Mars Toys 1/6 Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompa set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully we'll see these this year, I don't think we'd see anyone else tackle this loved movie in mass production, think it would of sold more if they'd added an extra Ompa portrait.

Has anyone heard anything regarding this figure? I know most companies exaggerate their release dates and rarely release a figure when they say they will. Just looking for any info. Should I email the retailer I purchased from to see if they've heard anything?

I think end of the year for this/start of 2025 talking to Kit he said it sold lower than expected. I do think had a extra set of Ompa portraits been added that would of perked up sales.

It's alot to still produce especially having the Ompa body To manufacture.

Has anyone heard anything regarding this figure? I know most companies exaggerate their release dates and rarely release a figure when they say they will. Just looking for any info. Should I email the retailer I purchased from to see if they've heard anything?
This is Mars Toys so take their projected release date with an entire bathtub of salt.

I think end of the year for this/start of 2025 talking to Kit he said it sold lower than expected. I do think had a extra set of Ompa portraits been added that would of perked up sales.

It's alot to still produce especially having the Ompa body To manufacture.
Sorry to hear it didn’t sell as expected. It’s one of my most anticipated figures.

I thought it was a highly wanted figure. Interesting to see when it finally drops how sought after it will be.

I am now very skeptical about the release of Mars Toys collectible figures. Some people have been waiting for one or two collector's figures from Mars Toys for a few years. 🤔

This is Mars Toys so take their projected release date with an entire bathtub of salt.
After they had some initial significant success, it seems like they got way too optimistic with all the announcements. It will take years before they can get through the backlog of stuff they have already announced. Hopefully they can actually produce all of this, and keep it at a high quality when they do. Their Romero Joker exceeded my expectations.

It seems they have bit off way more than they can chew. They've done some great stuff, but it will eventually catch up with them at this rate. Unfortunately it feels like if things don't change, they will ultimately close up shop.

Maybe if they do go under, Jazzinc would reconsider looking at doing the 66' Batman line again. He said in a live stream a few months back that because of how successful another company had been recently with that line, there was no market for him that would be profitable at the moment.

They set a precedent with Romero. An expectant quality and delay. Sadly, the only thing they've gotten better at is the extended delay. That's got me worried. Especially with the **** that went on with BCS. They keep announcing items I want, but no product to show for it. It's really hard to get excited about something they've announced when it's just another thing to add to a long list of announcements. I expect announcements rather products from Mars. I'm not pre-ordering anything from them until they get their **** together. I want those BTTF figures, but I can't with good conscience give them anymore of my money. I'm funding something, but what?

So Mars had issues with the factory he was using a few years ago, with the help of Kit he's now using a better factory.

Kit also advised Mars to stop reissuing figures and focus on what's to be produced. Hence why the 2 have great energy as They're kinda a team.

With the newer factory things seem to be getting better so hopefully production will speed up a bit.

So Mars had issues with the factory he was using a few years ago, with the help of Kit he's now using a better factory.

Kit also advised Mars to stop reissuing figures and focus on what's to be produced. Hence why the 2 have great energy as They're kinda a team.

With the newer factory things seem to be getting better so hopefully production will speed up a bit.
That's great to hear. Knowing that Kit is involved, brings much more comfort to the situation.

I thought it was a highly wanted figure. Interesting to see when it finally drops how sought after it will be.
I think two main issues are at play. One, I think the sculpt could have been better. It’s not a Romero Joker in the likeness department. Decent, but could have been better. Two, not having an option to get just Wonka. I imagine a few people at least didn’t want an Oompa Loompa. The separate Loompa would have sold better too if an alternate sculpt was available on that. I personally didn’t have need for Loompa clones but would have bought the single release with a different head.

We did have Alfred, Bruce, and Joker hit all at once not too long ago so it’s possible that we might get another batch of figures hitting at once like both Riddlers (technically 3 figures I suppose). If it’s like a year between the Burton bunch and the next release then that will be more concerning. Soosoo has also been struggling to turn out figures so it seems to be more across the industry rather than certain companies. Maybe HT is throwing their weight around and buying up a majority of the factory time so the third party companies can’t get production going?

Back