Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel

most people Hated Watchmen. At least casual movie goers.

Some people didn't like how "gory" and "Boring" and "slow" it was.
People were expecting something like Avengers :dunno

I guess :lol

I loved it, it did change a lot of the source material from the novel, but I think it was mostly for the better.

Yeah I think you've nailed it on the head...critics dislike Snyder for some reason...I thought both 300 and Watchmen were outstanding...I can still watch 300 over and over and not get tired if it...great film

I finally got caught up on some summer popcorn entertainment. Just got done watching MoS and IM3 back to back.

MoS was very entertaining. It was kind of weird in that it felt like I was watching the final act of an epic trilogy with the first half of the movie playing like a highlight reel of previous films that never happened. I thought Shannon was pretty terrible as Zod but Superman, Lois, and the bad superchick were great. Loved all the nods to Superman II. Can't wait to own it on blu-ray.

Its funny that this is our third straight summer featuring a movie where a major city gets destroyed by aliens with huge "leviathan" type ships meandering between the skyscrapers.

Yeah I think you've nailed it on the head...critics dislike Snyder for some reason...I thought both 300 and Watchmen were outstanding...I can still watch 300 over and over and not get tired if it...great film

:D Yeah! And at the end you always feel all hyped and manly as ****, ready to put your fist through the wall. :lol

I finally got caught up on some summer popcorn entertainment. Just got done watching MoS and IM3 back to back.

MoS was very entertaining. It was kind of weird in that it felt like I was watching the final act of an epic trilogy with the first half of the movie playing like a highlight reel of previous films that never happened. I thought Shannon was pretty terrible as Zod but Superman, Lois, and the bad superchick were great. Loved all the nods to Superman II. Can't wait to own it on blu-ray.

Its funny that this is our third straight summer featuring a movie where a major city gets destroyed by aliens with huge "leviathan" type ships meandering between the skyscrapers.

It did feel like the epic conclusion to a trilogy :goodpost:

I liked Shannon as Zod though: "I WILL FIND HIM!" and Lara was all like: "I heard you the 1st time ninja" :lol

So hers my thoughts on MoS... first off Way to much shaky cam...i hated Lois being a badass (dont know if that was how she was in the comics) and while I get why they didn't use the conventional timeline of his life I felt the film could have used it...I didn't empathize with the Clark character at all because of this and made me not care about the character at all.

The costumes/suits were awesome...I loved Russell Crow, Cavill as an actor was fine but ,and this can be a writing issue, he doesnt have what RDJ has, at least to me, hold an audience. Shannon was an excellent Zod.

I liked the idea of the plot, but felt elements of it could have been worked out a little better.

As far as the final battle goes....I don't know but I guess after the Avengers I might be a little burned out of total descimation of a city...it's been done a lot now, and I'm a bit burned out on it, that said effects looked good on that end, but I feel they suffered with some of the flying shots.

I realize I'm in the minority here, and while I'm open for debate I'm Not looking to argue for days on end... this is how I felt about the movie.

Last edited:

I really can't understand how people don't like this movie. For people to say these things they must have gone into the theatre with their mind made up that they weren't going to like it for some crazy reason.

Uh. No. I was very excited for this. I'm a huge Zack Snyder fan. I think the guy is great.

But this movie did not work for me because they flew past the character development, and or didn't give enough. Superman was dull. Didn't do much. No charisma. It was way too ****ing serious for what it is. I'm sorry, but i'm done with the dour and depressing **** for now. Sick of it. I thought the final action scene was over bloated and too long. I thought Superman wasn't heroic enough for my tastes and I just wanted the movie to be over.

So it's not as cut and dry as you want it to be.

I guess :lol

I loved it, it did change a lot of the source material from the novel, but I think it was mostly for the better.

Oh Watchmen is one of my all time favorite movies. I love it, I love every single thing about it. I love every actor in it (Except Matthew Goode)
I love the extended edition.
One of the best movies ever made for sure. I can watch it and never get tired. I think it is also one of the best (if not the best) comic book movie adaptations to date.

But I can see how someone expecting Avengers or a Justice League type of movie didn't like it.

