Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

... Can't say.
But let's just say I'm in a "hands on" position with the movie.

Kool I was in Plano pretty much all this week. Except this past Wednesday. Got to see the helicopters flying around. That was kool.

I really hate the idea of a muscle suit. It instantly ruins the character for me. And it's a huge muscle suit. Supes and Clark are supposed to be built. For real. Just makes the character less believable IMO.

Thank you DC and all the idiots working at that company that is ____ing up Superman in the comics and having an effect on the film as well.I'm surprised they didnt use the Bruce Springsteen look that they think is sooo amazing for the movie costume!How does a bunch of 50 year olds, who work for DC ,think they can change an iconic costume and make it cool?They cant because they are out of touch.What bull____.Leave SUPERMAN alone!Bryan Singer got so much ____ for changing the costume and that movie failed.I hope this one fails as well.Who the hell does Christopher Nolan and Zack Snyder think they are?Chris Nolan should stick to ____ty films that feature Leo Di"crap"io and Snyder should stick to Frank Miller stories.I say Frank Miller because they should never let him direct a film.Ever!

Are you familiar with the court case regarding the ownship of Superman? Well DC lost the last round in the court rulings and some of the rights regarding his look and whatnot may have to changed. In the future, so they've done that now so they can play with change before they are court enforced. It maybe the catalyst for this whole reboot DC Universe.

So I'm fine with it... Also how old are you? You read like a crying child in a toys r us!

Last edited:

supermanproper.jpg

love the suit, the symbol and color palette remind me of the fleischer cartoons but it also somehow looks modern and kinda alien.

best solution to the lack of trunks ive seen (and ive seen ALOT). cavill looks great and the even the sublte muscle suit looks good. so much better than rouths. cant wait to see more.

I've long though the shorts needed to go, but aesthetically the suit needed them to break up the blue. Ditching both the shorts and the yellow belt alters his look too much IMO.

I'm not in love (read: I kind of hate) the new Jim Lee Superman design that they're using in MoS. Still, a compelling story can go a long way. If Snyder can bring his usual flair for visuals and action to this film, I can get past the rubber and lack of red undies.

I'm more concerned about the script Snyder has to work with, unlike Sucker Punch.

I suspect Lee's design is aping the film rather than vice versa. Movies just have a much longer lead time than comics do.

im guessing he wont be called SUPERMAN in the movie either, ??

No he'll be called Clark Kent, fighting the evil Emperor Zod, called only by his Earth name, and the origin of the S on his chest clearly will not be explained, for it should be a C.

:cuckoo:

Loving the new alien look... when does this movie come out again? :drool:

Snyder seems to have such a 1990s sensibility. "Throw some silver tribal tattoos on there and lose the belt, but keep the buckle." :lol

I do like the big S shield and the cape. But the suit itself just makes me think Image Comics.

No he'll be called Clark Kent, fighting the evil Emperor Zod, called only by his Earth name, and the origin of the S on his chest clearly will not be explained, for it should be a C.

:cuckoo:

Loving the new alien look... when does this movie come out again? :drool:
well wasnt the symbole a kryptoninan family symbole or something, sod will likely call him kal el not superman, and im guessing since evrything s changin maybe they are doing away with the name superman, its a cheesy 40s name anyway to which we are used to , lol, hence the name of the film is man of steel...anways i dont care

well wasnt the symbole a kryptoninan family symbole or something, sod will likely call him kal el not superman, and im guessing since evrything s changin maybe they are doing away with the name superman, its a cheesy 40s name anyway to which we are used to , lol, hence the name of the film is man of steel...anways i dont care

It's the signature name of the character, for crying out loud. Sure he might be called Kal el but the world will forever know him as Superman!:clap

Back