1/6 Marvel Comics - 1/6th scale Iron Man Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) [The Origin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I applaud Hot Toys for being a little adventurous and I think they were trying something a little different and it looks interesting but it just doesn't work...especially since they're not all removeable.

Like some have said, they'll re-release this without the plastic. It'd be solid without it

I am all for the idea of comic book based figures, but this is an odd way to start. The clear shell thing is just so bizarre.

Oh boy! I can't wait to see War Machine also ruined by clear plastic wrap. :cuckoo: This line is so infuriating. What a waste.

XEfdnVd.png

I can't find the actual scipt beyond recent interviews where Cruise says that the project never went that far. But from I remember, the proposed script was more of a 2000s action movie. Famke Jensen played Bethany Cabe and I think Jaime Foxx was Rhodes. Tony went up against his dad who was funding wars all over and planning to take over the US Government, while wearing the War Machine armour. And there was also a 90s script pitch with Nicholas Cage, which was much more Sci-Fi and was about an older Tony going up against MODOK & AIM. Another fun bit is that Clooney was locked in to play Nick Fury in the Cruise pitch, but they gave him some Ennis comics and he noped the **** out. He probably read the one where Fury strangles a guy with his own intestines.

What could've been, huh?

It would've been a helmet, just a "clear" one. Basically the RDJ scenes from the inside of it, but all the time. Like Luthor's force-field or something. I can't say I would've loved it.

EDIT: PopCultcha finally responded. After I @ them on Twitter. And they responded pretty quickly. So I guess if you want to talk to their Customer Service, just hit them up on Twitter. Which is still pretty dumb, considering not everyone has an account (I only created a new one after deactivating mine years ago, just for these instances). Anyway, just an FYI in case anyone had such problems, and there was already that discussion.

Oh wow, that's pretty neat hearing about all these Iron Man films that could have been...glad that none of them actually happened though!

Also, glad to hear PopCultcha finally responded to you. Hope they get your issue resolved!

Oh wow, that's pretty neat hearing about all these Iron Man films that could have been...glad that none of them actually happened though!

Also, glad to hear PopCultcha finally responded to you. Hope they get your issue resolved!

I don't know, I would've liked to have seen them, especially the Cage one. It would've been a 90s cult classic.

And yeah, it's honestly weird how quickly they responded once I hit them up on Twitter. Still, as long as I get my figure I don't mind waiting. I just wanted some updates here and there.

Oh boy! I can't wait to see War Machine also ruined by clear plastic wrap. :cuckoo: This line is so infuriating. What a waste.

XEfdnVd.png

I am not usually as vocal about my displeasure but this line is probably the biggest kick in the stomach for me. So disappointing, so infuriating!

I almost want to keep pushing until we get that beautiful amazing and jaw dropping mould for Iron Man and maybe War Machine (don?t know yet if it has the plastic) with actual faithful details. No plastic, no grey accent to the gold arms and thighs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this is based off of some super random art idea.
World where robots have taken over and the outer translucent skin reveals the machine within...........
.......MAN WTF!!!!???

And than you somehow tie that into a comic book release of Iron Man???

How the hell?!

I want what that artist guy is smoking and the individual that okayed this, I want what he/she is smoking too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see, the problem with this whole thing is that Hot Toys sells this as THE CLASSIC IRON MAN figure. Not some concept artist design edition, not under their artist collab line, they slap this onto their comic classic line. They don't even mention the artist in the description anywhere.

Why would you not just release a regular edition without the clear parts and then do some limited release with the artist collab clear parts?

Or....hear me out here with this crazy idea, just include swap out parts for all the clear bits.

This and War Machine just blows my mind on how dumb Hot Toys is.

Last edited:
The clear plastic looks cheap. It should be all removable. But I noticed the round collars for the shoulders are clear so Hot Toys needs to include optional red shoulder collars.

Love the pointy mask. I'd buy this if I knew for sure all the plastic parts are removable and that it still has red shoulder collars.

Pia Sylphid is responsible or collaborated on the toy design of some (or maybe all) of the diecast MCU Iron Man figures. I do agree though that this should have been an artist interpretation line rather than sell it as a comic version.

6b8f6a107d5f2051ee280229be1af147.jpg

6b8f6a107d5f2051ee280229be1af147.jpg

It is like 75-80 % there. There?s a lot about this that I love: for one that they are delving into the comic book Iron Man, the two different helmets, the form/structure of adapting the comic book proportions. I actually think they nailed the classic comic book Iron Man...but it?s the fine details that bring this down a notch. The clear plastic? Why? Will it yellow, is it brittle, will it lose some of the amazing aspects to the paint because it is shielded with plastic parts?
And the little grey parts on the gold upper arm and thighs. Too much, bit distracting and takes away from the amazing way they were able to add in defined musculature to an armoured body.

If the clear parts are over the top of an iron man body, then they have to have a seam where two halves join. (Think Stan Lee or Mysterio fishbowl helmets). It's physically impossible to produce as a seamless piece as an injection mould part which is the process HT use for all these. Look at the undercuts on that chest piece. Even if it could be remoulded from the tool, how would they fit it over the red body ???

Even if the red body torso pieces were somehow stickers or decals how would they apply those to the inside of a full clear piece ??

There has to be a seam which would mean it is removable (if also by force if it's been glued). You can see the seam lines.

The question then is will the body underneath look scrawny without the clear piece ? Probably won't look as anatomically correct as it looks with it. In other words we'll have a HT Iron Man Drax on our hands :lol

After seeing all the negative posts on the clear bits, I'm sure they'll make them all removable. Shouldn't be hard for them to do. Just don't use glue.

Whew lad, if you thought Midas was a scuff magnet just wait till this thing ships

Yup. Can't wait to see the deluge of returns SS will get when collectors send back their figures due to scratches or even cracks in the clear plastic overlay that Hot Toys made the baffling decision be unremovable.

I'll just skip it and wait for an Extremis armor.

To be honest, this is why this news really excites me. Hot Toys is getting into the armors from the comics. Extremis Armor. Black and Gold Armor. Bleeding Edge Armor. All of those armors now have a real shot at getting made by HT.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_Man_Armor

Look a that list and you can see that HT has a lot of choices for this new comics line of Iron Man diecast figures.

Back