1/6 Marvel Comics - 1/6th scale Iron Man Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) [The Origin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you cross your eyes slightly while looking at it, it gives that effect of highlights and ink shadowing used on comic book art. :p

Another thing to keep in mind is that the clear plastic is probably gonna turn yellow over time. I just don't get their decision to not make all of the pieces removeable.

170245731_10225462132558887_4186695443325776809_n.jpg

View attachment 510349

Did a fairly quick mock up....I think I'll wait for this one.
This is sad to see. :monkey2

Last edited:
Totally with you about Popcultcha. I?ve got a ton of pennies with them still and I am not ordering from them again. I?ve found other places with better, quicker customer service, cheaper prices and much faster delivery.
That was my first order with them and it looks as if it's going to be the last. I've never encountered such poor Customer Service, and with so many other options available, there's no reason to bother again.

Regarding Popcultcha, I ordered from them once and they sent me the wrong figure. The figure they sent me was easily worth $100+ more than the one I ordered (and I already had that particular figure), but yeah, it sent me the signal that I should not order from them again. In terms of Australian retailers, I do like Sugo toys though
Well, shoot, now I'm getting worried about receiving a faulty figure... Eh, whatever happens, happens. I just want them to send me the damn invoice so that I can pay it off and be done with it. I'm not in Australia, so no matter from where I order the price is more or less the same. The tax is insane. I bought an HT Jack Sparrow from ToysWonderland last Black Friday. With shipping it came to about 550 Euros. Then I paid 170 euros on customs! So no matter where I buy the actual fig from, I pay tons of taxes in the end. There are some local stores, but they charge a lot. Endgame Iron Man is 550 euros. But I pay no shipping, although I'm not sure on taxes, although I'm pretty sure they're nothing. From PC, it's 430 Euros, plus 50 in shipping and I assume another 150 on taxes, so it comes out pricier, now that I think of it. Shame I discovered these local shops only recently. I might even cancel my PC order and go buy it from here, just because I'm pissed. Anyway, I'm not going to be ordering from PC again.

As for the figure itself, it is growing on me. Mostly because I never loved the original armour, so the new take doesn't bother me as much. But I do think that if they wanted to add the clear pieces, they should've made them removable for the people who wants the clean look. As for the blacks bits & pieces, I don't mind them because they make him look more robotic, whereas the original armour, with its "super-duper nanomachines, son" tech look made him look like another guy in tights. The comic accurate suits I want are Modular, Extremis, NOW!, EndoSym/Superior, and Bleeding Edge. The only reason I bought the Endgame version was to get the one closest to the Modular. I doubt they'll make them all, or that I'd be able to afford them, but Iron Man is their cash cow, so we'll see.

For those waiting for a "clean version", I doubt it. The next one they'll churn out as a Toy Fair Exclusive or whatever will be the Stealth version, so basically a repaint of this one, clear bits included. So our best bet is to hope that they're all removable. In a weird way, this is giving me a sort of "fake nostalgia". Back in the day there were talks about a 2000s Iron Man movie starring Tom Cruise. Cruise wanted a holographic faceplate so that his face would be shown. So, in a way, I'm looking at this and "seeing" a "what if" case. It does have its charm, whereas the Holographic Mk IV is just cheap and lazy.

I'll wait and see, especially if the clear bits are removable, but I am intrigued. The base especially is tempting. And the clear look isn't that bad to me, it makes him look like some videogame model come to life, but they should be removable for the people who want a clean look. I wish they'd make a Tony figure though. Just the guy in his tux or suit with some gadgets, an office base with hi-tech holographic computers and the such.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the clear plastic is probably gonna turn yellow over time. I just don't get their decision to not make all of the pieces removeable.

170245731_10225462132558887_4186695443325776809_n.jpg

This is sad to see. :monkey2

I've seen some of the pics on Hot Toys' site that looks like the clear plastic is covering crucial areas (like covering up a switch) so surely it's removeable. Without them confirming or clarifying this, I won't even take the risk. Will hold to a later time to see if I buy in or not.

A few people have wondered why only some parts can be swapped: it's because the remaining parts need to articulate. There's no good way to swap all the translucent pieces at the abdomen, for example.

