Marvel Daredevil Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is definitely one of those pieces that looks way better in person close up then when you look at it in pictures. just opened mine up for display yestrday night, and can't praise it enough. a great comic representation of how daredevil looks.

Has anyone had a waitlist convert for this? I put in my waitlist today and if it converts... it will be my first ever statue.

Has anyone had a waitlist convert for this? I put in my waitlist today and if it converts... it will be my first ever statue.

I went on the wait list last week and it converted less than 48 hours later. I cancelled. You should be fine.

Back when it came out, nobody wanted it :lol

Ha. Truth. I saw BP randomly on the Internet back in early 2011 and I'm a huge BP fan so I had to have it. Had no idea what ss was at the time since my comic store only sold Bowens so I was hugely impressed. I wasn't a statue collector but years before I had gotten Bowen Spidey as a one off purchase on eBay solely as a Spidey fan, not intending to buy more states...so I figured check eBay again. Found it for less than retail, never opened, and it sold me on more ss statues. BP is what really started this addiction...uh...collection. Lol.

this is definitely one of those pieces that looks way better in person close up then when you look at it in pictures. just opened mine up for display yestrday night, and can't praise it enough. a great comic representation of how daredevil looks.

Apart from the laughably small Billy clubs he's holding in his hand, it's the only weapon/gadget he uses so how can a professional sculptor working for Sideshow checking multiple comic book references make them so tiny ?

It's like sculpting a Captain America PF and making his shield the size of a dinner plate.

Apart from the laughably small Billy clubs he's holding in his hand, it's the only weapon/gadget he uses so how can a professional sculptor working for Sideshow checking multiple comic book references make them so tiny ?

It's like sculpting a Captain America PF and making his shield the size of a dinner plate.

the clubs could be larger, sure, but overall, it doesn't bother me that much. still works.

Agreed. To bad the hands are not removable. I still might try to mock up his white cane at some point, when I have a minute.
If...and I mean IF I were feeling brave it wouldnt be impossible cut the hand off and if someone were to make a cast of it and resulpt the billy clubs it wouldnt be impossible to fit the recast hand and the arm with magnets... If I were feeling brave.

If...and I mean IF I were feeling brave it wouldnt be impossible cut the hand off and if someone were to make a cast of it and resulpt the billy clubs it wouldnt be impossible to fit the recast hand and the arm with magnets... If I were feeling brave.

I actually considered that as well. My worry is that the cut would be off, not completely even with the glove seam around the forearm. That might get tricky trying to reattach and might turn into a headache with results never looking as clean as the original. With planning and work it could be done. For me it would be easier to drill the hands with a very small drill bit and fit the new parts into place. I just have to figure out what the materials will be. Very much in the same vein when I replaced the knife on the last Punisher PF. Although, the hands were removable so it was much easier.

I actually considered that as well. My worry is that the cut would be off, not completely even with the glove seam around the forearm. That might get tricky trying to reattach and might turn into a headache with results never looking as clean as the original. With planning and work it could be done. For me it would be easier to drill the hands with a very small drill bit and fit the new parts into place. I just have to figure out what the materials will be. Very much in the same vein when I replaced the knife on the last Punisher PF. Although, the hands were removable so it was much easier.
Yeah, I started thinking about doing it but I need to buy a few things first to get it done and I'm not proficient at recasting and sculpting so thats another expense. Not sure if its worth it. So for now I'll keep him as is until I can do everthing myself.

I received DD on friday! It's awesome!!! Not a fan of the pose when i PO'ed it...but once i set him up..I fell in love :) Andy did an amazing job!

Back