MANDO's BvS Robin memorial, Classic Bats and Joker, ⨷ Red Son Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MANDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
I figured “what the hell”... I've put it of for way too long.

Was going to start with a fistful of re-runs but I decided it'd be better to pull from different corners of my collection, and then go from there.

So...

Freddy Krueger

Freddy is just a polished Sideshow turd. Although I think he's one of their best figures from that era. HT narrow with Ezizio (Assassin guy :dunno) arms. Boots pants I don't recall, but the sweater is Dragon. He's not movie-specific. I just wanted an iconic looking Freddy on the shelf that harkened back to the cardboard standee that loomed outside the door of the shop we used to rent videos from when I was five. :horror

050_zps212e17bf.jpg

048_zpsc27af9ba.jpg

051_zps3339fe6e.jpg

Last edited:
Re: X's Custom Thread (Flint, Fett, Freddy, and Wild Weasel)

Boba Fett

Apart from the hands which are re-sculpted HT gloves everything is Medicom Fett. The first one. From back when $125 was a lot to pay for a 1/6er. :lol
Mind you this was done before SSC even announced theirs so there are a couple things I want redo or swap out but at this point he's up their Indy in that I don't think he'll truly be finished.

084_zpsc5b8ac0a.jpg

071_zps4330ccfd.jpg

064_zpsef4465ec.jpg

070_zps263204ad.jpg

058_zps3e7e6b7b.jpg

A Fistful Of Credits
Fettwanted_zpsf048f6d0.jpg

Last edited:

Wild Weasel

A long time coming indeed, but the end justified the means as X-amount of Weasels now adorn the shelves of a handful of Freaks. Helmet is original. 'Face made the patches. :yess: At this point I don't recall the rest. :)

027-1_zps3c820067.jpg

016-1.jpg

024.jpg

027.jpg

032.jpg

039-1.jpg

Last edited:

Flint

And lastly (for now) the one that started it all... or at least the Joe stuff. Virtually untouched from 2007/2008. Before TDK and Iron Man. When folks thought that The Dead and Indy lines would last for years to come, and LOTR was SSC's next “Star Wars”. Good times.

He needs some “modern” updates for sure, and a new head wouldn't hurt. But of the dozen or so Joes I did years ago Flint's only one of two that are actually on the shelf these days.

038_zps94d6768b.jpg

Last edited:

Glad to see you have a thread now! I'm not a big Joe fan, but I love that WW figure :rock

Excellent stuff Mando. That Flint still blows the doors off of the stock Sideshow one in nearly every respect IMO. One really nice choice is the head, which makes him look a bit more like the smartass of the original figure over the badass of the card art (which is what SSC seemed to be going for).

Nice work!! That Freddy looks great.

*sub* for a long time friend and fellow customizer.

Ski :1-1:

The Freddy figure looks amazing! Nice work.

:rock About time, Xander!! As Nam said, perfection is the best way to describe your work.

I think I missed WW 100% complete. He looks spot on!! One of my all time favorites. Remember when he and FF go chasing after Junkyard in the swamp? Classic stuff. :)

Allow me a moment to share some the work MANDO has done for me in the past, present and future.

Wild Weasel bucket:

P1200192.jpg

Maggot Driver bucket:

P1200193.jpg

Battle Damage Luke weathering and paint:

P1200191.jpg

P1200189.jpg

P1200081.jpg

P1200078.jpg

P1200069.jpg

Steel Brigade bucket:

P1200176.jpg

P1200172.jpg

P1200173.jpg

Hand made wood baseball bats:

P1200141.jpg

P1200140.jpg

P1200138.jpg

P1200142.jpg

P1200136.jpg

P1200145.jpg

And more projects coming in the future :yess:

I had no idea Mando took on so much commissioned-type work, apart from working on some of those heads. Would love to have a Wild Weasel head. I've got the Ghostbusters elbow pads from Mando, and they are spectacular:

DSC_0356-1_zpsd11bd24b.jpg

I had no idea Mando took on so much commissioned-type work

Really he doesn't. More like "offered commission work". I just get random pee ems from MANDO telling me he has stuff in the works and I owe him money. Then I pay up and later I get something in the mail.

Really he doesn't. More like "offered commission work". I just get random pee ems from MANDO telling me he has stuff in the works and I owe him money. Then I pay up and later I get something outstanding in the mail.

Fixed for accuracy. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Most excellent correction Nam :lecture

Back