Marmit Alien B Pose Artist Proof

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why on earth would the sculptor be a secret? You stated many of you have been in contact with Marmit. Are they still in business? Do they refuse to disclose such information? Or is it simply a language barrier? Seems very strange, since so many collectors follow certain sculptors.

Hmmm...

Yes, they're still in business. But, the sculptor information is just something they chose not to share.

We were told in so many words that Marmit puts stuff out as a company............so there were no "star" sculptors.

Several unsucessful attempts were made via people here in the states, with direct Marmit connections, to call Marmit a few times trying to snag someone who spoke English.

Last edited:
So after a short attempt at selling this statue, I came to the ultimate decision that I could not part with it! Thanks again kaijuboy for understanding and giving me the day to think it over. It made all the difference!

:D

I had both versions of the Marmit Alien. One of the best made. Sold them for Hot Toys though. I like poseability and true 1/6 scale.
samesies. also you can't really customize statues and they take up room.
full disclosure - i intend to pose my ht figure like this.

Why on earth would the sculptor be a secret? You stated many of you have been in contact with Marmit. Are they still in business? Do they refuse to disclose such information? Or is it simply a language barrier? Seems very strange, since so many collectors follow certain sculptors.

Hmmm...

No secret....the sculptor of the Marmit Alien A & B is Moto Hata. Long time "Garage Kit" favorite...as well as SPFX artist stud.
There was an old issue of Hobby Japan that credited him.

T-Mex

Regarding the tail, you can take o-ring washers, pop them onto the plug of the til and the friction / pressure fit should help it stay in place

This is one of the best alien poses...so eerie...I've got this one as well...a regular edition...also in Japan they often write in English what is not native in Japanese...since many of the imported, or japanized, words are in English to begin with.

Most of the toys out of Japan have both English and Japanese writing on the boxes ...

I love both of mine...my favorite pose...I would love if they made a lifesize of this one

I love both of mine...my favorite pose...I would love if they made a lifesize of this one

I really like the first version there's something about it that's just a smidge better than the one I've got ( 2nd) the pose was tweaked a tad...

IMG_2521-2.jpg~original
Both versions are pretty cool, I have "25th Anniversary" version pictured above. The 99' original looks even nicer and more like Bolaji, totally different sculpt and a black/silver paintjob.

Last edited:
How much would be reasonable for a mint B pose 25th Anniv. Marmit Alien? How tall is the statue exactly?
They're still relatively cheap in Japan if you manage to find one locally. The one I saw last year was sold under 100 bucks, but it was a re-release version.

100 bucks! They 're selling for over 350usd on ebay. Is there a Japan specific auction site?

Yes, there is which called yahoo auction. Website is only in Japanese but u can find crazy cheap grails there.
Most of sellers don't do international shipping though. Things in local store are even cheaper.
I only use ebay to buy Neca.
For 300 bucks...this marmit one is small and the sculpt is kinda out of date.

Back