Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Secret Invasion Discussion (Spoilers)

So.....certain Marvel characters are Skrulls.....is this Marvel's in for nullifing things done in the past? Will the Captain America killed really be a Skrull? Will the Spider-Man that cannot love Mary Jane be a Skrull that go into far with his cover? The story sounds interesting but my Spider-Sense is going off as this being Marvel's creative eraser...

Secret Invasion sounds really good...

...but then again I thought Civil War and WWH were going to be good but both of those crossovers ended poorly IMO. :monkey3

The premise of Secret Invasion though is very interesting.

I think that the best benefit of this crossover is that it will allow Marvel to "redo" or "erase" anything it wants from offical Marvel History by revealing that certain character to be a Skrull. It's a brilliant way to get rid of any baggage that they don't want.

One person that I hope is a Skrull is Colossus. His previous "death" was one of the best X-stories in years, and IMO by Joss Whedon bringing Colossus back completely ruined his original sacrifice.

Tony Stark has been acting a bit Skrully.

I hope Marvel doesn't pervert this as an excuse for doing something with some characters.

Much like the Clone Saga with Spidey when they decided to reveal that for the last 20-30 years the Spider-man we had known and loved had been a clone. Thank God they fixed that up.

I don't want to learn that a character I followed for so long has been a Skrull for the past 10-20 (or more) years....

Last edited:

WIZARD #196 has tons of spoilers. Here are some of the highlights-- (avoid eyes:D)

Every major team has a skrull.

When asked how many people die in the series the answer from Bendis (Brian Michael) is "The better question is how many people return from the dead." (one Hawkeye-related)

When asked in no uncertain terms is Cap not a skrull the answer given was "Yeah. (meaning not a skrull)"

Here's how it shakes up in Avengers (roughly):

New Avengers #38- The Breakup an emotional Luke Cage/Jessica Jones story

New Avengers #39- "a pretty big Skrull reveal" (Bendis)

New Avengers #40-41- one of the jaw-dropping skrull reveals from issue #2 is given their backstory in this two-parter

New Avengers #42-43- Nick Fury returns (with other new characters)

Mighty Avengers #13-18- new artist and it's stated that some of the "villains are also equally effected as the heroes" (??)

Anyway, WIZARD #196 has some goodies so if you haven't picked it up or aren't a regular reader (which I wasn't) look for it.

So.....certain Marvel characters are Skrulls.....is this Marvel's in for nullifing things done in the past? Will the Captain America killed really be a Skrull? Will the Spider-Man that cannot love Mary Jane be a Skrull that go into far with his cover? The story sounds interesting but my Spider-Sense is going off as this being Marvel's creative eraser...

I think Bendis stated somewhere that the Spidey in his book is not a skrull, but the Spidey in New Avengers??????

Marvel has stated that Steve Rogers was not a skrull, as his body did not revert to skrull form. Steeve Rogers is dead.

One person that I hope is a Skrull is Colossus. His previous "death" was one of the best X-stories in years, and IMO by Joss Whedon bringing Colossus back completely ruined his original sacrifice.

I like Colossus a lot and I was upset when he died.
But I thought his death was awesome.
It was great.
I did not like the Whedon had brought him back, however, I did like his run on Astonishing and what he did.
I hope he is a Skrull, but the way Whedon explained it, I am afraid he will not be.

I too thought that WWH and Civil War were less than thrilling, especially in the conclusion to each, but Secret Invasion is a fun idea, and the paranoia the Skrull story line creates is a lot of fun. The Illuminati lived up to the promise of the premise for me, especially now that it leads to this new crossover.

Some reveals were made in Captain Marvel, but have not seen for sure yet.
Cobalt Man, Kree Soldiers and possibly Captain Marvel himself.

But, seeing the relationship between the Kree and Skrull, I think the skrull telling Cap he is a skrull, might just be a lie.

I too thought that WWH and Civil War were less than thrilling, especially in the conclusion to each, but Secret Invasion is a fun idea, and the paranoia the Skrull story line creates is a lot of fun. The Illuminati lived up to the promise of the premise for me, especially now that it leads to this new crossover.

I thought Civil War had a decent end. The only way it would have been better would have been for Captain America to die in issue #8(which there was no issue #8) instead of his own series.

WWH was a good up until the end. However, Planet Hulk was part one and WWH was part 2 of a 3 part story. I do not know what the other story is yet or when it will start, but it hasn't ended yet. Give it time.

Part 3 is called ''Son of Hulk'' Mith...

Part 3 is called ''Son of Hulk'' Mith...

I knew there was going to be a series called Skaar: Son of Hulk, but didn't know that would be part 3.

