Marvel Daredevil Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's like some expected some outrageous pose that defied the laws of gravity or something. It's SSC. They are known for less than exciting poses on most of their statues. I'm just glad this is actually an action pose and not a standing pose. The standing pose works well with The Punisher and a few others, but a more dynamic pose is always better in my opinion.

It's like some expected some outrageous pose that defied the laws of gravity or something. It's SSC. They are known for less than exciting poses on most of their statues. I'm just glad this is actually an action pose and not a standing pose. The standing pose works well with The Punisher and a few others, but a more dynamic pose is always better in my opinion.
So true, do we want fiberglass or cold cast you decide.

Re: Daredevil Premium format!

Hi Nabil, pretty certain that the Vader and Fett PF's are listed as coming soon bro. I doubt very much that Sideshow would put that much of a strain on our wallets in one go! :horror :horror

Hey Buddy

:) Phew Thank god :) With PCS also releasing Robo next monday and I think Ryu soon after that it's becoming crazy . My wallet needs to time to breathe :D

I keep looking at the pics of this one. I think it's one of the nicest PFs from a sculpting POV that I've seen in a long time. More aesthetically pleasing than, say, the new Hulk, or Batman, etc. Putting aside all the critiques of the pose, this is a beautiful sculpt. And the detailing of the texture on the costume is also great.

I do not disagree. the sculpt and attention to detail is outstanding. But, the pose is equally, if not more important.

I'm surprised how ppl have reacted to the full reveal. I'm not a fan of DD and I think he looks pretty good so I though fans would have been very happy with the new Pf.
Apparently not

You must not have followed the GL thread. When in hand pics came in, it sold out fast and people all whined "I wish I got an ex". It is a fantastic GL statue. It is among my favorites in my collection.

You just reworded my assertion that the EX made it more desirable on release. The fact it's one if your favorites biases you though on how well you think it was received 'by the masses', just like a huge DD fan will have a hard time saying anything negative about this one.

I don't hate this DD by the way, I just think it's awkward, and much less than they could/should have delivered.

You just reworded my assertion that the EX made it more desirable on release. The fact it's one if your favorites biases you though on how well you think it was received 'by the masses', just like a huge DD fan will have a hard time saying anything negative about this one.

I don't hate this DD by the way, I just think it's awkward, and much less than they could/should have delivered.

Eh what? The statue became one of my favorites after I received it. Sorry dude but it is very well received. Everyone who got one has been happy with it. I know you have a hateon for it, you post it a lot but I doubt you've ever seen it in person.

Eh what? The statue became one of my favorites after I received it. Sorry dude but it is very well received. Everyone who got one has been happy with it. I know you have a hateon for it, you post it a lot but I doubt you've ever seen it in person.

Your wrong on both counts. But whatever helps you feel better about it. Happy you like it.

DD may be a slow burn, the lack of an EX isn't going to push anyone to order all that fast. Not sure the two are comparable.

Your wrong on both counts. But whatever helps you feel better about it. Happy you like it.

DD may be a slow burn, the lack of an EX isn't going to push anyone to order all that fast. Not sure the two are comparable.

Like a lot of things lately (everything) once in hand people change their minds. I think this is due largely to current pricing.
Lack of an ex, crappy ex...kinda trivial when a good sculpt is produced.

But whatever helps you feel better about it.

You say this BS in every GL thread as if owners needed to talk themselves into liking it. You are wrong. And no I still don't believe you've seen it in person. The GL thread proves how happy people are with that statue.

You say this BS in every GL thread as if owners needed to talk themselves into liking it. You are wrong. And no I still don't believe you've seen it in person. The GL thread proves how happy people are with that statue.

Believe what you want. I don't go in the GL thread or look for reasons to post about it, so please stop derailing this thread. The two are not comparable.

so please stop derailing this thread.

If the thread is being derailed, it is because you are arguing with me. It takes two.

And yes the situation may yet be very comparable, as has occured over and over again. Initial reveal is loathed and in hand the tune changes. That is the point of this discussion.

I keep looking at the pics of this one. I think it's one of the nicest PFs from a sculpting POV that I've seen in a long time. More aesthetically pleasing than, say, the new Hulk, or Batman, etc. Putting aside all the critiques of the pose, this is a beautiful sculpt. And the detailing of the texture on the costume is also great.

Karamazov knows he's talking about :clap :duff

sbscbm.gif

If the thread is being derailed, it is because you are arguing with me. It takes two.

And yes the situation may yet be very comparable, as has occured over and over again. Initial reveal is loathed and in hand the tune changes. That is the point of this discussion.

Once again, it was the EX that changed 'some' peoples minds in the comparison you gave. That's what caused a bit of a scramble. How does that in anyway apply here to a statue with no EX option?

Anytime people that have spent money on something get it in hand, their opinion tends to soften. You rarely hear a critical review for anything, and any complaints tend to be QC/Defect related. I know I spend lots of money on things I think I won't like, bet a lot of people do the same...(sarcasm).

ETA: The only reason I am commenting is I haven't made my mind up on this one. The back and forth/opinions are giving me things to consider, both good and bad. Some things strike a chord right away when I see them, others, like this one, are harder to put my finger on.

Ah! So much for hoping that his base would be a spire. :(

300169_press05-400x600.jpg

I always imagine DD being on top of a building, taking leaps, acrobats, rather than 'run' (what he seems to be doing here). And, as someone else said, its more a Flash kinda stance.

So I took a dekko at the statues / figures done previously. Seems like my favourite pose(s) were already done.

Really like the SS comiquette, Art Asylum, and Hard Hero ones.

200122_press11-001_zpsd3c01e44.jpg

900323_press01-001_zpsba453d9e.jpg

kotobukiya-daredevil-statue-1_zpsb5979c73.jpg

2519965-daredevil___hard_hero_fs_color_med_zps60c676bb.jpg

d815c7f0_zpscd15ef9c.jpg

0704_dst_dd_zps51e914e6.jpg

And... :monkey3 :dunno

dmc10057_zpse222bf6f.jpg

Now, I wish the comiquette was the PF. But I think once I see this one in person, my opinion might change. Plus, when will we see another DD PF after this one? So I guess I will give him a go.

Ah! So much for hoping that his base would be a spire. :(

300169_press05-400x600.jpg

I always imagine DD being on top of a building, taking leaps, acrobats, rather than 'run' (what he seems to be doing here). And, as someone else said, its more a Flash kinda stance.

So I took a dekko at the statues / figures done previously. Seems like my favourite pose(s) were already done.

Really like the SS comiquette, Art Asylum, and Hard Hero ones.

200122_press11-001_zpsd3c01e44.jpg

900323_press01-001_zpsba453d9e.jpg

kotobukiya-daredevil-statue-1_zpsb5979c73.jpg

2519965-daredevil___hard_hero_fs_color_med_zps60c676bb.jpg

d815c7f0_zpscd15ef9c.jpg

0704_dst_dd_zps51e914e6.jpg

And... :monkey3 :dunno

dmc10057_zpse222bf6f.jpg

Now, I wish the comiquette was the PF. But I think once I see this one in person, my opinion might change. Plus, when will we see another DD PF after this one? So I guess I will give him a go.

I always got a laugh out of the last one. His face makes it seem like he's relieving himself on the tombstone :lol

Back