Marvel slow to release.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who here is collecting the entire Marvel line from SS. I bet you could count them on your one hand. Besides should SS really limit the number of releases just because everyone cannot afford to buy all their releases. I think not.

quality > quantitythen again, namor and ghost rider on an effin throne? some people are really digging mystique as well, but the pose and exclusive don't do much for me.

i guess i'd rather see some highly desirable pieces with a slightly smaller ES released more frequently, but i'm not the one calling the shots.

While I disagree about Mystique (I am really impressed, although the exclusive is worthless), I think SS should continue to focus on quality instead of quantity. Would I like to see more PF's, comiquettes, and "AH" statues? Of course. However, while some of the Bowen statues look nice, Bowen has completely flooded the market and are now making busts/statues of obscure characters. I do not want Sideshow to flood the market with products just to sell more. This will inevitably drive down demand and value and cheapen the line as a whole.

~RANT~
It irritates me enough to see PF ES increasing, three versions on one PF & repaints, and that 90% of the "Marvel" section of Sideshow's newletter NONSideshow products. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Last edited:
Their pace is fine by me.
There are other companies I buy from so, if SSC moved at a faster pace I'd be in trouble.

I think SS should continue to focus on quality instead of quantity. Would I like to see more PF's, comiquettes, and "AH" statues? Of course. However, while some of the Bowen statues look nice, Bowen has completely flooded the market and are now making busts/statues of obscure characters. I do not want Sideshow to flood the market with products just to sell more. This will inevitably drive down demand and value and cheapen the line as a whole.

~RANT~
It irritates me enough to see PF ES increasing, three versions on one PF & repaints, and that 90% of the "Marvel" section of Sideshow's newletter NONSideshow products. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Agreed!
Sideshow doesn't have as many sculptors as Bowen, either. So, that could contribute to their less amount of Marvel product.

Actually I like it better when there is a delay because it gives me more time to come up with the money. So many good products coming out so little money......

i'm o.k. with the pace too because i can collect other lines at the same time and of course space is an issue. the only thing i worry about is if for some reason SS lost the license and couldn't finish the characters i want then the pace would be a problem.

personally, I'm very happy with the Marvel schedule so far. I'm a little broke right now, and the slower they come (HELLO), the easier on the wallet. If they were coming any faster (HELLO), we'd be complaining about them coming too fast (HELLO).

quality > quantity

then again, namor and ghost rider on an effin throne? some people are really digging mystique as well, but the pose and exclusive don't do much for me.

i guess i'd rather see some highly desirable pieces with a slightly smaller ES released more frequently, but i'm not the one calling the shots.

i agree. i think that they do certainly seem to take their time with their Marvel lines now. but i think it's because they are determined to give us awesome pieces with every release. i'd rather have one or two a year that are really freaking impressive when pumping them out left and right like gentle giant and bowen. those two seem to rehash the same stuff over and over again.

~~I want a Daredevil PF next.

I wonder if its caused by the closure of some of the toy producer in China affected SS's production, hence announcement of new stuff. Now that Thor has shipped, bring on the next PF masterpiece!! :)

I would blame Legendary scale bust series

Sideshow chosen the easy option to have new announcements in the marvel line. The LS busts(which I have no interest at all)

The more is the diversity, the slower the pace of each series. However, the pace of LS busts are nowhere near slow. On the contrary, SS makes the LS bust priority since they are easy to produce and less risky with sales, damages, returns...etc

Not only Marvel that is slow in release. Even the World of Warcraft and other Game related statues are tooooooo slow :(

Not only Marvel that is slow in release. Even the World of Warcraft and other Game related statues are tooooooo slow :(

i wouldn't be expecting to man releases for warcraft, i think they still have some up for second chance don't they. not that good of seller:(

nice statues imo, but just not enough interest to produce a large amount of merchandise.

Bah! Sideshow has multiple lines of Marvel collectibles that never fail to drive fans' wow-meters all the way to 11. With very few (albeit notable) exceptions, the quality of these collectibles is first rate in every way. When people walk into my study and find themselves surrounded by SS/W LOTR stuff, Star Wars PFs and replicas, Hot Toys 12" Figures, and Marvel PFs, they always, always head straight to the Marvel stuff and hardly give any time to the rest of the collection. The sculpts, the details, the costuming, the posing, the versatility provided by the exclusives, the sheer impressive size of the PFs, the iconic moments from the dioramas, the textbook expressions on the LS busts -- all of these things add up to a collectible series that dominates the market and gives any collector something to be proud of.

Yet with all of this, you guys still find something to complain about? And what you complain of is the length of time between the releases? Really?

Well, I suppose that, if a collectibles company was going to deal with complaints, having people complain that they can't get enough of your stuff is the best kind of "complaint" they could receive. :lol But, really ... do you all really need to sound so bitter about it?

Sideshow, keep doing what you're doing with the Marvel stuff. It's working, and working well. While I agree that it's impossible to have enough of the stuff, I, for one, have limits. Your "slow" release schedule works within those limits. And by spacing them out, you insure that I'll be able to continue collecting well into the future. I'd rather collect these things at a moderate pace for years than to have everything released at once. After all, even if I were able to by everything at such an accelerated rate, what would I do when it was complete?

Bah! Sideshow has multiple lines of Marvel collectibles that never fail to drive fans' wow-meters all the way to 11. With very few (albeit notable) exceptions, the quality of these collectibles is first rate in every way. When people walk into my study and find themselves surrounded by SS/W LOTR stuff, Star Wars PFs and replicas, Hot Toys 12" Figures, and Marvel PFs, they always, always head straight to the Marvel stuff and hardly give any time to the rest of the collection. The sculpts, the details, the costuming, the posing, the versatility provided by the exclusives, the sheer impressive size of the PFs, the iconic moments from the dioramas, the textbook expressions on the LS busts -- all of these things add up to a collectible series that dominates the market and gives any collector something to be proud of.

Yet with all of this, you guys still find something to complain about? And what you complain of is the length of time between the releases? Really?

Well, I suppose that, if a collectibles company was going to deal with complaints, having people complain that they can't get enough of your stuff is the best kind of "complaint" they could receive. :lol But, really ... do you all really need to sound so bitter about it?

Sideshow, keep doing what you're doing with the Marvel stuff. It's working, and working well. While I agree that it's impossible to have enough of the stuff, I, for one, have limits. Your "slow" release schedule works within those limits. And by spacing them out, you insure that I'll be able to continue collecting well into the future. I'd rather collect these things at a moderate pace for years than to have everything released at once. After all, even if I were able to by everything at such an accelerated rate, what would I do when it was complete?

yeah, so there. dido and second that!!
i for one am happy with speed of the releases. any faster and i think more people would be complaining about it been to fast, and not able to afford all this good stuff.
ie: just check out the sabretooth lsb thread.

Back