Marmit Alien B Pose Artist Proof

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furystorm

Super Freak
Reaction score
Marmit Alien B Pose Artist Proof 1/3

I'm posting some images of the Marmit Alien B Pose I recently made a deal on which is actually an Artist Proof, and appears to have been limited to only three AP's. I've been after the Marmit off and on since it's release in 2004, and like many other collectors, preferred the B pose which seems to have been inspired by the still photograph of the actor, Bolaji, resting between filming scenes. I had the opportunity to purchase the matching set of both A & B poses, but could not justify the extreme expenditure that would have entailed. In all honesty, I should not have bought this one, but could not pass up a once in a lifetime opportunity to own at lease one of these APs.

I've been unsuccessful in making the tail stay permanently fixed in place. It even seems that, when it is in place, one of the spines is missing. You can see this in the profile pics below. My only other concern with the piece is the rather flimsy carapice, or head covering. The thing does not seem to want to stay in place either, and since the Alien is bent forward, gravity does not help my situation. However, I do not want to permanently glue the dome in place, as I do not want to detract from the value of this unique piece.

Overall, I love this Alien, and view it as a work of art.

So here we go with the pictures:

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Menacing! And a bit out of focus too, but I like this shot from below:

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

:D

i dont think i could ever take it out of its box :lol how much did you pay for it ????

Very very nice!

My all time favorite Alien pre-paint. I love this statue.

Thanks for posting pics. I know a few people that have been anxious to see this AP, as we weren't aware any actually existed.

I am curious though...and I'm asking this question for a few people.

Since Marmit is a Japanese company...do you know why they put the AP info in English?

AP's are usually meant to be kept within the company or given to the sculptors/painters.
It's seems odd that they'd write in English.

how much did you pay for it ????

Not too much, $400 shipped from England to Las Vegas.

Very nice---there are some cool Alien things out there

There sure are! The new Queen diorama announcement caused me to go in search of both this piece and the Palisades Space Jockey, which just arrived today too!

Amazing haul dude!! Too bad about the broken piece but he looks awesome regardless!

I don't really think its broken. Just won't stay in place. Others with this Marmit have reported the same problem.

looks like he got kicked in the jimmy!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I am curious though...and I'm asking this question for a few people.

Since Marmit is a Japanese company...do you know why they put the AP info in English?

AP's are usually meant to be kept within the company or given to the sculptors/painters.
It's seems odd that they'd write in English.

I could never be sure that this is actually authentic, and just have to rely on the seller being forthright with the AP information. There is only the writing on the bottom of the base, which you can see in my post, and a sticker on the box, which is actaully not all in English. The seller stated that there were only three AP's of each pose, and that these were the only ones that left the factory, with the other two staying at the company headquarters. Here is a pic of that sticker:

watermark.php

So, it looks real enough for me to be happy about it. I love the statue, and have seen these go for the price I paid without being AP's, so that's good enough for me. I can only hope I was not taken to the cleaners, but overall, am very happy to have finally added a Marmit to my Alien collection. After all, there are only 200 of them anyway!

:D

Well, that label on the bottom of the box seems real enough.

Looks like you've got yourself a pretty damn rare piece there.

I just wonder:

Whose signature is on the bottom?
&
How did the pair make their way to England?

Well, alot of us Marmit Alien fans have been trying to find out who sculpted these for years now. If you find out who signed it, please let us know.

Why on earth would the sculptor be a secret? You stated many of you have been in contact with Marmit. Are they still in business? Do they refuse to disclose such information? Or is it simply a language barrier? Seems very strange, since so many collectors follow certain sculptors.

Hmmm...

Back