Marvel Studios - Moon Knight series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only really know him from the Secret Avengers comics, would love a live action version of that but they'd end up changing Valkyrie to be less sexualised, more PC/ethnically diverse

I don't know much about Moon Knight but he's a fairly dark and twisted character, no?

I don't know much about Moon Knight but he's a fairly dark and twisted character, no?
What little I know he's kind of dark, as heroes go. But his costume is cool.

Marvel will probably soften him up. If I recall correctly, he had a booze problem.

MK is... pretty nuts. He's the son of a Rabbi who thought his father was a ***** so he became a Merc until he got betrayed by his buddy, and after being saved by Khonshu, turned into a crime fighter. They used to make it ambiguous wether Khonshu was real or he was nuts, but when you have Thor talking with every Pantheon every other day, then the whole premise becomes silly. Then he got retconned to having DiD. Sometimes he cuts off people's faces. He's usually bloodthirsty. He fights mummies, vampires and so on. I like the old Moench stuff. The Ellis run was atmospheric as well. Most people got into him with the 2006 run, with blood and gore. But I'm not expecting much. Half the time his current portrayal is "uwu muh cinammon roll MENTAL ILLNESSES MATTER SHITLORDS" and the other half it's "lmao Moony rhymes with Loony haha Dracula where's my money ***** rolf".

As with everything, the more exposure an IP gets the more watered down and GA-friendly it becomes, losing its initial appeal and original identity. BTW, that costume screams fake. I hope it's fake too, it looks more like Ragman than Moon Knight. I'd take the Mr. Knight look over such a cheap tacticool mummy type of costume.

MK is... pretty nuts. He's the son of a Rabbi who thought his father was a ***** so he became a Merc until he got betrayed by his buddy, and after being saved by Khonshu, turned into a crime fighter. They used to make it ambiguous wether Khonshu was real or he was nuts, but when you have Thor talking with every Pantheon every other day, then the whole premise becomes silly. Then he got retconned to having DiD. Sometimes he cuts off people's faces. He's usually bloodthirsty. He fights mummies, vampires and so on. I like the old Moench stuff. The Ellis run was atmospheric as well. Most people got into him with the 2006 run, with blood and gore. But I'm not expecting much. Half the time his current portrayal is "uwu muh cinammon roll MENTAL ILLNESSES MATTER SHITLORDS" and the other half it's "lmao Moony rhymes with Loony haha Dracula where's my money ***** rolf".

As with everything, the more exposure an IP gets the more watered down and GA-friendly it becomes, losing its initial appeal and original identity. BTW, that costume screams fake. I hope it's fake too, it looks more like Ragman than Moon Knight. I'd take the Mr. Knight look over such a cheap tacticool mummy type of costume.
I'd be very surprised if they focus on his split personalities rather than trying to make him the MCU's B-grade Batman.

I'd be very surprised if they focus on his split personalities rather than trying to make him the MCU's B-grade Batman.
They can do both. I think his personalities is what separates him. I'd like it if they never reveal if there is an actual Egyptian God or if he is crazy.

Curious looking costume there. Cool they're going with the white motif, though my fav is the white/black. I can see a mild resemblance, however I think the suit should be more straightforward in my opinion. Come to recall, I think this one looks like some ancient armor he wore in the comics (when he fought punk ghosts), so in that regard, it looks pretty cool.

Yep!

Agreed!

Yeah I think I'd be fine if they went with the simple Mr. Knight look, but then he'd need his white limo lol

They can do both. I think his personalities is what separates him. I'd like it if they never reveal if there is an actual Egyptian God or if he is crazy.

Yes! That'd be a great plot line for the show. He's had an interesting relationship with Konshu, would definitely like to see some aspects of that explored in the show.

Nah, mental illnesses are in the past few years. It's an easy way to add prestige. They'd have to be really special morons to pass on that opportunity and give us another schlocky quipfest. I don't want them to double down on it, ideally an MK show would be True Detective: Egyptian Knight Edition but I'll take anything other than more MCU quips.
Agreed!

Yeah I think I'd be fine if they went with the simple Mr. Knight look, but then he'd need his white limo lol
I want his classic, White Spectre like suit too, but I'll take the minimalist Mr. Knight look over some schlocky hooded mummy.

Maybe MN will be the thing that saves Phase 4…

1628937606026.gif

Nah, mental illnesses are in the past few years. It's an easy way to add prestige. They'd have to be really special morons to pass on that opportunity and give us another schlocky quipfest. I don't want them to double down on it, ideally an MK show would be True Detective: Egyptian Knight Edition but I'll take anything other than more MCU quips.

I want his classic, White Spectre like suit too, but I'll take the minimalist Mr. Knight look over some schlocky hooded mummy.
Capture11.JPG

Some good, down to Earth action is what I am looking for. Indiana Jones was also pointed at in describing the series. Might be the first D+ show I'll like.

Last edited:
Maybe MN will be the thing that saves Phase 4…

View attachment 534622
It could. I doubt Shang-Chi and Eternals will. So far P4 is in free fall. MK could be the one to bring some genuine interest back.
View attachment 534660

Some good, down to Earth action is what I am looking for. Indiana Jones was also pointed at in describing the series. Might be the first D+ show I'll like.
Let's hope so. I like both Isaac and MK, so I'm rooting for it. At least I hope for some cool Egyptian-esque dollies. I wonder who Ethan Hawke's playing. I love that guy too, so I'm cautiously interested in the whole bit. MK & DS2 (maybe SMNWH for Raimi-Man) are the only things I'm genuinely interested in. F4 too, but that's ways off. I hope they cast the F4 properly, or at least don't deviate a lot from the source. I expect most of the X-Men to be butchered, but I hope the ones I want most make it out fine.

MK could, in theory, be a long-running series that plays with a couple of genres. Crime, Horror and Adventuring. One episode is Indiana Jones/Mummy/Tomb Raider/Uncharted, the other's him hunting down punk ghosts, and so on. You can milk it. You just have to give each genre its due and not just go full-on "lmao quipsquipsquipsquips" MCU. I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but I have a glimer of hope.

Never a huge Moon Knight fan, but over the years I've come to appreciate him as I am a huge Punisher fan. This stage could elevate him significantly if done well.

Back