Marvel Studios - Moon Knight series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the premise is interesting and IO actor is incredible this has to be Marvel’s worst origin story ever I mean the guy
Spoiler Spoiler:
I thought it was implied that he’s already been Moon Knight for some time now, but the Steven personality has just suppressed both Marc and MK.

While the premise is interesting and IO actor is incredible this has to be Marvel’s worst origin story ever I mean the guy
Spoiler Spoiler:
I bet episode two covers most of what you're wanting. Be patient.

BTW, is that you Spanky?

waiting-impatient.gif
:monkey3 :wave

I know nothing about Moon Knight.

The main guy was supposed to be a Marine???? Srsly?

So far this is just Venom.
The "main guy" we see is an alter ego of Marc Spector who is the real "main guy". He suffers from dissociative identity disorder, and it seems like the original and main personality (Marc) is suppressed by Steven; who is the complete opposite.

This was the doing of Marc after Steven blacked out, so yeah I'm sure he was a marine...
1648732116769.png

I know nothing about Moon Knight.

The main guy was supposed to be a Marine???? Srsly?

So far this is just Venom.
I was thinking of similarities with Venom, as well, partly because the Khonshu voice sounded so similar to Hardy's Venom. . .but the second immediate thought I had was how much better this was than Venom. I thought that first episode was terrific and look forward to seeing more. Casting seems well done, episode set up a lot of interesting and provocative story elements, was well paced and acted, the music was really effective as well. Just a well constructed and executed first episode in my mind. Only thing I wasn't really happy with was the CG dog thing that looked a bit cheesy, but what are you gonna do? No different than those things in the Eternals or a billion other superhero movies or shows.

I tend to sleep on a movie or episode and see how I feel in the morning. Sometimes, I end up disliking it more the more I think about it, like Eternals.

Thankfully, I’m smiling more on this episode this morning. Granted, there’s 5 more to go, but as a set-up intro, I’m quite happy. Oscar Isaac is killing it with the performance, the mystery element is well-done, and I’m loving the more supernatural horror moments that makes me excited to explore more of that side of Marvel (like Blade, Ghost Rider, etc.)

Some of the CGI was a tad dodgy, but I’ve certainly seen worse, and it didn’t suck me out of the story or characters.

I’m still very happy. I never expected this would ever be a project I’d see done justice in live-action, and I can think of a dozen more mainstream heroes Marvel could’ve adapted before they ever got to Moon Knight. And even when it was announced, I was skeptical they’d successfully adapt his all-white suit or multiple identities well. So far, I’m impressed.

I was thinking of similarities with Venom, as well, partly because the Khonshu voice sounded so similar to Hardy's Venom. . .but the second immediate thought I had was how much better this was than Venom. I thought that first episode was terrific and look forward to seeing more. Casting seems well done, episode set up a lot of interesting and provocative story elements, was well paced and acted, the music was really effective as well. Just a well constructed and executed first episode in my mind. Only thing I wasn't really happy with was the CG dog thing that looked a bit cheesy, but what are you gonna do? No different than those things in the Eternals or a billion other superhero movies or shows.
Thankfully the kept the jackal dog mostly hidden unlike Stranger Things lol

Only one shot it looked bad.

Last edited:
So, jye ... why do you keep referring to him as "IO"? You know his name is Oscar Isaac, not Isaac Oscar, right? Right!?
:lol

Add me to the list of positive reviews. I was drawn into the story for the entire episode. While explaining some things, it really leaves you wanting more, which is one of the main elements you hope to get from an introduction. I'll also echo all of the praise for Oscar Isaac. One episode in and he's already crushing it.
On a side note, I really enjoyed Steven utilizing a cupcake to fight off one of the thugs. I was laughing a bit more than I should have during that scene.

So, jye ... why do you keep referring to him as "IO"? You know his name is Oscar Isaac, not Isaac Oscar, right? Right!?
:lol

Add me to the list of positive reviews. I was drawn into the story for the entire episode. While explaining some things, it really leaves you wanting more, which is one of the main elements you hope to get from an introduction. I'll also echo all of the praise for Oscar Isaac. One episode in and he's already crushing it.
On a side note, I really enjoyed Steven utilizing a cupcake to fight off one of the thugs. I was laughing a bit more than I should have during that scene.
Sorry it was the mixture of pain killers and alcohol causing the dyslexia lol

Back