Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe. I'd have to see it to be 100% sure. It's like the ending to Sucker Punch. It sounded like it could've helped the film, but I don't think it did.

I haven't gotten through that Ultimate Cut. Just too much BS. I'm glad it exists. But it doesn't flow as nicely as the Extended.

Yeah, the Black Freighter thing just stops the movie in its tracks each and every time. Again, it works in the comic but can't at all work within the context of a movie.

A comic-within-a-comic with thematic mirroring was a brilliant idea. An animated movie within a live action movie... not so much.

I do dig the animated Black Freighter movie, though. It works okay on its own, it just lacks that oomph it has while reading it within WATCHMEN. Instead, you just have to enjoy it at face value.

I liked it too. But I wish the animation was more like the comic's style.

But that is a nitpick. It's fun to see in motion, and Gerard does a decent job as the Captain.

I liked IM3 alot when I first saw it- now it has quickly faded....MOS my favorite summer movie....seeing LR this weekend.
WWZ was good but utterly forgetable

I didn't read the thread. I've been staying away from all the discussion as to remain spoiler free. I just remember Lois and Perry standing there after the fight and the background looked like a nuclear bomb had gone off. . . the city looked like it had been reduced to rubble.

:dunno
So, you missed alot of the movie I guess? There was a terraforming machine that destroyed a large portion of the city before Superman arrived. When he was flying back from the other side of the world and hes flying towards the city, you can see miles of burning buildings from the machines epicenter, thats why it looks like a warzone. :slap
The 7ish minute fight between Zod and Superman took place in this area and had relatively little damage compared to what had been inflicted by the machine. The only building they show totally collapsing is the first one they slam into which as they're heading towards it, has either flame or smoke coming out of a majority of windows. Theres no definitive on screen death from anything in the fight between Zod and Supes, just peoples wild imagination. :lol

Back