Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved the coup scene, very over performed, like public figures in real life interchange words, and the scene when both Lara and Zod look up while Kal's ship is ascending I love too.

The trail and the following oil rig, the same, they all get my blood pumping in different ways.

You know what? I actually didn't mind the diner scene. :lol

It was Clark at his most.. Clark. A bit of a nod to Superman 2 in a way maybe.

The truck up in the tree - made me laugh, in a good way. :lol

let's ignore the coup scene, the great dialogue between Jor and Zod, the emotional scene in which they send Kal away and the Zod's trial followed by the subsequent Oil Rig rescue...
Thank you, I will happily ignore all these terribly done scenes with misplaced acting, plot holes, obvious CGI, designs from other popular movies, annoying filters and lens flares.

If it makes the MOS fans feel any better, I hated this movie when it came out; But after seeing TASM2, I have a newfound appreciation for MOS and would rather watch it on loop for 8 hours than ever sit through TASM2 again.

I like watching the first 40min or so of this movie. But after that it becomes terrible. They shouldn't have had him try to learn how to fly while wearing the suit. That should've been done sooner.

The only time the world knew he existed was after Zod announced his presence. That really diminished Superman I thought. He was one of many instead just one God like alien amongst humans. It didn't give earth any chance to appreciate him. No emotion whats so ever. I felt nothing throughout the movie. Zac should stick to filming and leave the writing to others.

The problem I'm seeing is I doubt that BVS is going to fix Superman's image problem.

He's still dangerous. Now you have Batman who's older and already a legend coming out of Gotham to kick his ass? That's not going to make him look any more heroic. Now couple that with knowing Zack's all time dream project would be TDKReturns by Miller where Batman kicks Superman's ass. Not looking good. Finally factor in that after this movie, we segway directly into needing not Superman, but an entire team of Superheros to save the world with Justice League. I don't see this version of Superman ever being close to a guy that protects Metropolis on his own and is seen as a hero. None of that is even factoring in Luthor turning the public against him.

I'm quite certain this is going to be Jesus Superman to a T. Everyone hates him the whole time, he's an outcast, he finally dies saving earth and all the sudden is a martyr.

You forgot irritating shaky cam^
Really irritating during Pa Kent speech, but that's the only scene I remember being completely f'd by it.

If it makes the MOS fans feel any better, I hated this movie when it came out; But after seeing TASM2, I have a newfound appreciation for MOS and would rather watch it on loop for 8 hours than ever sit through TASM2 again.
I'm not being rude but that's like saying you'd prefer sniffing crap instead of swallowing vomit :lol

I like watching the first 40min or so of this movie. But after that it becomes terrible. They shouldn't have had him try to learn how to fly while wearing the suit. That should've been done sooner.

The only time the world knew he existed was after Zod announced his presence. That really diminished Superman I thought. He was one of many instead just one God like alien amongst humans. It didn't give earth any chance to appreciate him. No emotion whats so ever. I felt nothing throughout the movie. Zac should stick to filming and leave the writing to others.

That is taken directly from the comics, Superman: Earth One to be exact. He does not put on the suit until he is dealing with an alien invasion that is looking for him. I have no problem with them adapting it. It was one of the best reviewed graphic novels and stories. A great modernization of the character. Superman will was a hero at the end of MOS. If you are wanting him to be more celebrated, I am sure by the end of JL he will be.

I saw this for the first time last night. Very generic superhero film with no soul, felt very flat. Snyder's creative approach was hideous. There is no character development, and I couldn't get invested into the story to care about any of the characters.

I disagree, the whole 1st hour is nothing but character development, I thought it had lots of soul, especially in the beginning of the film and I liked most of Snyder creative and aesthetic decisions a lot, visually speaking it's amazing to look at.

taken directly from Superman: Earth One. A great modernization of the character.
The one about 20 years old fella who lives in rented room and revealing his origin to everyone on a daily basis by being inhumanly awesome at sport, science and finance... Shane Davis is a moron after saying that wearing suit-tie-glasses didn't make sense for Kent and completely throwing off classic look of Metropolis.

I disagree, the whole 1st hour is nothing but character development, I thought it had lots of soul, especially in the beginning of the film and I liked most of Snyder creative and aesthetic decisions a lot, visually speaking it's amazing to look at.

I like Snyder's costumes and production design for the most part, but the shaky cam and gray/blue tinted color correction made the film bleak and ugly to look at.

Really irritating during Pa Kent speech, but that's the only scene I remember being completely f'd by it.

I'm not being rude but that's like saying you'd prefer sniffing crap instead of swallowing vomit :lol

Absolutely. I just didn't realize I'd see a big budget superhero movie more baffling than MOS so soon.

Same.
Reeeeeealy sad cuz all three of my favourite superheroes were raped by latest film adaptations.

At least I rediscovered Steve Rogers... :lol

Back