Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Bana Hulk threw a computer generated tank.

Ferrigno Hulk threw a bear.

Ruffalo Hulk > Ferrigno Hulk > Norton Hulk > Bana She-Hulk

Good ranking there! :exactly::goodpost:

Speaking of which...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL3r2wlSIHw[/ame]

:lol

This is definately my most anticipated of the 2013 line-up

Zach Snyder (who hasn't made a bad action/drama yet) + Superman (DC's best character) = EPIC WIN! (a.k.a best DC movie yet)

______

speaking of Hulk (2003)

It's more Accurate than i realised

127158.jpg

Incredible Hulk #312 (1985)

And apparently hs Dad also killed his Mom, just like in the film

Last edited:

This is definately my most anticipated of the 2013 line-up

Zach Snyder (who hasn't made a bad action/drama yet) + Superman (DC's best character) = EPIC WIN! (a.k.a best DC movie yet)

He hasn't made any great ones either.:dunno

He hasn't made any great ones either.:dunno
I agree with this. I would label him as "serviceable." Of course, I'm assuming Sucker Punch isn't considered an "action/drama." Because if so, then he surely has one stinker on his resume. For that reason, his creative involvement should not go beyond the actual technical details of filming the movie IMO.

I agree with this. I would label him as "serviceable." Of course, I'm assuming Sucker Punch isn't considered an "action/drama." Because if so, then he surely has one stinker on his resume. For that reason, his creative involvement should not go beyond the actual technical details of filming the movie IMO.

well it's got Action and Drama so :huh

Watchmen was a'aight, but nothing special in the filmmaking department IMO. Stick that cast and script together with any other serviceable director and the end result is pretty much the same IMO. Maybe he gave it a bit of stylistic flair, but I don't think that made the movie much better than it otherwise could have been.

Watchmen was a'aight, but nothing special in the filmmaking department IMO. Stick that cast and script together with any other serviceable director and the end result is pretty much the same IMO. Maybe he gave it a bit of stylistic flair, but I don't think that made the movie much better than it otherwise could have been.

It's one of the closest to the source material comic book movies ever made and because of that, likely dictated how it was shot. That doesn't account for anything? I'd rather have a Superman with some "stylistic flair" but close to the source material than have him bastardized like Nolan's Batman.

No, I think Snyder deserves credit for sticking to the source there, because it's the story that sells Watchmen, and deviation is a mistake. But compare that with Sucker Punch (which many dislike), and that's an argument for limiting his his creative input. 300, Watchmen, Sucker Punch, even Dawn of the Dead were pretty good movies from the direction POV in my opinion. But they weren't great standouts either. If you get Nolan and a good script to really dictate the Man of Steel story, and stick Snyder to filming the action and melodrama, then I think it will work out fine (even if Superman is "bastardized" somehow). But Snyder's involvement doesn't make me more interested in the film, which is something that some directors can do.

No, I think Snyder deserves credit for sticking to the source there, because it's the story that sells Watchmen, and deviation is a mistake. But compare that with Sucker Punch (which many dislike), and that's an argument for limiting his his creative input. 300, Watchmen, Sucker Punch, even Dawn of the Dead were pretty good movies from the direction POV in my opinion. But they weren't great standouts either. If you get Nolan and a good script to really dictate the Man of Steel story, and stick Snyder to filming the action and melodrama, then I think it will work out fine (even if Superman is "bastardized" somehow). But Snyder's involvement doesn't make me more interested in the film, which is something that some directors can do.

Doesn't make me more interested, but by the same rational, it doesn't make me less interested either. He's shown he can handle a Superhero flick. If anyone has made me feel anything about the pic, it's Nolan's involvement, which has made me a tad concerned, especially for a character who's supposed to spearhead a DCU on film.

I kinda agree on both points (I really enjoy the Nolan Bat-movies, but he took a lot of liberties I wouldn't have with villains and behavior). But maybe this will be a case where compromise will make for a better filmmaking experience than either party could bring to the table on their own.

I loved Watchmen and remember the snails pace at each new issue when it was first being published. I used to hang out in comic book stores back when the only discussion anyone was having was Miller vs. Moore - who's better? And I was one of the people who thought Watchmen was unfilmable.

I hated the movie the first time I saw it. I didn't sit down to watch it again until ~6 months ago. I was overly harsh in my intial opinion. It was decent, but there were still things that bugged me.

I wasn't surprised they dropped out most of the even numbered issues. They were character BG and everyone for years knew they would go if Watchmen became a film. So no suprise.

I found myself torn by the so-so adherance to the source material. Sometimes very slavish, and then in the oddest ways not. The big one that jumps out to me is the violence. Watchmen had it's share, but I always felt it pulled it's punches until "the Event". Then Lori and Dr. Manhattan spend 10 pages in the thick of it. There had never been ten pages like it before in a mainstream comic.

The movie stood this on it's head. There was far more gore in the movie EXCEPT when Ozzy's plan happens.

Hollis Mason's role was greatly reduced and that was a shame.

All that said it was still a better adaptation than the recent animated adaptation of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.

Watchmen is one of the best comic book movies so far imo.

Music and score were excellent, casting was superb, costuming was excellent, it was very very close in authenticity, and above all else it is the single most unflinchingly realistic comic book movie made.

I wouldn't want anyone else at the helm of Man of Steel, except maybe Matthew Vaughn

Back