Mars Toys 1/6 Riddler (Frank Gorshin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ok with the snearing sculpt with either mask down or up on his forehead. Again, I think this will be decent and a good enough representation to continue completion of the main four Rogues. While I like the suit and hat look, that leotard is the iconic look I remember from my childhood...and that'll be what represents him in my display.

As far as the sculpts go, I’m not sure I would ever use that smiling sculpt. Maybe it’s just me, but I just see a goofy thirteen year old boy. If they would just fix the eyes on the smirking sculpt, I’d swap the two bodies out with that head for the occasional different look. For me, this doesn’t really work as a two pack.

It’s unfortunate that they can’t seem to execute without some type of rather trivial issue completely destroying the usability of these guys. I have no idea what they’re planning on changing for this two pack, but I’ve got to get at least one usable sculpt out of it.

I like this sculpt for the most part. It’ll be one I’ll use the mask on but I just don’t understand the positioning of the eyes looking downward. Do they not understand that’s what it looks like? Mars did the same with one of their Joker sculpts although it’s not quite as noticeable as it is here.

EF503D25-5C3A-4266-A386-8F30BF5D2029.jpeg

7rtlv7.gif

Fair likeness... though that more squinty laugh he does with his tongue against his teeth would have sold it...
7rdo4s.gif
7rgz2l.gif

ef503d25-5c3a-4266-a386-8f30bf5d2029-jpeg.647938

I do love that they are including the bat-cuffs and classic riddle; cigarette-lighter gun.
7rh5wf.gif

Riddle: There were three men in a boat with four cigarettes and no matches. How did they manage to smoke?
Robin: They threw one cigarette overboard and made the boat a cigarette lighter.

Last edited:
I've never minded eyes not being centred. I permanently display my BvS Batman with his eyes looking to the left. Hopefully the eyes are moveable then everyone is happy.

Yes! Anxious to see what all is included and if it is indeed a two-pack. I'll likely be looking to part out one of the two, probably hanging onto the sneering sculpt and the leotard outfit...

Also hoping he includes his cane (even if Frank’s Riddler didn’t use it)
Did Astin introduce the questionmark cane? Wild, I guess I projected onto Gorshin too, agree it really has become an iconic part of the character, I do hope they include it.
7rtetc.gif
7rtg68.gif

7rtqyb.gif

Love the actor but he was poorly served by the role, he was never going to measure to Gorshin's well established Riddler. Wish they had used him for his own character. Maybe the more swashbuckling campy Cavalier.
7rtvhf.gif

Another fun accessory, could be the over elaborate blinky Riddle-Box which actually does nothing. :lol
7rtmj0.gif

7rtktl.gif

Last edited:
Looks great in that latest pic, really looking forward to this one.
I've always wanted a classic Riddler - he was easily the best villain of the series and could be actually intimidating (or at least as intimidating as this show could get), and The Riddler is my joint fave Batman villain overall.

Back