Mark7612's Custom work - Updated Pinhead Casting page 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark7612

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,

Someone had asked if I had any other sculpts I was working on. Taking their suggestion I've decided to post some pics.

First up is my current project, PINHEAD
Interest thread for pinhead: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96518

More pics will be posted as the sculpt nears completion

Pinhead07.jpg

Next is the Balrog from LOTR. The Balrog is one of my favorite movie monsters and I missed out on getting him from sideshow. So, I decided to make my own! This is a pretty large sculpt when you count the wings. I'll try to put a soda can or something to give a size reference.

Progress shots (there is a lot)

Wire frame:
balrog-wire.jpg

Roughing/Blocking out the shape:
balrog-blocked1.jpg

balrog-blocked2.jpg

"Mitten hands" stage:
balrog-blocked3.jpg

balrog-blocked4.jpg

No hands - still working the face:

balrog-blocked5.jpg

balrog02.jpg

balrog05.jpg

balrog07.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Mark7612's Sculpts -pic heavy and progress shots

I hated the face at this point so I ripped it off, melted it down and re-sculpted the face:

balrog20.jpg

balrog-side.jpg

balrog001.jpg

balrog002.jpg

balrog003.jpg

So that is the Balrog up to this point. The over all plan is to have two pillars from the Mines of Moria on both sides of him cracked and breaking as he appears to be pushing/pulling his way through them.

Last edited:

Damn , incredible work man. :google
I know a lot of people have wanted a Pin Head on here for a long time. If you make that available you might make a lot of people happy. The outfit would be a nightmare though lol !.

Beautiful work man. I'm in for s pinhead if your going to cast him.
Like Hicks said though clothing would be a pain

Thanks guys, I am planning to make the outfit for Pinhead once the head has been finished, cast and shipped out. I already have a few ideas on creating the outfit for him.

dano669, please check out the interest thread and let me know if you want to be put down for the head and the optional puzzle box, or just the head. Link at the top of the first post.

Thanks again guys for the support and kind words :) !

Last edited:
Re: Mark7612's Custom work

Awesome work! Do you do commissions?

Hi jml969,

I am currently focusing all of my attention on completing the Pinhead project. However, feel free to PM me with more info and we can definitely discuss it for when the project is finished :)

Amazing, just amazing work! I am curious what type of material/clay you use to sculpt? Your work is just awesome!

Thank Tesio! The Balrog and Pinhead are both being sculpted using castilene. Castilene is a wax/clay mix and can be purchased from sculpt.com. It is lighter then most oil based clays so you get more per pound.
I have done other sculpts in SuperSculpy and SuperSculpy Firm too.

You have an excellent style, accurate and superbly defined, with perfect proportions and very dynamic. Very clean, pure art. I love your work.

That Balrog looks awesome! Glad you made a custom thread Mark!!

Thanks guys, Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been working on the pinhead head sculpt and I am happy to say it is just about done (just a few more tweaks). I should have updated pics coming next week of pinhead.

Back