Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while searching for Iron Man busts on eBay, I came across several "interesting" re-casts.

there apparently already is a mark XLII lifesize bust in China, which looks very good and could just as well be a recast from the official Sideshow bust, except that the one from Sideshow isn't even in pre-order yet.

And I saw an auction for a clean mark III bust, which uses the pictures I took of my own original mark III. It's weird seeing my own photos on someone elses auction.

Does anyone know if this is a fake or an actual proto? Thinking of buying it.
KGrHqRo4FHvumeMKwBR-bC68hF60_3_zps4e2d4641.jpg

T2eC16FcE9s4PsNGPBR-bC-ic2Q60_57_zps9dc5cf4e.jpg

T2eC16JzoE9s5nd03MBR-bDCvKWw60_57_zpsb5e8ba76.jpg

actual proto absolutely

Do your research my friend. The Mark VI armor has gunmetal coloring at his inner elbows and knees.

Hi guys,

Uh, so I'm a first timer here, and so there's a few things I should mention. I'm not a collector and only own a few pieces, mostly videogame related and nothing of real quality. However, as a long-time comic fan I've always wanted a few pieces, and with any luck I intend on getting a few in the coming year or so, primarily the Marvel Now Avengers ArtFX series and some Superman/Batman stuff.

I also understand the idea of recasts and counterfeits may be very touchy, so I apologise now if I offend anyone or say anything wrong.

Basically there's a listing on Ebay for a clear fake Hulk. The seller doesn't seem to be trying to overly hide the fact as the brand is listed as being Crazy Toys, a company known for making knock-offs, especially of the New 52 ArtFX line. And I'm wondering given the cheap price if it might be worth getting. Keep in mind I wouldn't expect the same level of quality as the real deal, but if it would look good from a few feet away, which is where I'll be seeing it from, then I'm seriously considering it. While the rest of the Avengers Now line is affordable for me, the Hulk piece is pretty pricey round here.

This is the listing:
Marvel Classic Avengers Age of Ultron Series Hulk Fine Art Statue Figure | eBay

Has anyone here ever bought a Crazy Toys product? They've also got a Superman of Tomorrow which looks nice in the pics for about £30, compared to the £100 the real thing costs. I'm afraid I don't think I could ever spend that sort of money as I just don't have it.

Would the Hulk be worth grabbing? Or do you reckon those pictures would be covering up a pretty bad replica? And should I just not be asking this whole question at all?

Cheers guys, one way or another!

If we all bought knockoffs the companies that produce these items would have no income therefore not be able to pay talented people to make the items.
No more collectables for anyone...

Hi guys,

Uh, so I'm a first timer here, and so there's a few things I should mention. I'm not a collector and only own a few pieces, mostly videogame related and nothing of real quality. However, as a long-time comic fan I've always wanted a few pieces, and with any luck I intend on getting a few in the coming year or so, primarily the Marvel Now Avengers ArtFX series and some Superman/Batman stuff.

I also understand the idea of recasts and counterfeits may be very touchy, so I apologise now if I offend anyone or say anything wrong.

Basically there's a listing on Ebay for a clear fake Hulk. The seller doesn't seem to be trying to overly hide the fact as the brand is listed as being Crazy Toys, a company known for making knock-offs, especially of the New 52 ArtFX line. And I'm wondering given the cheap price if it might be worth getting. Keep in mind I wouldn't expect the same level of quality as the real deal, but if it would look good from a few feet away, which is where I'll be seeing it from, then I'm seriously considering it. While the rest of the Avengers Now line is affordable for me, the Hulk piece is pretty pricey round here.

This is the listing:
Marvel Classic Avengers Age of Ultron Series Hulk Fine Art Statue Figure | eBay

Has anyone here ever bought a Crazy Toys product? They've also got a Superman of Tomorrow which looks nice in the pics for about £30, compared to the £100 the real thing costs. I'm afraid I don't think I could ever spend that sort of money as I just don't have it.

Would the Hulk be worth grabbing? Or do you reckon those pictures would be covering up a pretty bad replica? And should I just not be asking this whole question at all?

Cheers guys, one way or another!

Buying recasts would be a good way to make your stay on the forum real short

If u see a difference between the retail price and also this come from China is fake just like that I don't mean all of then some seller sell good prices from China and are the real items but is impossible a koto superman is 110 dollars u gonna get in 29 with a different box err sometimes if just see the evidence that it's

As a retailer i bought one of the Crazy Toys Thor Hot Toys K/O statue to see what the quality was like and i am glad to say it was crap. The stands these things come with are horrible and looking at that Koto knock off Hulk it is the wrong shade of green. It amazes me that Ebay allow Crazy Toys products on there.

Recast Alert: XM MK42 is being recasted and released and recolored to MK43. Some guy from Hong Kong in FB posted a sample.

Back