Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

New actor, new suit, new everything I can deal with....but no JW score will be the hardest for me to accept. Granted, like you guys said, Nolan's batman didn't have the Elfman score and it was fine; the JW score is not even on the same scale as the Elfman score. When you think of Supes, you think of the Jw score and whoever has to score this film, sure has their work cut out for them.

New actor, new suit, new everything I can deal with....but no JW score will be the hardest for me to accept. Granted, like you guys said, Nolan's batman didn't have the Elfman score and it was fine; the JW score is not even on the same scale as the Elfman score. When you think of Supes, you think of the Jw score and whoever has to score this film, sure has their work cut out for them.

That's not fare to say, really. The Elfman score was so synonymous with Batman that they didn't even need a title for the animated series, just Elfman's score and look how long that lasted. Superman's animated series didn't share that luxury (although I think it would've been just as epic).

:lecture:lecture:lecture Because not using the Elfman theme caused Nolan's Batman to fail miserably. :exactly:
:monkey3

Though I will agree the soundtrack isn't nearly as memorable, completely lacking a "theme" (no Void, you're wrong), but it hardly effected the film.

Hang on what point did you think I was making? I wasn't saying that the lack of the Elfman theme in Nolan's films hampered them....

That's not fare to say, really. The Elfman score was so synonymous with Batman that they didn't even need a title for the animated series, just Elfman's score and look how long that lasted. Superman's animated series didn't share that luxury (although I think it would've been just as epic).

For what it's worth, while the Williams theme is definitely iconic and memorable, the Animated Series theme was definitely awesome in it's own right. The only animated theme I enjoyed more was the Batman/Superman Adventures theme and if the new film has anything similar we'll be just fine.

Bale wouldn't make sense, not to mention that they are rebooting Batman all over after TDKR so it'd cement Superman into the "Old Guard" and not whatever the new is. DC/WB is dying for a JL movie to match Marvel's Avengers, so while I doubt we'll see any cameos in Man of Steel outright I wouldn't be shocked if he cameos in future DC flicks.

I'm trolling, obviously.

I-see-what-you-did-there-700x560.jpg

Bale wouldn't make sense, not to mention that they are rebooting Batman all over after TDKR so it'd cement Superman into the "Old Guard" and not whatever the new is. DC/WB is dying for a JL movie to match Marvel's Avengers, so while I doubt we'll see any cameos in Man of Steel outright I wouldn't be shocked if he cameos in future DC flicks.

Why are they going to reboot batman again?

Why are they going to reboot batman again?

A. Batman will die

B. Batman will retire

C. Something involving contracts with Nolan and WB, probably about "creative integrity"

Because Nolan's story ends with TDKR. It will apparently have a definitive end which will make it hard/impossible to have any sequels that are in the same continuity.

EDIT: What DiFabio said

The studios' official word is that Nolan's Batman exists in a vaccuum amongst itself as he has written it. They want a Batman who can be incorporated into the film DCU (ala The Avengers) and co-exist with Green Lantern, Superman, etc. Nolan will tie up his Batman in this third film and then go on to produce the newest version.

Originally Green Lantern was supposed to kick off the DCU Justice League marched with even talks of Reynolds providing a cameo in Man of Steel similar to the way that Tony Stark did in The Incredible Hulk but since that film did not perform as well as they hoped, I believe all of that was scrapped as WB hasn't definitively said what they are doing with the GL franchise.

Because Nolan's story ends with TDKR. It will apparently have a definitive end which will make it hard/impossible to have any sequels that are in the same continuity.

EDIT: What DiFabio said

Yeap. They'll probably withdraw a bit from the realistic approach and put Batman back into the realms of other superheroes. I get the impression no other superhero exists in Nolan's Batverse.

So maybe any Batman rerereboot will be fitted to the kind of reality in the new Superman film.

EDIT- what The Mike said!

Back