Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anybody notice a name on the letterman's jacket the guy who was harassing young Clark (pushed him into the fence) was wearing? ....wondering if that was a young Lex Luthor?

Because a hero isn't allowed to anything heroic. Amirite!?

Our versions of "heroic" are obviously quite different. I enjoyed seeing Superman in a climatic fight with another Super villain for a change. I don't think the general audience or fans would've been as satisfied if we saw Supes saving a cat from a tree for the finale. :lol

Always thought it odd that in S1 a jail warden gives Superman final thanks for making "this country" safe again. :lol

The dude talks like he's the president. :lol

Also another funny thing I never noticed before, when Superman drops off Lex and Otis at the jail, a corrections officer comes running over from behind to grab Otis and in that moment the officer is able to push Superman's right arm out of the way to grab Otis's arm.

Man of Steel. :lol

Last edited:
I just came back from my 2nd viewing and some of my opinions changed, some didn't but my overall opinion is that is still the best Superman movie to date by far:

- They could've made Pa Kent's death more natural, like a heart attack, they didn't need to go that big with the tornado scene, especially considering there are a number of ways Clark could've acted on that and the destruction that comes ahead in the movie.

-The "romance" between Lois and Superman could have waited till MoS2 when they would actually interact on daily basis, it felt soooo forced in this movie, very out of place.

-JAWS now I agree with you on this: at the end, you didn't feel the consequences of the destruction in the atmosphere, after 9/11, the US was shaking of fear after the attacks, and in MoS they were all working on the daily planet like nothing happened, they could've added something in there.

Although the daily planet building was not destroyed, that's why they were working on it again.

-I still think the destruction is justified, like 99% of the destruction was caused by the world engine and Zod, including the building that collapsed, that was all Zod.

Superman literally just scratched one or two buildings on Metropolis: 1) dragging Zod's face over some windows and 2)when Zod started to fly and Superman pushed him through some beams in the construction site, that's all the destruction Superman caused in Metropolis, none of it lead to any danger to anybody.

And I still think the 1st half of the movie is nothing short of brilliant, I felt the exact same amount of empathy on every single scene and for every single character and the action was exactly what I expect from a Superman movie, breathtaking, even on my 2nd viewing, I repeat, best Supes movie to date.

Except Lara, Lara was weak.

I just came back from my 2nd viewing and some of my opinions changed, some didn't but my overall opinion is that is still the best Superman movie to date by far:

- They could've made Pa Kent's death more natural, like a heart attack, they didn't need to go that big with the tornado scene, especially considering there are a number of ways Clark could've acted on that and the destruction that comes ahead in the movie.

-The "romance" between Lois and Superman could have waited till MoS2 when they would actually interact on daily basis, it felt soooo forced in this movie, very out of place.

-JAWS now I agree with you on this: at the end, you didn't feel the consequences of the destruction in the atmosphere, after 9/11, the US was shaking of fear after the attacks, and in MoS they were all working on the daily planet like nothing happened, they could've added something in there.

Although the daily planet building was not destroyed, that's why they were working on it again.

-I still think the destruction is justified, like 99% of the destruction was caused by the world engine and Zod, including the building that collapsed, that was all Zod.

Superman literally just scratched one or two buildings on Metropolis: 1) dragging Zod's face over some windows and 2)when Zod started to fly and Superman pushed him through some beams in the construction site, that's all the destruction Superman caused in Metropolis, none of it lead to any danger to anybody.

And I still think the 1st half of the movie is nothing short of brilliant, I felt the exact same amount of empathy on every single scene and for every single character and the action was exactly what I expect from a Superman movie, breathtaking, even on my 2nd viewing, I repeat, best Supes movie to date.

Except Lara, Lara was weak.

But Lara's breasts were nice and perky with her Kryptonian push up bra for her death scene, that's a plus. :lecture

And she gave birth to a man of steel. I'd say she's pretty strong.

Yup, no safe under water DNA birthing lab for the El's.

Real birth which means deeper attachment.

Then she had to send her natural born baby away into space while simultaneously watching her husband and father of the child being murdered.

Then she had to die alone!

And still had the strength to perk up her breasts for her death.

I say she's earned the title of Super Mom.

Box Office Mojo

Coming off Man of Steel's record-breaking opening last weekend, it seemed unlikely that both Monsters University and World War Z would score strong debuts this weekend. Ultimately, that assumption proved very wrong: Monsters University had one of Pixar's highest openings ever, while World War Z crushed even the most generous expectations. The loser here was Man of Steel, which took an abnormally large drop against this tough competition.

In third place, Man of Steel added an estimated $41.2 million. That's off 65 percent from last weekend—68 percent if you roll in grosses from the Thursday ahead of opening day. The 65 percent decline is worse than The Incredible Hulk (60 percent) and only slightly better than notoriously front-loaded comic book movie Green Lantern (66 percent), which is not a flattering comparison. Still, at $210 million it's already topped the final tally of Superman Returns ($200 million); if the bleeding slows down next weekend, the movie could still ultimately wind up with over $300 million.

WB can not be happy to see the word LOSER in a story about MOS box office.

Ouch, did he say GL.

Last edited:
I mean speaking as a Huge Man Of Steel fan the box office results arent bad, there not good tho. Its a huge drop but its late June and the markets saturated so hopefully the film can sustain some decent numbers next week.

And i would hope WB is pleased with it, shure its not destroying everything in its path but it had a massive opening and strong buzz from the fans.

I knew it would have a huge opening due to the size of the ad campaign, but its long term success depends on word of mouth. Fanboys love this movie, but audiences and critics are mixed. Only time will tell.

BTW, I remember some of you guys were playing with the idea of biblical references in the movie.

I don't know if it was mentioned before but there's a scene when Supes is in Zod's ship just before he goes to save Lois from the escape pod, where he jumps into space spreading his arms doing a cross, such a bad *** scene.

It obviously reminded me to Jesus.

man-of-steel-jesus-cross.jpg

Great shot ^

It seriously gave me goosebumps, not because of the religious reference, but because it's such a powerful picture.

Trust me, no one missed the subtext behind the blatant crucified Jesus pose. Very subtle, that one.

Well I didn't say that people missed it :wink1: I said that I didn't know if it was mentioned cause I don't remember people mentioning it when they were listing the biblical references boyo.

Btw I don't see a way they could've pulled that off subtly :lol

Back