Mars Toys 1/6 Riddler (Frank Gorshin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That seems like a really random thing to add -- a watch that is supposed to be hidden?

We could have gotten a larger pie.

The watch is hardly ever visible, but does make an appearance in this scene in S01E02 when he has his gloves off:

vlcsnap-2023-07-09-20h30m41s391.jpg

vlcsnap-2023-07-09-20h32m49s720.jpg

I think that was the only scene in the series that he wore a watch with his catsuit, as you can't see the shape of it under the sleeve at any time.

When he has his jacket off you can make out the shape of the dial under the black shirt cuff.

It's also just visible while wearing his elephant gas mask suit.

Couldn't see it at all in movie.

I sort of wish the domino mask was part of one of the sculpts instead of a separate piece. I worry about the elastic strap snapping and then I no longer have that option.

I sort of wish the domino mask was part of one of the sculpts instead of a separate piece. I worry about the elastic strap snapping and then I no longer have that option.
The strap used here at the back looks to be standard 3mm fabric elastic, so I wouldn’t worry too much as long as your careful when putting it on the figure. I’ve worked with this type of elastic a lot and haven’t had any seams bust. It pretty robust in my experience

This is a great yardstick for how deep Mars are planning to go. I mean, compared to this Riddler release Joker looks almost 'bare bones'! Something I'd never thought of remotely considering 6 months ago. Interesting they've decided to move from the multiple figure releases to one huge deluxe pack. I think the success of the Dynamic Duo has influenced that decision.

And if they start doing extras packs, or at least packing in some episode specific Bat-accessories. Which makes me think a John Astin head will come out eventually, which I'm very surprised we're not getting with this one based on how exhaustive it is on the fanservice. Then again they may be planning more accessorie packs for later series episodes, as it seems they're really focusing on the movie and 1st appearances right now.

Certainly gives me much excitement for the eventual Catwoman release, multiple bodies and likenesses in one pack?

The standard has been set with the Riddler.

I'll definitely be looking at aging the sculpts a bit with some paint if they come out the same as the promo shots, I believe the likeness is there, but the skin needs much more age to it, which is thankfully much easier than making someone look younger.

Beyond Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman and Freeze love to see some obscure characters such as

Attachments

• IMG_0133.jpeg
    IMG_0133.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0132.jpeg
    IMG_0132.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0131.jpeg
    IMG_0131.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0129.jpeg
    IMG_0129.jpeg
    648.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0128.jpeg
    IMG_0128.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0
I think Egghead is most likely being Vincent Price and all. Mad Hatter has the name recognition, Tut to a lesser extent. The rest have next to zero chance I’d say. Freeze is most like after the main 4 and then likely only Egghead after that.

I'd have to agree. Egghead has the most unique look and would contrast with the array of villains thus far.

I loved Mad Hatter as a kid, but his outfit looks like he's going to the Kentucky Derby or an old-school wedding. Just a boring grey suit.

I doubt I would even consider any of the others -- a cowboy, that goofy Tut? I wouldn't want to dilute the shelf.

I think Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman, and Freeze are well enough for a very colorful and excellent Bat-Villain shelf.

I have a lot of memories of King Tut and Egghead from my childhood, so I’m holding out hope for those, but I’ll pick up whatever they release. I think they’d have more luck with a Shatner Two-Face than some of those other characters, though.

It sort of exists… kind of… but I agree it’s a stretch. Two-Face just always seemed like he’s missing from that group of villains to me.

Two-Face, although created many years earlier, wasn't even a presence in the comics in the 60's. He was barely a blip in the 70's and 80's until Frank Miller utilized him in 1986.

You want a cartoon character from an animated movie.

I'm REALLLLY hopeful for a King Tut as Victor Buono needs more recognition and I'd love some representation of him in my collections. And the campness of his performance is beyond every other villain by far. But it's purely hope; and a Bookworm would be nice for the Roddy McDowall appreciation for something in my toy collection beyond Cornelius. Both of them have had some love in the 3 3/4 scale in the modern age, so you never know your luck.

I think the real trick for Mars is going to be their release order cause they're walking a tightrope of giving people 'enough' to be done or encouraging them to go deeper with second tier characters who people will choose to go in on given the promise of 'completing' the line up.

It's just like those Eaglemoss weekly things, you need to be able to keep enough interest in the line for people to keep going without delivering all the mainline in one go. I mean, a quality Bruce and Dick two pack would be something too. It's just how interesting they can keep the preorder line up in the best order for sustainability. Or maybe they want to get in an out inside of a year to avoid the WB getting into litigation.

I wish them the best of luck, that's for sure.

McFarlane’s 66 figures are likely what we could expect to see. The main 4 did well, Freeze too. Egghead and Tut aren’t moving at Target and neither is Shatner Two-face, really. So while it’s possible those 3 could get made, I don’t think they’d be big sellers. Throw in a ‘normal’ Vincent Price head and that would likely boost sales if its Romero Joker good.

Back