Man of steel: Superman 1:6 scale iconic statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks so soft... Kotobukiya is my favorite so far out of what we've seen (Mattel, DC Collectibles, Neca and Play Arts Kai)

I still don't think the sculpt looks "horrible" like everyone else says. I'd love to see this repainted.

Did you check out the new pics of the Kotobukiya statue? I posted them a few days ago, and the sculpt looks even better in the newer pictures imo.

I just bought both the Superman and Batman Icon statues just to spite everyone that says they look horrible! :nana: Boy I sure showed you guys... oh wait?

Also that damn StatueHunter75 and his evil reviews!!! It's all his fault, he made me buy them! He said "Bwuy dis Soopah-man and the Dahk Knight day're wicked awezum!"

I'll let you guys know what I think after I get them delivered.

Last edited:
I just bought both the Superman and Batman Icon statues just to spite everyone that says they look horrible!:nana:

Also that damn StatueHunter75 and his evil reviews!!! It's all his fault, he made me buy them!

Cool. Post pics when you get supes. Very curious to hear your thoughts since apparently no one ordered it.:lol

I just bought both the Superman and Batman Icon statues just to spite everyone that says they look horrible! :nana: Boy I sure showed you guys... oh wait?

Also that damn StatueHunter75 and his evil reviews!!! It's all his fault, he made me buy them! He said "Bwuy dis Soopah-man and the Dahk Knight day're wicked awezum!"

I'll let you guys know what I think after I get them delivered.

CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL!!!!!!!! I saw this today m8, and HONESTLY there IS NO LIKENESS... It looks NOTHING like Caville IMHO!! I could have bought it for $130... And I wouldn't have touched it with CBGs money...:lecture

Thanks for the concern brother Spidey, I got it for $99 and I honestly don't care if it's a good Cavill likeness, there's just something I like about the both of them, it will be nice to have 2 (relatively cheap) movie versions of my favorite characters on my desk, and I won't have to wait a year to get them!:lol

Found these over at Statue forum. Not bad at all. Paint apps are pretty crappy though.....

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

The face looks like "Screech" from Saved by the Bell in those pics:lol

Ooh there you go Spidey, as long as its something YOU don't like it's ok to bash it huh? :slap

27159_10151477098409215_227506905_n.jpg

I agree the face paint leaves a lot to be desired, but (IMO) the pic above, over processed as it is, shows me that the Cavill likeness is totally there in the sculpt. Darkened up like that it looks much more like him, I believe a good repaint could really bring it out. And for $99 bucks for this guy, I may be brave enough to try! :pray:

Not at all. :lol

If I did a PS side by side you would be shocked at how close they are .... Lol

Ooh there you go Spidey, as long as its something YOU don't like it's ok to bash it huh? :slap

27159_10151477098409215_227506905_n.jpg

I agree the face paint leaves a lot to be desired, but (IMO) the pic above, over processed as it is, shows me that the Cavill likeness is totally there in the sculpt. Darkened up like that it looks much more like him, I believe a good repaint could really bring it out. And for $99 bucks for this guy, I may be brave enough to try! :pray:

Sorry Dude it wasn't meant to be a bash... It was just the FIRST thought I had when I saw it. I should have said that I don't think this pics represent the statue properly though. I can say having seen it in person it looks better then those pics suggest. However, I do stand by the fact that in THOSE pics it looks like good old Screech jumped in the costume... At least to me .... I think it is the way some of those pics make the neck look longer for some reason long.

How does It look in person Spidey? Is the likeness there? Does it look as pale as some pictures make it seem?

Edit: And different people see different things, sorry Spidey, but I don't see Screech. :lol

Last edited:
Another video review..... with weird *** music playing in the background :lol
Likeness looks great here too.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27tF2r0ppRs[/ame]

Another video review..... with weird *** music playing in the background :lol
Likeness looks great here too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27tF2r0ppRs

Well snoop I think that video looks pretty much like the statue, but I think the skin tone is a little lighter then that. I personally don't think the likeness is right. The statue looks good from the neck down but the likeness is just not there for me, but that is just my opinion.

It's supposedly a 3-d rendering of Henry Cavill, so the likeness is definitely there. I think the choice to use translucent plastic and their average looking paint is what throws off the likeness. Disappointing really.........

Yeah Snoop I was going to say the same thing, GG does digi scans of the actors for their products so I think with the right paint job he would look spot on!

It's all good Spidey bro, I just think at 1/4 of the price of a SS product it looks pretty damn good! I wanted a movie representation of Supe and Bats and these two wont break the bank!

It's supposedly a 3-d rendering of Henry Cavill, so the likeness is definitely there. I think the choice to use translucent plastic and their average looking paint is what throws off the likeness. Disappointing really.........

Yeah Snoop I was going to say the same thing, GG does digi scans of the actors for their products so I think with the right paint job he would look spot on!

It's all good Spidey bro, I just think at 1/4 of the price of a SS product it looks pretty damn good! I wanted a movie representation of Supe and Bats and these two wont break the bank!

Having seen this in person I don't think the likeness is there... HOWEVER, that is ONLY my opinion, and I am NOT the be all and end all. I hope you guys will love this, and tam you are right it won't brake the bank.

Last edited:
Spidey don't do this again my friend, you are not getting this, there is no need to prove how right you are again, enough, please!

Back