medievil land next to Jurassic Park. The rides are alot of fun, the 3D Spiderman was one of the best rides I've been on. Also this was before the regular Universal closed Back to the Future, Jaws, etc. Not sure I'd care enough to go back now.

If Disney does build a Marvel section, I'd be more interested in going back to their parks, it's been since I was probably 7 or so since I went there.

Have you been on Spiderman 3D? Thats a fine example of much more then a brand name slapped on a roller coaster. I would love to see what they could do with an Iron Man 3D ride with today's tech. Spiderman was built over 10 years ago now and it's still cutting edge as far as amusement park attractions go.

Have you been on Spiderman 3D? Thats a fine example of much more then a brand name slapped on a roller coaster. I would love to see what they could do with an Iron Man 3D ride with today's tech. Spiderman was built over 10 years ago now and it's still cutting edge as far as amusement park attractions go.

They recently revamped Spiderman 3-D, so now It looks way more realistic.

They recently revamped Spiderman 3-D, so now It looks way more realistic.

Wow, it's far more detailed then when I was there, looks pretty cool. They also changed the soundtrack.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cusKmODM61w&feature=related[/ame]

Islands of Adventure doesn't really have that much rides, the only cool one is Spiderman, there is a doctor Doom and a Storm ride but they are just by name, they don't really have anything to do with the characters, Hulk coaster is cool, but is the same,

Disney could totally make some new rides

Disney already said they will be making room for avengers stuff at there parks in the near future

Woops I deleted my post.. I meant to add to it.

*Its definitely no Cedar point when it comes to rides but, then again, its about a third of its size. I think its more about the attractions than anything else. I'm not a designer / engineer but, I'd imagine that they're pretty limited with what they could do regarding themed roller coasters. I personally think the best way to take advantage of these themed rides is to make them like the old Universal Studios. Look at terminator (not really a ride I know), King Kong (RIP), the Mummy ride (great example of a themed roller coaster), Men in Black, Back to the Future (RIP), even Space Mountain (Disney). They make you part of the ride / attractions which makes the experience more fun. So if Disney, or even Universal were to expand on this, they should go that route.

Last edited:
Woops I deleted my post.. I meant to add to it.

*Its definitely no Cedar point when it comes to rides but, then again, its about a third of its size. I think its more about the attractions than anything else. I'm not a designer / engineer but, I'd imagine that they're pretty limited with what they could do regarding themed roller coasters. I personally think the best way to take advantage of these themed rides is to make them like the old Universal Studios. Look at terminator (not really a ride I know), King Kong (RIP), the Mummy ride, Men in Black, Back to the Future (RIP), even Space Mountain (Disney). They make you part of the ride / attractions which makes the experience more fun. So if Disney, or even Universal were to expand on this, they should go that route.

yes but as far as marvel goes it will have to be disney because universal only has the rights to marvel for another year or 2 and there not going to build anything new just for a few years

I guess I must of been out of the loop for a while. Is anything going to happen to their current rides?

I guess I must of been out of the loop for a while. Is anything going to happen to their current rides?

after the contract with marvel runs out they will have to change them now that disney owns marvel hopefully disney with make a badass marvel addition to disney world

Back