Marvel Daredevil Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious how you'll be touching up the black portions on the hand though

That's black tape. I used it to mask the hand when I was cutting and filing on the original billy club. I removed one club (on either side) and used the other to anchor both parts that you see on the hand now. It's not 100% straight like the rod I put through the right hand, but it'll work for what I want.

20151223_204333~2.jpg

20151223_204249~2.jpg

Finishing up the fabrication work, few more things to take care of before paint. Looking pretty good so far.

Looks better than SS version. Not much review of this statue, seem unpopular somehow

No doubt in my mind there was supposed to be clubs in both hand and this got compromised somehow in the release

Nice... do a review please. =)

Okay you asked for it.
DD 1 SM.jpg

First things first, a lot of people are worried about a possible lean issue with this statue but honestly after unboxing him and seeing the size of the post that fits into the base and how tightly it fits, I have no worries. This is very sturdy statue and it seems pretty well designed from that perspective.

The details in the suit are fantastic. From the seams to the texture. The face sculpt, well half of a face sculpt, is really nice and the paint application is very well done. He goes from dark to medium red in the suit and the skin tone is great as well even though there is very little of it.

The base, even though it's small s well executed. Although I did notice the sword she holds seems to be made of a lighter more flexible material than the polystone the rest of the base is made from. I have no real idea what the material is though, and honestly the base is well painted enough unless you touch the sword, you'd never know.

The pose, while I didn't have an issue with it, obviously because I ordered it, it does leave you with only a few viewing angles you can really use and still see the statue. I think in hand that's my one detraction from it, you're basically stuck with two good angles, and the rest will not show the statue very well.

My other nitpick is pretty much the same as everyone else's, the size of the clubs. If they had made them nunchukku the size would about perfect. But as "Billy" clubs or even Eskrema Sticks, they are much too small.

All in all if you're looking for a classic comic book take on Daredevil this statue is very much that. It screams classic marvel and will sit will with other classic Takes like the recent Punisher and upcoming Spider-man. However if you want a modern DD, with more to it you may want to stay away or wait for something more redesigned.

I give this statue a 8.5/10, with the viewing angles and the slighted billy clubs being enough to keep it from being perfect, the clubs more than the angles I think which is why I deducted 1.5 points instead of just 1 as I see no reason why they couldn't have made the clubs larger and gotten that part right.

Still this is a happy addition to my collection and I'm glad I ordered.

The details in the suit are fantastic. From the seams to the texture. The face sculpt, well half of a face sculpt, is really nice and the paint application is very well done. He goes from dark to medium red in the suit and the skin tone is great as well even though there is very little of it.

:exactly:

Cane all done now that the holidays are over and guests are all gone.
I'm happy with how it turned out, may do a little more weathering detail though as the cane is still pretty white. And yes, these also fit in the "holster" on DD's hip.

DDB1.jpg

DDB2.jpg

DDB3.jpg

DDB4.jpg

DDB5.jpg

DDB6.jpg

DDB7.jpg

DDB8.jpg

DD was in sitting in the base most of the time while I was working, so yes it's pretty solid, I have no worries on any leaning issues
This is the DD I grew up reading and with the white cane I like it even more.

:exactly:

Cane all done now that the holidays are over and guests are all gone.
I'm happy with how it turned out, may do a little more weathering detail though as the cane is still pretty white. And yes, these also fit in the "holster" on DD's hip.

View attachment 234072

View attachment 234073

View attachment 234074

View attachment 234075

View attachment 234076

View attachment 234077

View attachment 234078

View attachment 234079

DD was in sitting in the base most of the time while I was working, so yes it's pretty solid, I have no worries on any leaning issues
This is the DD I grew up reading and with the white cane I like it even more.
I still haven't decided if I'm brave as you are and if will customize this but if I do I think I might do the red Eskrema sticks instead.

I may have to pick your brain a little though. I have ideas on how to do it but yours came out so perfect I might ask for some in put if you dont mind. Thats if I can get myself to do it.

Great review Josh. I kind of leaning toward this DD more than XM version. The XM paint seem darker red as oppose to ss version.

Okay you asked for it.
View attachment 234055

First things first, a lot of people are worried about a possible lean issue with this statue but honestly after unboxing him and seeing the size of the post that fits into the base and how tightly it fits, I have no worries. This is very sturdy statue and it seems pretty well designed from that perspective.

The base, even though it's small s well executed. Although I did notice the sword she holds seems to be made of a lighter more flexible material than the polystone the rest of the base is made from. I have no real idea what the material is though, and honestly the base is well painted enough unless you touch the sword, you'd never know.

The pose, while I didn't have an issue with it, obviously because I ordered it, it does leave you with only a few viewing angles you can really use and still see the statue. I think in hand that's my one detraction from it, you're basically stuck with two good angles, and the rest will not show the statue very well.

My other nitpick is pretty much the same as everyone else's, the size of the clubs. If they had made them nunchukku the size would about perfect. But as "Billy" clubs or even Eskrema Sticks, they are much too small.

All in all if you're looking for a classic comic book take on Daredevil this statue is very much that. It screams classic marvel and will sit will with other classic Takes like the recent Punisher and upcoming Spider-man. However if you want a modern DD, with more to it you may want to stay away or wait for something more redesigned.

I give this statue a 8.5/10, with the viewing angles and the slighted billy clubs being enough to keep it from being perfect, the clubs more than the angles I think which is why I deducted 1.5 points instead of just 1 as I see no reason why they couldn't have made the clubs larger and gotten that part right.

True. I'm glad ordered toi.

Okay you asked for it.
View attachment 234055

A nice well put review. Thanks Josh. I agree with you 100%. What you said about viewing angles I find true about many statues in regards to height. There are some pieces when looking up at look really good and looking down on look really bad and versa visa. DD doesn't suffer form that both top down or down up view, he looks great from either height but as you said you cant really view it from other angles without half the piece being obstructed. Sorry about the tangent but it sparked something I think about pretty regularly.

Nice write-up, Josh...pretty much on point for this piece.

Awesome custom, Pork Chop...the cane and the cable look fantastic.

I concur with most people here...love this piece more everyday, I'm very happy with it.

IMG_3301-003.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back