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Hopefully Skaar is not upset at his dad, as he should have no reason to be.

I think Storm is a Skrull. Marrying Black Panther to influence his decision making as the King of Wakanda. But I could be wrong................:rolleyes:

secret-invasion-20080215035946303.jpg

Secret Invasion: Fantastic Four #1
The invasion has started, and no one in the MU is safe, not even the First Family of Comicdom! Aware that some of the Earth's most advanced technology and weaponry is housed in the Baxter Building, the Skrulls have neutralized the building--by transporting it and its inhabitants straight to the Negative Zone!

With one member of the Fantastic Four M.I.A. and another "replaced," it's up to the remaining family members--not to mention Franklin and Val—to get back to our dimension, Skrulls or no Skrulls. But are any of our heroes who they think they are?

secret-invasion-20080215040052786.jpg

Secret Invasion #2
The Invasion is here!! The Marvel Universe is in shambles. The Skrull Empire's plan has birthed itself into perfection. It is hero versus hero!! Resurrections and reunions!!

Is Tony Stark a Skrull? And is that actually Captain America leading the heroes into a new era??

The creative team is, of course, Bendis and Yu, with Gabrielle Dell'Otto on covers. Steve McNiven is providing variants. Our solicit information indicates a price point of $3.99 for 32 pages.

secret-invasion-20080215035959897.jpg

The incredible Herc #117
The Greek Goliath gathers the most powerful super-team ever assembled to counter-attack the Skrull gods! Face front, True Believers, and prepare for the pantheon-pounding premiere of... THE GOD SQUAD!

That almost looks like an underwater scene on the FF cover though the description talks about the Negative Zone.

Perhaps that is Namor?? He did join with Dr.Doom at the end of the Sub-Mariner mini-series recently.

When are they going to show that the Cap who was shot was a skrull?

WIZARD #196 has tons of spoilers. Here are some of the highlights-- (avoid eyes:D)

Every major team has a skrull.

When asked how many people die in the series the answer from Bendis (Brian Michael) is "The better question is how many people return from the dead." (one Hawkeye-related)

When asked in no uncertain terms is Cap not a skrull the answer given was "Yeah. (meaning not a skrull)"
Here's how it shakes up in Avengers (roughly):

New Avengers #38- The Breakup an emotional Luke Cage/Jessica Jones story

New Avengers #39- "a pretty big Skrull reveal" (Bendis)

New Avengers #40-41- one of the jaw-dropping skrull reveals from issue #2 is given their backstory in this two-parter

New Avengers #42-43- Nick Fury returns (with other new characters)

Mighty Avengers #13-18- new artist and it's stated that some of the "villains are also equally effected as the heroes" (??)

Anyway, WIZARD #196 has some goodies so if you haven't picked it up or aren't a regular reader (which I wasn't) look for it.

JBElliott, ahem...

To echo DarthNeil, the steve Rogers that was shot, was not a Skrull.
Marvel is saying that he definately was not a skrull.

However, Cap is coming back, sort of.
See below.

avninv001.jpg

AVENGERS/INVADERS #1 (of 12)
Written by Jim Krueger and Alex Ross
Penciled by Steve Sadowski
Cover by ALEX ROSS
Variant Cover by David Finch
Legends Live Again.
The original Invaders (Captain America , Bucky , Human Torch , Toro , and the Sub-Mariner) return in a twelve issue maxi-series by the award winning team behind EARTH X, Justice and Project Superpowers .The greatest super-team of World War II finds themselves transported from the battlefields of the Second World War to a future they never imagined! Now, the Invaders find themselves confronted by two teams of Avengers who want desperately to believe these heroes are who they say they are, while Tony Stark faces his greatest challenge since the Civil War as he must deal with the “return” of Steve Rogers. Confronted by a world they barely recognize, the Invaders will have to show two teams of the Earth’s Mightiest Heroes just what kind of power, courage and sheer determination it took to defeat the forces of unrelenting evil in the Twentieth century. In fact…they may just have to do it again in the Twenty-First.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Oh and I changed my screen name from Mithrandier to Gandalf, if anyone noticed or cared.

mightavn013.jpg

MIGHTY AVENGERS #13 &14
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Penciled by ALEX MALEEV & KHOI PHAM
Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
SECRET INVASION TIE-INS!
Where has Nick Fury been and who are the new Howling Commandos? It’s the debut of all-new characters and some surprising revelations about some classic ones as Nick starts to put his plan to stop the Invasion together. But will it be enough?
The Eisner award-winning team of Bendis and Maleev bring this very important Secret Invasion issue to life.
32 PGS.(each)/Rated A …$2.99 (each)

Back