Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah man, ya gots to have Clint to antagonize Cap.

Some more promo art:

ZAcap.jpg

With that "A" in the background I wonder if we'll get eight different characters, one per letter, spelling "AVENGERS" as promo art showing the new line-up?

There were nine characters in that Heroic Age Promo art. I'm really starting to lean toward that not being the team.

Iron Man and Thor are probably a lock for letters "V" and "E".

Hawkeye is more than likely going to be in there too.

cap never carries a gun :sick

Looks then like they're not going by one character per letter. Still should be interesting to see more of the lineup as things progress.

I'm sure by now many of you read SIEGE #2. Jesus Christ... poor Ares. If anyone was to fall that quickly and brutally in a one-on-one battle, I wouldn't have suspected the God of War himself. I do have to say that I think this is Coipel's best artwork to date. He makes Asgard look so sweeping and grand. He builds up the house with his art, and boy does he know how tear it down in savage, remorseless conflict.

Still seems to be a lot of building up to the meat of the fight (evidenced by the three panels showcasing Cap's shield soaring increasingly closer and closer to the Iron Patriot's head), but the Sentry/Void VS Ares battle definitely met and exceeded the carnage quota for this issue. The one particular spread page was ____ing grisly to say the very least.

I'm liking SIEGE very, very much so far. Again, seems like these issues are building up to the following two, but #2 certainly provided it's fair share of shock and awe.

The 2nd issue came through as expected. The Ares destruction was unexpected but I was curious to see who went down. I am looking forward to Cap, IM and Thor's return to power.

Holly ASS CRACKERS! Just read Seige #2. Im loving it although Ares was one of my favourite characters so Im really bummed to see him go. I think there is definately going to be a showdown between Sentry and Ares son - The God of Fear. That 10 year old is going to destroy Sentry baby!!! Bring on Seige #3.

Holly ASS CRACKERS! Just read Seige #2. Im loving it although Ares was one of my favourite characters so Im really bummed to see him go. I think there is definately going to be a showdown between Sentry and Ares son - The God of Fear. That 10 year old is going to destroy Sentry baby!!! Bring on Seige #3.

Not so sure Phobos would be much of a contender. Nick Fury just beat the kid by staring at him. :lol He's going to be rightly pissed, but I'm not so sure how big a role he could play in taking down the Void.

Ares' death came as a surprise, and I was more than a bit sad to see him go. He was one of my favorite characters as well. Though I can't say it didn't seem appropriate. Particularly in light of his conversation with Norman in issue #1. A shame, but one hell of a cool battle.

Phobos did apparently deal quite the deadly blow to Ares before with "Godkiller", the sword now possessed by the Gorgon, but I don't know that he could be the factor to turn the tide against the Void. Seems like it would be a huge role for one of the Secret Warriors to play - really pivotal in this fight. Doesn't seem all that likely since Hickman's storyline is staying isolated from that, and SIEGE is kind of a tangential from the larger Secret Warriors arc. Hickman's "God of Fear, God of War" arc was done for the larger Marvel U, and he still views it as his least favorite arc since it really pulled him away from the Howling Commandos VS Hydra VS Leviathan plot. Phobos playing an immense role in turning the tide would have to be something that they'd need to address in Secret Warriors in a big way. He's damn powerful when he needs to be, but Fury and the Gorgon were immune to him. With the Void calling the shots, I'm not sure Phobos could tap into any fear there. With the Sentry he definitely could, since the Sentry is basically just in constant fear of himself. :lol

Could definitely happen that Phobos gets heavily involved, but I don't know how likely. Best way would be if he could direct Bob's fear into anger and turn him on himself. Aside from Phobos getting involved, I'm legitimately flummoxed how they might defeat the Void unless by way of the Sentry. If Bob was right and the Sentry/Void relationship is all about balance, it seems the most likely that he'll defeat himself. The Void was right, as the Sentry Bob really hasn't accomplished anything. Opposite this, the Void has a pretty impressive resume. Ares and the Molecule Man aren't exactly slouches. Killing individuals of that power, if the universe wants balance then at some point its seems the Sentry's good should balance the Void's evil. Taking him out seems probable. Just a thought as to how it might play out. Pretty damn hard to say. Phobos tipping the scales to Bob could help.

Picked up my copy of Siege #2 today...

Wow. :horror

Loved it. And in addition to the Ultimatesque Hulk vs. Wolverine moment I absolutely loved the final few panels.

Here comes the shield.

Picked up my copy of Siege #2 today...

Wow. :horror

Loved it. And in addition to the Ultimatesque Hulk vs. Wolverine moment I absolutely loved the final few panels.

Here comes the shield.

Kinda like Ultimate Hulk VS Wolverine. Wolverine got a hemicorporectomy, courtesy of the Hulk. Ares... well The Sentry took him down the middle like a phone book. Coipel drew that scene really well. You could really see the surprise, anguish, and even perhaps momentary fear in Ares' face the instant before it happened.

Kinda like Ultimate Hulk VS Wolverine. Wolverine got a hemicorporectomy, courtesy of the Hulk. Ares... well The Sentry took him down the middle like a phone book. Coipel drew that scene really well. You could really see the surprise, anguish, and even perhaps momentary fear in Ares' face the instant before it happened.

Agreed. The book has been beautifully drawn... (I also liked Dark Wolverine's burn courtesy of Thor.) There are some great moments (and only in issue #2) and noen of it feels like the same letdown that most of the Secret Invasion series was... Except for a few exceptions. I'm really looking forward to when the Sentry finally gets taken down.

Copiels art is amazing. This is one of the best drawn comics I have seen and I have been reading / collecting comics for over 20 years. I havent been this excited over comics for a long time.

I haven't bought a comic in 3-4 months, but I REALLY want to see a pic of Ares getting killed. I might have to buy the issue off eBay just to see that panel.

Back