Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's to funny, i actually ran into that piece in my searching for an ex. thor lsb. i kinda thought it was odd that ssc had one up for auction at the same time as this one was listed.

i'm sure if someone would of bought it they would of gotten a repainted blue thor bust with prototype or at least the edition number rubbed off of the btm of the statue.

bunch of ass holes on ebay.

unless there is something shady with the seller, then i would say it's ok, since there hasn't been any exclusive version been known to been recasted YET.
now other than the seller only has 95% feedback and he can't seem to list his items properly. gray hulk with green hulk pics etc. etc.

maybe a good one to just stay away from. imo.

"We do not accept any Hong Kong buyers unless they will pay for the shipping and handling fees!"

..which is $200... :duh

I'm a long time Sideshow collector and eBay buyer and a friend of mine from Sideshow directed me to this website. This particular thread caught my eye first because I really hate bootleggers, counterfeiters, what ever you want to call these pricks. I do a lot of tracking on eBay, checking prices, interest and of course, looking for bargains. When I see what I believe are counterfeits I contact both eBay and Sideshow and they seem to pull them fairly quickly. One thing for sure, if I see Hong Kong or China as the seller's home, warning lights start flashing, bells start ringing and I start looking with a very critical eye. The bottom line is that I wouldn't buy from these places if you gave me the money.

Well, I'll shut up now. I like what I see so far and am going to go wander around the site and get to know you folks. Cheers.

I'm a long time Sideshow collector and eBay buyer and a friend of mine from Sideshow directed me to this website. This particular thread caught my eye first because I really hate bootleggers, counterfeiters, what ever you want to call these pricks. I do a lot of tracking on eBay, checking prices, interest and of course, looking for bargains. When I see what I believe are counterfeits I contact both eBay and Sideshow and they seem to pull them fairly quickly. One thing for sure, if I see Hong Kong or China as the seller's home, warning lights start flashing, bells start ringing and I start looking with a very critical eye. The bottom line is that I wouldn't buy from these places if you gave me the money.

Well, I'll shut up now. I like what I see so far and am going to go wander around the site and get to know you folks. Cheers.

Check out my thread kind of goes along with fakes, counterfeits, etc...

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52521

Please help us protect each other, it's the only way!

here's another good thread about a bootleg/counterfeit collectible ring operation that was uncovered recently. a must read for all:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52797

I think the giveaway, besides being from Hong Kong, is that no serial number is offered in the description. I think the clincher would be to do an ASQ and see what kind of response is given.

Also, methinks the seller smells another scammer/recaster in Thailand and is trying to exact a "franchise" fee.

Back