1/6 Marvel Comics - 1/6th scale Iron Man Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) [The Origin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After further analysis, here's some theories and conclusions:

1. The crystal armor is intended to represent a force field effect.

2. I feel it IS removable. Note in the image especially in the center where you see areas depicted without these attached (see around the gauntlets and around the hip-discs). Furthermore, you would not be able to get to the battery compartment or switch were it not removeable. The compartment has to be unscrewed and hinge out like most HT Iron Man figs. I believe the flaps are so that you can more easily grasp the plastic and pull off.

3. Note the IM on the left and on the right. I believe they are trying to give a 2 in 1 IM possibilities with the Horned Mask preceding (?) the era of the smoother mask.

4. As Iron Man is probably their top seller, they are trying to find ways to keep producing this character since he was killed off in the MCU. I could see other Comic versions of this down the road.

Attachments

• IM_Capture.JPG
    IM_Capture.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 176
After further analysis, here's some theories and conclusions:

1. The crystal armor is intended to represent a force field effect.

2. I feel it IS removable. Note in the image especially in the center where you see areas depicted without these attached (see around the gauntlets and around the hip-discs). Furthermore, you would not be able to get to the battery compartment or switch were it not removeable. The compartment has to be unscrewed and hinge out like most HT Iron Man figs. I believe the flaps are so that you can more easily grasp the plastic and pull off.

3. Note the IM on the left and on the right. I believe they are trying to give a 2 in 1 IM possibilities with the Horned Mask preceding (?) the era of the smoother mask.

4. As Iron Man is probably their top seller, they are trying to find ways to keep producing this character since he was killed off in the MCU. I could see other Comic versions of this down the road.
It's not all removeable, which is the problem. I'm fine with them doing clear pieces. Heck, put all the clear pieces you want but the fact that they didn't allow all the clear pieces to be replaced with painted parts is the stupid part.

This is as far as you can go with the removable bits:
Shoulder, back, abs, undies and the foot are stuck being the clear.

170725973_10225462337244004_7147929910730325079_n.jpg

When in fact we should be getting this (but we're not):

170647130_10158943588399663_2821046230449964614_n.jpg

The clear pieces are also gonna most likely yellow over time. It's just all around a dumb decision to not let us replace them all with proper red painted bits.

Was expecting something like this XM Iron Man statue when I saw the announcement. Instead, we get Hot Toys own interpretation and unfortunately, a lot of the stuff they design themselves has been pretty questionable. Beyond the translucent parts, the extra grey pieces and the knee joint in particular are bothering me.

ec0e929866e29c949abeab8812d390d0.jpg

Shoulder, back, abs, undies and the foot are stuck being the clear.

I know I'm going out on a limb, but I think even those pieces are removeable.

Note the feet in your image: Those have to snap or fit like a Lego in place. How else could HT attach it (i.e. what has been placed can be removed)? As a kitbasher, I think of this all the time when removing pieces. The seams also lend creedence to this. And it would have to be held permanently by glue because it is impractical to glue plastic pieces such as this to a metal diecast body. 2 different materials such as these are not really "glue buddies".

Lol! They're still using the same internal shoulder/armpit mechanical cog-looking design. Lazy.

Lol! They're still using the same internal shoulder/armpit mechanical cog-looking design. Lazy.

That part is definitely a BAD move. Makes it look like it's a robot instead of a man beneath the armor. That may be the biggest flaw at all that no one else really pointed out!

I like the deluxe base/accessories. It's a pass for me but I may try to pick up those parts once it is parted out.

I know I'm going out on a limb, but I think even those pieces are removeable.

Note the feet in your image: Those have to snap or fit like a Lego in place. How else could HT attach it (i.e. what has been placed can be removed)? As a kitbasher, I think of this all the time when removing pieces. The seams also lend creedence to this. And it would have to be held permanently by glue because it is impractical to glue plastic pieces such as this to a metal diecast body. 2 different materials such as these are not really "glue buddies".

Maybe the clear layer for the feet, torso and undies can be taken off with no consequence. But the neck collar and shoulder rings will definitely be missing pieces if there is no solid red substitute.

I got excited when I first seen this, then I noticed only SOME of the clear plastic parts are removable... How does that make sense? It looks incredibly stupid with only parts of it covered in clear plastic... It's gotta be one of the biggest bone-head moves by HT yet.

Also noticed this is CMS07... meaning the other avengers are likely already planned. I hope they don't all have this shiny effect BS.

I hope someone or some third party offers painted replacement parts for the sections that are stuck as clear. I'm sure people are gonna be painting those so I hope someone offers them. It just blows my mind that they didn't even think to give us the option to replace all the clear parts to begin with. I don't know what goes on in their heads.

Also noticed this is CMS07... meaning the other avengers are likely already planned. I hope they don't all have this shiny effect BS.

I hope so. I want the other Avengers. Seems like CMS01-CMS07 are a mix of different Lines like City Hunter and Storm Riders, so CMS will cover anything from comic/manga books.

That's funny, that is exactly what I thought when I first saw it... but then people started saying it was something else, so as usual I just assumed I don't know my comic books.

I don't think it's supposed to be a force field effect. Otherwise why is it only on certain seemingly random spots? Just the neck collar, not the chest, yes the shoulder rings, not the arms, yes the gauntlets, not the hands, etc...

For those waiting for a "clean version", I doubt it. The next one they'll churn out as a Toy Fair Exclusive or whatever will be the Stealth version, so basically a repaint of this one, clear bits included. So our best bet is to hope that they're all removable. In a weird way, this is giving me a sort of "fake nostalgia". Back in the day there were talks about a 2000s Iron Man movie starring Tom Cruise. Cruise wanted a holographic faceplate so that his face would be shown. So, in a way, I'm looking at this and "seeing" a "what if" case. It does have its charm, whereas the Holographic Mk IV is just cheap and lazy.

That's interesting...I've never heard that before, is that true?

That's interesting...I've never heard that before, is that true?

It wouldn't be surprising if true. Cruise always wants his face shown as much as possible. As a more recent example, he had them recut the Mummy remake b/c he didn't have enough screen time in the original cut. He doesn't even like other actors running on screen with him.

Back