Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel

There was only one scene from the whole movie that I thought was ludicrous and should have been chucked, but luckily it didn't detract from the movie as a while except while it was happening I literally looked at my wife and said, :yeah, this is happening" :rotfl

That's gotta be the silly tentacles on the World Builder, right?

I understand d people being upset with images that invoke 911 but if people are going to complain about MoS for this then they surely must take more issue with the Avengers since that actually takes place in NY city and not a fictional place called Metropolis.

Also as others have mentioned the tentacle fight should have been cut but I guess they finally had to comprise with ****in Jon Peters. ****, if they really needed to include that scene then have supes just blast through them with heat vision instead of the long, drawn out totally cartoonish looking CGI scene we got. I loved man of steel and thought all the effects were fantastic, however if one scene was definitely not up to par and dragged on it was that one. Not only did the CGI look bad, but the fight wasn't interesting and was hard to follow/discern wtf was happening

Last edited:

That's gotta be the silly tentacles on the World Builder, right?

No. Believe it or not that tech was used so much (hell they used it on their com viewers from the very beginning) that by the end it seemed natural. Krypton didn't have just advanced tech, it was actually functionally different and I thought that was an awesome touch. CGI can be overused, but if its going to look weird at least having it there to promote the differences between the two species beyond "just being advanced" seemed like a cool idea.

My problem was the tornado scene, front to end, I think that could have all went down in a much better way. It just seemed way too contrived even in the middle of a flick about aliens invading earth to find their lost DNA. Hands down the only scene I could have done without.

YES!!! SAVE THE DAMN PETS!!!!!!!

Seriously I think it's the fault of the script.. There should have been no terraforming. Let Superman Save an entire City before he has to save an entire planet. Would have given the film some time to let us see Superman caring about "the people"

But this is a personal preference. It is obvious that I am in the minority.. The only thing that I will say that gives my argument some merit is that those who have not seemed to enjoy the film overall have the same issue. Lack of character and story. But that does not mean that I am right. But there was something missing for us..

Most of you did not have that issue and I am OK with that.. I have to be :lol.. I just hope the next film gives us more Story and Character along with the spectacle.

It's all good, I'm not a huge fan of IM3 so I understand. :lol

No. Believe it or not that tech was used so much (hell they used it on their com viewers from the very beginning) that by the end it seemed natural. Krypton didn't have just advanced tech, it was actually functionally different and I thought that was an awesome touch. CGI can be overused, but if its going to look weird at least having it there to promote the differences between the two species beyond "just being advanced" seemed like a cool idea.

My problem was the tornado scene, front to end, I think that could have all went down in a much better way. It just seemed way too contrived even in the middle of a flick about aliens invading earth to find their lost DNA. Hands down the only scene I could have done without.

I'm torn if the scene inside Superman's head having a conversation with Zod on the farm should've been cut since it was more explanation.

My favorite line in the whole movie belongs to Zod angrily asking Superman if he honed his fighting skills on a farm. :lol

I'm torn if the scene inside Superman's head having a conversation with Zod on the farm should've been cut since it was more explanation.

My favorite line in the whole movie belongs to Zod angrily asking Superman if he honed his fighting skills on a farm. :lol

Zod is a bad mofo. Glad he decided to go suicide by Superman when he realized his mission can no longer be fulfilled.

I don't know what it was about Zod, but he kept reminding me of Bizarro when they would fight, not sure why, but I just was thinking, man he'd make an awesome Bizarro.

Zod is a bad mofo. Glad he decided to go suicide by Superman when he realized his mission can no longer be fulfilled.

I don't know what it was about Zod, but he kept reminding me of Bizarro when they would fight, not sure why, but I just was thinking, man he'd make an awesome Bizarro.

Zod/Faora were great, Shannon eye's were intense.

Critics really got it wrong with this one.

Cinema score A yet RT 58.

Oh yeah... and they need to keep Antje around and have her grow her hair out...

I think she was born for this:

wonder-woman-01-1024x768.jpg
pandorum+antje+traue.jpg

She's only 5'6, though. But I guess they can use movie magic to make her look as tall or taller than Supes.

Like I said before, if the critics were praising this movie, you'd be pointing at the score going "DO YOU SEE!? DO YOU SEE!??"

Critics have a pretty clear purpose. You don't have to take what they say as fact, since it's all subjective. If you don't know which movie to see, they can help you choose.

****, you could probably even say they helped you like it more.

Zod/Faora were great, Shannon eye's were intense.

Critics really got it wrong with this one.
Cinema score A yet RT 58.

Now that I've seen it, I've been reading tons of reviews tonight.

I've varied from many critics on many movies, but can generally see specific PoV and how they came up with it even if I don't agree, but never, EVER, have I felt so far removed from whats being said as if I watched a different version of MoS.

Fan support + cash will win in the end. :nana:

She's only 5'6, though. But I guess they can use movie magic to make her look as tall or taller than Supes.

I've yet to see a franchise stick to any heights from comics. Plus the womens costumes can always heel up.

Foara is hot but not WW kina hot. She's all covered up. WW need to be as tall or almost as tall as sup. Gonna be really hard to find someone capable of filling WW role.

As for Foara, they can bring her back from the phantom zone or what ever and do her nasty on me anyday.

As long as people are consistent, who cares. I couldn't give a **** less about stuff like RT or Metacritic. It's the people who use those to validate their own opinions on a movie that are the tools, especially when they're inconsistent (if they like a movie that has a low RT score, they downplay it but if they like a movie that scores high, they're like "See!").

Of course it will. Why does it even matter to you? The critics we're right. To them. Their opinion is all they personally care about.

So what does it matter to you?

Back