Marvel Daredevil Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then I guess this isn't a good representation!! :lecture

:lol Touché.

He doesn't look unbalanced to me...because...Daredevil is never unbalanced :lol

Nah, I just don't see the big complaint about the pose...looks fine to me (even though I would have done different, but I can say that about almost all pieces).

Last edited:
I absolutely love the blindfolded statue he's stepping on!! Also, the texture on the fabric seems very nice and well put together imo. The pose is not terrible but i'm not a fan of it either. Isn't it crazy the rate at which Sideshow is releasing Marvel PFs?

Okay so if I'm being honest, the paint on the Red Daredevil isn't the red I'd like it to be.

and I know I'm posting a ton of pics this morning but I'm in a photoshopping mood. But this is closer to what I thought the color should be.

Daredevil Statue Comic Red2.jpg

The problem with the arm and leg positions are just . Both hands out front and in the same plane with the feet SO close together. It is just terriby unbalanced.

true, good observation... there is definitely something very off about this, I still dig it, but yeah, definitely something very odd like you pointed out.

His pose looks ridiculous, why does it look like he is throwing wild haymakers while running ?

This is what the pose should have looked like if he is chasing down some bad guy -

Instead we get Daredevil clumsily tripping over a broken justice statue while holding 2 small Red Crayons/chopsticks in his hand.

10 years with the Marvel License and this is the best PF Sideshow can do for one of Marvels biggest names, its embarrassing.

I hate Dwain Chambers! I hate all cheats.

Agreed though Sanchez. I'm happy to sit this one out until it releases. No Ex can be very advantageous.

:lol Touché.

He doesn't look unbalanced to me...because...Daredevil is never unbalanced :lol

Nah, I just don't see the big complaint about the pose...looks fine to me (even though I would have done different, but I can say that about almost all pieces).

Sorry m8, but if you really tried to run lik this you would be lucky if you didn't end up on your face. His arms are basically in a big circular arc and he has all of his wait out front with BOTH feet way way to the back.... All I gotta say is TIMBER!!!!!!!

true, good observation... there is definitely something very off about this, I still dig it, but yeah, definitely something very odd like you pointed out.

I know that SSC is gong for different, but I could sketch 5-10 better posses for this in minutes, and I am an armature.

Everyone thinks he tripping or unbalanced. He is mid stride. :dunno

Shhh logic has no place here

Your logic does not resemble our Earth Logic. Bare minimum his right leg should be further forward to make this work as a pose. At least if he doesn't want to end on his face.

Sorry m8, but if you really tried to run lik this you would be lucky if you didn't end up on your face. His arms are basically in a big circular arc and he has all of his wait out front with BOTH feet way way to the back.... All I gotta say is TIMBER!!!!!!!

I know that SSC is gong for different, but I could sketch 5-10 better posses for this in minutes, and I am an armature.

Your logic does not resemble our Earth Logic. Bare minimum his right leg should be further forward to make this work as a pose. At least if he doesn't want to and on his face.

Incorrect sir, when running the leg goes through a full range of motion. It starts when the foot is still on the ground and ends when the thigh is level with the waist. Logically, if Daredevil is in mid-run his leg could be in any place between the full range of motion. You're opinion is that the leg is not in the most dynamic position according to the pose he's in, I'd agree, it isn't the most dynamic position, however it does not mean he's going to land on his face because he simply hasn't finished the full motion.

People don't lean that far forward while running unless coming out of the blocks and the addition of objects directly infront of him just add the the falling/tripping perception.

Incorrect sir, when running the leg goes through a full range of motion. It starts when the foot is still on the ground and ends when the thigh is level with the waist. Logically, if Daredevil is in mid-run his leg could be in any place between the full range of motion. You're opinion is that the leg is not in the most dynamic position according to the pose he's in, I'd agree, it isn't the most dynamic position, however it does not mean he's going to land on his face because he simply hasn't finished the full motion.

The problem with that is, he is not on a flat plane. He is stepping up and heading straight for an object. That's accentuating the falling look. He should be more upright if he is about to spring over lady justice.

I'm not trying to diss this statue, I will probably still pick it up but there is no denying it looks like he is about to fall over the objects directly infront of his feet.

daredevil-008.jpg

People don't lean that far forward while running unless coming out of the blocks and the addition of objects directly infront of him just add the the falling/tripping perception.

Or at the start of a run from a dead stop. I think the issue that people are having with the statue is that there's no real context for what's happening. And because of that they're not able to place the movement.

The problem with that is, he is not on a flat plane. He is stepping up and heading straight for an object. That's accentuating the falling look. He should be more upright if he is about to spring over lady justice.

Look, I'm not saying that people are wrong to dislike the pose, but what I am saying is there are real world applications for the pose. Such has, ever hike up a steep incline?

Everyone is assuming that he's going to complete bi-pass the entire statue with his next step, he could be leaning that far forward to bring his foot to the top of the statue and leap from there.

There's a hundred and one different instances you could use, but some will be uncomfortable with a statue that doesn't give an exact clear measure of what is happening.

Look, I'm not saying that people are wrong to dislike the pose, but what I am saying is there are real world applications for the pose. Such has, ever hike up a steep incline?

Everyone is assuming that he's going to complete bi-pass the entire statue with his next step, he could be leaning that far forward to bring his foot to the top of the statue and leap from there.

There's a hundred and one different instances you could use, but some will be uncomfortable with a statue that doesn't give an exact clear measure of what is happening.

Dude, stop wasting your time trying to convince people about the real world applications of this piece. Haters gonna hate. And a lot of the people complaining about it will still end up buying it in the end.

Agree on all points.

Dude, stop wasting your time trying to convince people about the real world applications of this piece. Haters gonna hate. And a lot of the people complaining about it will still end up buying it in the end.

:exactly:

IMHO it just looks off m8. I feel either the legs or the torso should have been tweaked. They just don't work this way dynamically IMO.

Yep.

Agreed.

Or at the start of a run from a dead stop. I think the issue that people are having with the statue is that there's no real context for what's happening. And because of that they're not able to place the movement.

I will let it rest m8, but I thnk that SSC had a misstep with this one. It is a shame though because there are a dozen different posses they could have used that would have been SO much better.

Discussing the implications of a strange choice of pose isn't 'hating'.
You're happy with how it turned out, good for you. Hope you enjoy it.

Anyone who has stated that they do infact hate it is also entitled to their opinion.

Back