Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Why do you think his pants never rip off when he changes?

BURSTINGANEURYSM said:
Maybe if I asked your opinion I would care what you think.

You mean if you cared what she thought, you would ask her opinion?

Did someone ask for your opinion?

Most people prefer the classic suit (88%) over the movie suit (12%). Source.

That poll does not represent the design(s) for the movie. (Start a poll for the movie costume design to see if it would be similar. - I think it would be interesting to see the results.)

Anyways, I voted on that PF design poll and I chose the "classic suit". That's because if Sideshow makes only 1 Superman PF, I want it to be based on the classic Superman design that's been around for years. Its literally a world-known symbol/image. If they make more than one design...well then I'd like to see another take other than the classic look.

When it comes to a new Superman movie I want to see something more updated and different. I've already seen the (great) Donner films which featured the classic Supes design. Honestly, I have always thought the "speedos-outside-the-pants" looked awkward and I am glad to see this new "modern" interpretation of the Superman suit that looks a bit more alien. (At least it looks alien to me).

Anyways, remember two things:
1) This is only one interpretation. This will eventually go away and be replaced. So if you don't like it...don't worry too much.

2) As I've mentioned in earlier posts, the classic Supes design is just that...classic. It can never be erased from history and you will always have that to remember. (Especially if Sideshow releases a PF :pray:)

Wy can't the crybabies who won't accept updated versions of their favorite characters just continue to watch the outdated versions? :dunno

Wy can't the crybabies who won't accept updated versions of their favorite characters just continue to watch the outdated versions? :dunno

There's no explanation to that, i guess.
Everybody's allowed to think whatever they want, but c'mon.. time to move along. The suit has changed, there's nothing we can do now.
I actually like the new suit........

I really don't want everyone to hate me but i have one question, if someone could answer it the better. if not .. well. Shame on you for leaving a lady talking alone :lol

I really wasn't here when Nolan's version of batman suit appeared. I just saw it and wasn't very much interested about what people thought... What happened then? It was accepted at first?
pd. i'm not comparing bats with sups. :peace

I think the big difference is, for the new TDK suit the dislike was based on the design, not the LACK of missing design elements like the new Superman suit.

In general it seems like people like this new suit. They just wish it had the red tights and a proper belt.

So even though it's different, people aren't complaining about the new direction of the design as much as they're disappointed about certain "classic" elements being removed.

I did this mock-up:

supermanproper.jpg

And most people seemed to be feeling it. And it uses the same exact design that's currently in place. It just adds back in the tights/belt and uses more traditional colors. But even if the colors remained true to the current suit, I think people would be cool with that as long as the tights and belt were there.

I'm fine with no trunks. Different is good this time around. And the way things are going anyways, this isn't your daddy's Superman anyhow. The suit should be the least of our worries, let's worry about getting a kick ass Supes movie first.

Michael Cerveris may be Lex Luthor. This is a rumor for now.

I really hope he's the ruthless businessman and not the corny over-the-top villain Hackman/Spacey portrayed...

The red trunks had a very practical reason! :lecture

View attachment 39469

That poll does not represent the design(s) for the movie. (Start a poll for the movie costume design to see if it would be similar. - I think it would be interesting to see the results.)

Anyways, I voted on that PF design poll and I chose the "classic suit". That's because if Sideshow makes only 1 Superman PF, I want it to be based on the classic Superman design that's been around for years. Its literally a world-known symbol/image. If they make more than one design...well then I'd like to see another take other than the classic look.

When it comes to a new Superman movie I want to see something more updated and different. I've already seen the (great) Donner films which featured the classic Supes design. Honestly, I have always thought the "speedos-outside-the-pants" looked awkward and I am glad to see this new "modern" interpretation of the Superman suit that looks a bit more alien. (At least it looks alien to me).

Anyways, remember two things:
1) This is only one interpretation. This will eventually go away and be replaced. So if you don't like it...don't worry too much.

2) As I've mentioned in earlier posts, the classic Supes design is just that...classic. It can never be erased from history and you will always have that to remember. (Especially if Sideshow releases a PF :pray:)

Ah! The Jor-El suit makes the new Superman suit make sense. Jor-El has the Superman suit we've seen as the underlayer to his garb. Perhaps the skin tight underlayer is the only part of the Kryptonian outfit Clark was able to salvage from his ship. Or he just chooses to wear only the underlayer because it's obviously less bulky.

Regardless, seeing that there is logic behind the suit makes me like it more.

Hot Toys is going to have a field day with this ____!

ALL YA GOTTA DO IS REPAINT EM!

Back