After looking at this for a while, I think my main issue is that the hands don't have the translucent effect. I understand why: the fingers need to articulate. But if they had but a translucent panel on the back of the glove, I think that would make the whole piece look more consistent. As it is, the hands stand out.

No crystal effect at all would be great also, but if the crystal effect was on ALL the red parts it would still look good.

As it stands, I'm very torn. I love the horned head, I love the diorama, I think there's awesome potential to get a custom 1/6 comic style Tony head to drop on this thing... But the "partially crystal, partially not" thing just doesn't look right.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I've seen some of the pics on Hot Toys' site that looks like the clear plastic is covering crucial areas (like covering up a switch) so surely it's removeable. Without them confirming or clarifying this, I won't even take the risk. Will hold to a later time to see if I buy in or not.
I don't think so. I think the only parts that are removable are the swap out parts (chest, gauntlets, helmet, boots, hip discs). The rest isn't because those are all articulating areas of the figure; there are various articulated panels (flight flaps, ab crunch, feet flaps) that are just translucent plastic.

Also, if you took the clear plastic off the shoulder rims, there'd be nothing left there. In order to remove the plastic there would need to be a swap out part to take its place, and that's not the case.

I wonder if this Pia Sylphid is responsible for the better or worse (or both) design choices for the recent Iron Man HT releases.
If they had gotten it closer to this, I would have been fine with it. Crucially, the crystal detailing here includes the hands.

I always ask myself if they would make a classic Iron Man like this but I don?t understand the clear outside . Makes me wonder if they will re release this in the look we all want .

I think I see the part on his back (sideshow photos on slide 15) where it looks like the battery and switch goes. However, I don't think that entire plastic piece comes off. If you look closely you can see a section of the back that is sectioned off/removable so that you can add the batteries. Doesn't look like its the entire thing.

I think I see the part on his back (sideshow photos on slide 15) where it looks like the battery and switch goes. However, I don't think that entire plastic piece comes off. If you look closely you can see a section of the back that is sectioned off/removable so that you can add the batteries. Doesn't look like its the entire thing.

Correct. There's flap on the back that open up so you can reach the battery and switch. The back/shoulder, abs, undies and foot is all part of the figure.

There are people on FB saying to just dremel it off. People really like defending Hot Toys when it comes to a $400 figure. :rotfl

If Hot Toys is finally delving into comics renditions of Iron Man, then I hope that means we will eventually get Hot Toys' take on the Extremis Armor, Bleeding Edge Armor, The Black and Gold Armor, hell, maybe even the recent Dr. Doom Iron Man inspired armor with the cape and everything.

The possibilities are far and wide. By going into the comics, HT has plenty of Iron Man Armors to choose from to make.

I think this looks very cool. I have no idea what the clear parts are for. My first thought was it's some kind of holographic effect, but maybe it is to evoke cell shading. Provided they're all removable it doesn't matter. To me it looks like classic comic Iron Man interpreted into real life. Really great news if HT is actually producing a lines of 1/6 Marvel (and DC) comic figures. I'm sure that would scare the bejeebers out of Sideshow. However, I doubt they are going that route. While this would get them around the likenesses hurdle, they are already loaded up with MCU, DCEU and Star Wars (not to mention their other neglected licenses). My guess is Iron Man and possibly War Machine will be the extent of it.

Edit: I didn't realize this was just a mockup. Hopefully this look can be achieved.

View attachment 510349

Did a fairly quick mock up....I think I'll wait for this one.

Last edited:
Agreed with everyone else, the clear plastic coverings are odd. Can only imagine that is for a unique lighting look, maybe better from afar and or with harsh or angled lighting. This is probably the Spiderman VG approach, you know everyone wants the classic look, so milk the variants with exclusive accessories then at the last of the variants, give em what they have been waiting for in the classic look.

Oh man, HT doing comic figures...my wallet is terrified. Only issue I have with comic figures is the faces. No one has seemed, even HT with the Punisher WM, to nail a comic sculpt. Easy with no face characters or partial face plates like Iron Man and Daredevil. I am concerned if they do a new Punisher, but just copy Jim Lee and your good. Hope they can do Batman comics too, easy face plate and plenty of variants.

19023712_1541595312579860_3280959817576346582_o.jpg

Back