MANDO's BvS Robin memorial, Classic Bats and Joker, ⨷ Red Son Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: X's Custom Thread (Flint, Fett, Freddy, and Wild Weasel)

Well if it's brag on Mando day... then let me add to the pile; his awesome ESB Han sculpt:

hano.jpg

Re: X's Custom Thread (Flint, Fett, Freddy, and Wild Weasel)

Thanks for the warm welcome back, gentlemen.:goodpost:

Excellent stuff Mando. That Flint still blows the doors off of the stock Sideshow one in nearly every respect IMO. One really nice choice is the head, which makes him look a bit more like the smartass of the original figure over the badass of the card art (which is what SSC seemed to be going for).

I like that head for Flint, but I wish that it was a little bigger.

:rock About time, Xander!! As Nam said, perfection is the best way to describe your work.

I think I missed WW 100% complete. He looks spot on!! One of my all time favorites. Remember when he and FF go chasing after Junkyard in the swamp? Classic stuff. :)

Great call on that issue, Flosi. I actually used that one for doing the helmet as the sculpt on the original figure's helmet is slightly soft.

Re: X's Customs and Original Sculpts (Flint, Fett, Freddy, and Wild Weasel)

Hand made wood baseball bats:

P1200141.jpg

P1200140.jpg

P1200138.jpg

P1200142.jpg

P1200136.jpg

P1200145.jpg

And more projects coming in the future :yess:

Dig seeing those with their rightful owners, King!:hi5:

Couple more shot os the bats, only ones I have actually. Pretty fun project in that it was entirely different from everything else I've done.

002-3_zpsfae774a0.jpg

027-1_zps580056ea.jpg

I had no idea Mando took on so much commissioned-type work, apart from working on some of those heads. Would love to have a Wild Weasel head. I've got the Ghostbusters elbow pads from Mando, and they are spectacular:

DSC_0356-1_zpsd11bd24b.jpg

Those are good for light days. For heavy days I reccommend these:

012_zpsd49f6011.jpg

:lol

That Freddy is perfect X, I always enjoy seeing your work. WW is my personal favorite though.

For the sake of trying to keep it all in one place. :lol I bring you the head of Captain Solo.

This is how he looked before. Indy face with Bespin Han hair. Pretty simple mod, but I had wanted to go back and re-do some aspects.

firstly.jpg

Stripped back down.

002.jpg

Neck added from a HT figure. Added wrinkles to his forehead and a little more hair to help frame the face better.

018.jpg

Added a couple things. The forehead wrinkles are smoothed out now and I added the clefts in between his eyebrows. Also went back and re-added the scar on the chin which I think I pretty much obliterated while removng the stubble the first time around. Not 100% there yet. Couple more things to tighten up.

018-1.jpg

And finally the finished piece:

006.jpg

001-1.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

Blanks:

005-1_zpsab4bd102.jpg

Re: X's Customs and Original Sculpts (The Head of Captain Solo)

Some WIPage.... for the da King.... The Ski elves are rocking! :rock :)

IMG_4622_zps918f391c.jpg

Ski

No more Herder for my wankie, the Skier need food!!!!

long-duk-dong_528_poster.jpg

Not sure why a few tones on the end look slightly different it must be both ends of my workshop lights hitting them but in person/hand they are all the same tones. (must be the overhead in the middle hitting them) The translucency in these apps do change on which angle the lighting is hitting them which is a pretty cool effect. :yess:

IMG_4641_zps036fb257.jpg

Ski

* combo hip thrust/pee dance *

Back