Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the series where he's in hell? Heard its pretty great so far.

That's the one. At first I kinda thought it was kinda overdone already, I mean Wolverine on a rampage cause someone has brainwashed him. (Again)

But now it's reaching a boiling point & I'm pleasantly suprised. Give it a shot. Oh and take a gander at the current Avengers title as well.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's the one. At first I kinda thought it was kinda overdone already, I mean Wolverine on a rampage cause someone has brainwashed him. (Again)

But now it's reaching a boiling point & I'm pleasantly suprised. Give it a shot. Oh and take a gander at the current Avengers title as well.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Have you read the Thanos Imperative? Awesome stuff. I really enjoyed Wolverine as Death waaaaaay back during the Shattering and Vs Apocalypse, Jae Lee's covers are masterpieces, and Wolverine in hell sounds bad ass. I'll have to pick up the hardcover.

Have you read the Thanos Imperative? Awesome stuff. I really enjoyed Wolverine as Death waaaaaay back during the Shattering and Vs Apocalypse, Jae Lee's covers are masterpieces, and Wolverine in hell sounds bad ass. I'll have to pick up the hardcover.

Yep, read that one already. Wolverine as Death & Hulk was War for a few issues.

Just finished reading the Punisher MAX series since Ennis left.
Lousy & uninspired. :(

Ennis Punisher kicked ass.

Finished the first book of Fear Itself. Loved it. This is going to be a great ride.

Ennis Punisher kicked ass.

Finished the first book of Fear Itself. Loved it. This is going to be a great ride.

Just finished it as well. It was alright, there wasn't really much except for the Asgardians but it does look promising. Can't wait for Juggy to join the fray! :impatient:

So those 3 "avatars" of the Serpent are Juggernaut, Hulk & The Grey Gargoyle. Then they blocked out one of them on the cover of the Hulk series, fighting Red Hulk. Here's hoping that it's M.O.D.O.K.! :yess::pray:

There's a total of 9 hammers apparently.

Last edited:
Amazing Spider-Man #657: Wow, there are no words... this is the good stuff, can't wait to finally dig in to Future Foundation after reading this.

Overall, I liked, but I wouldn't say I loved it. I didn't understand the desire for the humans to build a new Asgard on Earth. Like Odin said, he would just have to snap his finger and, boom, new Asgard. Tony's only idea to boost unemployment numbers is a housing project for the gods? There must be more to it that I missed. Perhaps in another book?

That said, there was plenty I did like.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall, I liked, but I wouldn't say I loved it. I didn't understand the desire for the humans to build a new Asgard on Earth. Like Odin said, he would just have to snap his finger and, boom, new Asgard. Tony's only idea to boost unemployment numbers is a housing project for the gods? There must be more to it that I missed. Perhaps in another book?

That said, there was plenty I did like.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Fraction said it best if you read Siege and recent Thor:

Fraction: Siege has sort of united the two cultures. They're no longer aliens, but really neighbors. The best of humanity comes out through Siege, and there's something really cemented now between Broxton and Asgard. In the Siege of Asgard, Broxton gets hit awfully hard too. It ties them all together. They share a tragic bond that humans respond to in the way that a natural disaster can bring a community together. And then there's a bond of war that resonates with the Asgardians. So Siege has united, in a real and meaningful way, Asgard and Broxton. They're no longer just neighbors anymore – they're a community.

That basically sums up why the humans want to help and rebuild, and Thor — always having faith in humanity to do great things — is willing to let them try and do something that previously only the gods could do.

When Thor says, "The avengers seek to turn asgard's ascent into a symbol of our partnership. Gods. And man. We are part of their lives as much as we ever were," really tied that in for me. Then the prophecy about the Serpent's return scares the crap out of Odin who says no to the whole rebuild plan leaving with the gods back to their plain in space. It sets it up for the last ominous line in the book that basically says 'the gods have abandoned us: we're screwed.'

Regarding Skadi:

When asked how much freewill Sin retains as Skadi, one of the worthy, Fraction replied becoming one of the worthy is a 'seduction' and an 'intoxication'. Sin's still in there — that can be picked up in her inner monologues.

So far the aspect of the book with the most potential is introducing a new villain into the marvel universe through the Serpent and the whole level of unpredictability of a new character we're not familiar with as opposed to the tried-and-true baddies.

Cannot wait for the return of the God of Mischief! :lecture

The animosity between Odin & Thor will be further explained on the ongoing Thor book since (If I'm correct) Fear Itself is ahead of what's going on Thor.

Anyone read the article on the limited issue they're doing with some iconic villains like Doom, Bullseye, Magneto, Loki & others.

From the young up & coming villains point of view.

Anyone read the article on the limited issue they're doing with some iconic villains like Doom, Bullseye, Magneto, Loki & others.

From the young up & coming villains point of view.

Haven't heard of it, but it sounds like something my kid would love; he's been pouring of "Bring On The Bad Guys" for some time now. I think he's studying to become a super-villain. Do you know what it's called?

xYx.... I read that preview yesterday. It sounds interesting and I'll give it a look when it shows up.

Loq

Vengeance sounds really cool, I'm definitely in for that one. I showed my kid and he let out this loud audible gasp, so I think he's in too. :lol

He was into Thunderbolts for a while, I'll have to look into MODOK's 11, I haven't heard of it before. :monkey1

:lol that's awesome. When I have kids, I hope they take a liking to comics. How did you introduce yours to it?

Nothing on the pull list this week, but really looking forward to picking up the Shield collection about Da Vinci, architects of time I think it was called, next week.

:lol that's awesome. When I have kids, I hope they take a liking to comics. How did you introduce yours to it?

He was turned on to super heros at a very early age by cartoons and movies. And ever since he learned to read, his main interests were super heros and villains. Especially the villains. He knew of my comic collection but also knew he wouldn't live to see 6 if he ever touched any of my comics, so he asked if I would read some to him.

I started with TBPs so he'd get the entire story. He's very mature for his age, so I wasn't concerned with reading the main titles with him (as opposed to restricting him to kids stuff). Around this time, the local newspaper started including entire reprint books of Amazing Spider-Man with the Sunday edition, so those were the first comic books that he owned himself. I told him that if he could take care of them, I'd start buying him more. He took care of them, and I held up my end of the bargain. He started with the kids section, but now dabbles in both the kids and the main sections, but primarliy the main section now.

Now he's 8 and has his own allowance, so the lid has been blown off the whole comics thing. I think he was the youngest kid at the LCS with a pull list until he realized he could save money by subscribing through the publisher.

Sorry for the long-winded answer, but you asked. :lol

Back