Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is he just into Marvel?

I'd also recommend "The Books Of Doom" a terrific read.
It delves into Doom's past & his motivations.
There's also "Loki" on TPB/HC.

He was turned on to super heros at a very early age by cartoons and movies. And ever since he learned to read, his main interests were super heros and villains. Especially the villains. He knew of my comic collection but also knew he wouldn't live to see 6 if he ever touched any of my comics, so he asked if I would read some to him.

I started with TBPs so he'd get the entire story. He's very mature for his age, so I wasn't concerned with reading the main titles with him (as opposed to restricting him to kids stuff). Around this time, the local newspaper started including entire reprint books of Amazing Spider-Man with the Sunday edition, so those were the first comic books that he owned himself. I told him that if he could take care of them, I'd start buying him more. He took care of them, and I held up my end of the bargain. He started with the kids section, but now dabbles in both the kids and the main sections, but primarliy the main section now.

Now he's 8 and has his own allowance, so the lid has been blown off the whole comics thing. I think he was the youngest kid at the LCS with a pull list until he realized he could save money by subscribing through the publisher.

Sorry for the long-winded answer, but you asked. :lol

That's awesome :rock Sounds like you have a pretty intelligent kid on your hands :clap

comic books > typical illustrated bedtime stories

Just finished the latest issues of "Amazing Spider-Man", "Punisher MAX" & "Uncanny X-Men".

Amazing Spider-Man
- delved into the new dynamics with the new FF. I thought the issue had its moments but didn't draw as much interest that I expected it would. Give it a 6.5-7/10***

Punisher MAX
- the new approach they're doing with Frank is VERY interesting. To be honest though I was never a big fan of Dillon's art but the story is just too good. Giving it a 8/10***

Uncanny X-Men
- this issue was a .1 issue meaning it's the kind of issue that Marvel makes it easy for new readers to jump on. The story mainly focused on Mags. This issue was an absolute treat & Namor's line is just freakin' hilarious. 9/10***

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Been reading up on some articles concerning the "Fear Itself" event & looky what I found, the "worthy":

hulk.jpg

The Hulk

grey-gargoyle.jpg

The Grey Gargoyle

Last edited:
Blah, I don't know about this Fear Itself thingy. They make it so ez to just hijack these character and continue a story from the middle. Like they have no say about being transform. I think I'll just flip through these comics for a quickie, LOL.

Remender is a fantastic writer, hasn't disappointed yet.
Also love how the Flash Thompson Venom is being drawn very closely to Brock's version.

I really hope that Sideshow does follow through & make a piece from this Venom version.

Looks to me like Marvel's promise of being able to follow Fear Itself from just reading the main title was a lie. I don't know wtf is going on anymore. The main title just seems to be the glue that holds all the other stories (which I haven't been reading) together and is kind of nonsense on it's own.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, I dunno. I'll re-read all three issues and see if I'm just missing something. As it stands now, I'm fairly disappointed with Fear Itself.

Looks to me like Marvel's promise of being able to follow Fear Itself from just reading the main title was a lie. As it stands now, I'm fairly disappointed with Fear Itself.

I agree. The main story so far is OK, but not great. It looks like we may not be seeing what happens with any of the other fights - Hulk, Thing etc unless we read the other mags.

So did anyone else pick up on the fact the in Fear itself Odin took Thor from Earth then the next thing he sent him back? WTF??

Yea, what happen? I missed only 1 issue of Thor 2-3 months ago...doubts the answer is there. I think they're trying hard to get us to buy into this Fear stuff. Hulk was supposedly transformed when he grab some hammer thingy? But I haven't seen it in any Hulk comics?

I am more curious as to how Loki develops.

"Fear Itself" is a convoluted mess at the moment.
A strong first issue but it's starting to really take a nosedive.
There's even barely any background info regarding the "Serpent" at all.
Had high hopes for this event, seeing that it isn't Bendis' show but so far it's rather disappointing.

Anybody else looking forward to the X-Men's "Schism" event?

Back