Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Director's Cut of WATCHMEN is great. The only additional scene I don't like is Rorschach vs the cops in Blake's apartment. I find that silly, out of place, and completely unnecessary. But that wasn't in the comic anyway, so there's no wonder why it sticks out like a sore thumb. Everything else makes the movie better and more in line with the book. Hollis' death scene is incredible.

The "Ultimate Cut" just adds the animated Black Freighter with the additional bookend sequences at Berne's newsstand. It's a decent effort, but only shows how integrating Black Freighter in a movie was never going to work and that kind of stuff was designed to work within a comic book and nothing else.

I don't like the ending of the SUCKER PUNCH Extended Edition. Neither does Zack, which is why he cut it out and re-wrote a lot of that after putting the first edit of the film together. But he's big on alternate cuts and sharing them with fans.

I did like some of the additional material in the directors cut, but the additional material at Bernies in the ultimate cut, Jesus the acting was so bad. I cringed at it. And some of the additional material in the directors cut was also poor. Theatrical cut is the winner for me, which is why I said what I did. As for Sucker Punch, the problems were so large with the overall concept, acting, editing, pretty much everything that the directors cut just made it more painful and juvenile. Like an hour extra at the dentists. And that extra musical number? Baz Lurhman Snyder is not (not a critism unless you try to do a Baz). :lol

No, it doesn't really work that way.

And some bad movies are really hard to forget. :lol
Yes, Sucker Punch.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEKiLlYwFYk[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNKkCCbdxVQ[/ame]

For women folk, no doubt,

do_the_thor_girl_dance_by_aks100-d50ywmp.gif

Well, I never want to see MoS again. Alrighty. Now we got that taken care of that....:lol

If you're writing a script for a Superman movie, what do you call him? Clark? Kal? or Superman?

Or would you alternate between them when he is portraying one of those characters?

I have only seen the film once so far, so if I missed something here, forgiveness. I am dying to see it again on the big screen, but so far one viewing.

I am reading the novelization right now, and its pretty well-written for a novelization; most of which truly scrape the bottom of the barrel of an author's inventiveness. But this one is entertaining so far, and I am a tough sell.

One thing that wasn't made really clear onscreen is how long it took for Kal's lifeboat to actually reach earth. In the film, we're told they found a planet to send him to - and off he goes. I do remember "now how long would it take for him to hit earth, is the baby in stasis... he MUST be, of course but how LONG was he in space?" flitting through my mind.

The novelization tells us that Krypton was across our galaxy from earth. More than just a few light-years away, Krypton was almost an unimaginable distance away from us. Perhaps this is common knowledge, but I had no idea - and I bet most people in the theatre don't, either.

And, when Jor-El and Lara are discussing where they will send him, they are looking at pictures of earth - which was currently undergoing the ICE AGE. They had no idea what our technological prowess or mindset would be when Kal finally got here. All they had were some pictures of fur-clad savages. Yeah, that would be pretty scary to send your only child off to, all defenseless.

So, everyone is ancient. Kal-El is ancient. He traveled for literally thousands of years to get here. His parents, Zod, the whole crew.... all ancient. They are all people out of time, which is kind of eerie when you think about it.

Have not yet gotten to the point where Zod and Co. emerge from the Phantom Zone and eventually home in on Earth; it will be interesting to see how these chronological discrepancies will be dealt with.

Back