As for the changes, I loved the ending of the movie more than the comic. I thought the way they change the ending was brilliant (it felt better for me, made more sense. The movie ending was great)

Uh. No. I was very excited for this. I'm a huge Zack Snyder fan. I think the guy is great.

But this movie did not work for me because they flew past the character development, and or didn't give enough. Superman was dull. Didn't do much. No charisma. It was way too ****ing serious for what it is. I'm sorry, but i'm done with the dour and depressing **** for now. Sick of it. I thought the final action scene was over bloated and too long. I thought Superman wasn't heroic enough for my tastes and I just wanted the movie to be over.

Pun intended :panic:? Anyway totally agree

That's a fair opinion sir. I personally would hate to go into any movie and over critique every little thing. I would rarely enjoy
movies if I did that. I take them from what they are, pure entertainment. Some movies can't even do that but MOS for me excelled at it.

Oh Watchmen is one of my all time favorite movies. I love it, I love every single thing about it. I love every actor in it (Except Matthew Goode)
One of the best movies ever made for sure. I can watch it and never get tired. I think it is also one of the best (if not the best) comic book movie adaptations to date.

But I can see how someone expecting Avengers or a Justice League type of movie didn't like it.

As for the changes, I loved the ending of the movie more than the comic. I thought the way they change the ending was brilliant (it felt better for me, made more sense. The movie ending was great)

If the movie made me feel something for Clark/Supes it would have made the end that much more powerful.

Yeah mine too, Goode was an odd choice for Veidt, very weird indeed but he did a great job, but his looks still bug me a little.

Yeah, the ending I loved too, it was more fitting for a movie format, the rest of the changes were pretty much details, to make the movie flow better IMO

Good taste man. :duff

If the movie made me feel something for Clark/Supes it would have made the end that much more powerful.

:lol:lol We're talking about Watchmen man!

But I agree with you, while I was genuinely moved by Clark, since the childhood flashbacks, Jonathan's dead and Killing Zod, I mean, all the weight he knew he had to bear, suddenly fell on him all at once, etc etc... I do think, they should have added a little more character development, just a little bit, and everybody would've been happy about it.

That's a fair opinion sir. I personally would hate to go into any movie and over critique every little thing. I would rarely enjoy
movies if I did that. I take them from what they are, pure entertainment. Some movies can't even do that but MOS for me excelled at it.

Well, as a movie fan, there's not part of me that just watches all films for the sake of entertainment. It's a hobby for me. I don't go in there and critique it in a blow by blow fashion during the film. I think about it, and everything that I liked and didn't come up during that period.

I take the film in. And then I study the after taste.

Well, as a movie fan, there's not part of me that just watches all films for the sake of entertainment. It's a hobby for me. I don't go in there and critique it in a blow by blow fashion during the film. I think about it, and everything that I liked and didn't come up during that period.

:exactly: That's how it should be, it's a passionate hobby.

And your opinion and guinnessfan's are to be respected.

I'm all done arguing over this movie, I loved it, I had my aesthetic reasons for it, the same for everybody else.

Having said that..

Kumbaya my lord, Kumbaya... :lol

I understand man. You never know, wasn't Irish saying earlier in the thread that about 30min got cut from the film. Maybe
all of that is character development for all we know but that got cut because the general moviegoers pay to see action
from a movie like this. You may love the directors cut.:yess:

Just saw this today. I need I see it again before I could really talk about it. But did anyone else flashback to Garth Ennis' The Boys throughout this thing? Especially when Superman flew Zod into a gas station causing it to blow up and then flew into the IHOP. There had to have civilian deaths in those locations.

Now we've had IM3, Star Trek 2 and MoS, can we be done with suicide bombers and 9/11 imagery for the rest of the summer? Those aliens in Pacific Rim better not be terrorists.

I understand man. You never know, wasn't Irish saying earlier in the thread that about 30min got cut from the film. Maybe
all of that is character development for all we know but that got cut because the general moviegoers pay to see action
from a movie like this. You may love the directors cut.:yess:

The pace of the scenes, how bare bones they were and how the dialog was so surface level, my guess is the character stuff got written out during the many rewrites.

1012789_482456331830079_409625982_n.jpg

Back