Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropped him an email asking for pics, he said its all boxed and he has Iron Man and Dr Dooms.

fdat, if he really needed to wanted to please the customer he would take it out and take pics from all angles.

What pic is that attached, one of his? The detail in the feet is not there and the gloss is evident.

Yeah thats the pic of the recast. He doesn't want to open the box as its sealed, sad thing is someone will probably nuy it. He wants 800$ for the Iron Man comiquette, you can find a real one for not much more.
The Doom recast is worrying though.

Yeah thats the pic of the recast. He doesn't want to open the box as its sealed, sad thing is someone will probably nuy it. He wants 800$ for the Iron Man comiquette, you can find a real one for not much more.
The Doom recast is worrying though.

Interesting, I'd like to the see the cloth on the Doom recast. :D

For the record, I was only kidding...trying to make fun of the recaster on eBay :) I don't own 62... I hope it didn't cause any problem :)

Not the best place to joke and kid in a thread about recasts and fakes....

Item number 260580177915 ,i`m not a marvel expert but if i`m right the exclusive edition of the DareDevil LSB isn`t the one with the brown & yellow costume and the nameplate ? plus the Red Daredevil has two DD on the chest , seems a good repaint of the yellow & brown costume...

I'm betting they are not fakes but produced in the same factory and leftovers from the production run and just numbered consecutively because the last one he sold was numbered 1 below this one which still makes these illegal and not part of the official numbering.

Hi all, I am new to this blog posting. I've been buying my statues directly at sideshow to avoid any issues of recast & fakes. However, I would like some feed back if anyone would buy recast if they missed out on them to have in your collection? As much as I want to have the real deal, there's no way I can afford over $1000 for a spiderman PF or IM comiquette. I know buying recasts may promote more issues & fakes to be done, but what would you guys do?

I think sideshow should make hologram COA numbered to avoid all these recaster from producing fake statues. This would make life much easier.:angelsmil

Hi all, I am new to this blog posting. I've been buying my statues directly at sideshow to avoid any issues of recast & fakes. However, I would like some feed back if anyone would buy recast if they missed out on them to have in your collection? As much as I want to have the real deal, there's no way I can afford over $1000 for a spiderman PF or IM comiquette. I know buying recasts may promote more issues & fakes to be done, but what would you guys do?

I think sideshow should make hologram COA numbered to avoid all these recaster from producing fake statues. This would make life much easier.:angelsmil

Buy a recast cause you missed a statue? you'd still be missing it!!! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotf:

I think sideshow should make hologram COA numbered to avoid all these recaster from producing fake statues. This would make life much easier.
Thanks for joining.

Honestly, any all-polystone statue that reaches a certain value is going to be recast and even if Sideshow would include a hologram, I think recasters would figure out a way to make one. Look at all the Nike ripoffs.

The only reason we haven't seen Doom or retro/classic Spiderman PF recasts is because the fabrics are hard to get an exact match and miscolors are a give away.

Anyone heard of Sentinel #1 fakes? This guy has sold 2 EX Sentinels and 2 Dr. Doom PF's.
https://cgi.ebay.com/X-Men-vs-Senti...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item23061d17c9

Thanks for joining.

Honestly, any all-polystone statue that reaches a certain value is going to be recast and even if Sideshow would include a hologram, I think recasters would figure out a way to make one. Look at all the Nike ripoffs.

The only reason we haven't seen Doom or retro/classic Spiderman PF recasts is because the fabrics are hard to get an exact match and miscolors are a give away.

as far as i know the only largely recasted pieces don't have light up features or use cloth. either or both of these features seem to be to much trouble for them to reproduce.
sadly given more time and they'll fugure it out i'm sure.

Back