Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

I guess i'm not digging this trailer, because everyone hated Superman Returns because it was boring.

This trailer needed to be 1:30 of crazy Snyder action. :dunno

So glad this trailer wasn't full of stupid Transformer-esque action scenes and was actually incredibly inspiring and motivational. :yess:

So glad this trailer wasn't full of stupid Transformer-esque action scenes and was actually incredibly inspiring and motivational. :yess:

Yeah, that's why everyone hated Superman Returns.

So....which by the way, isn't that bad of a movie. But for the simpletons....it was. :lol

Kid thing is weird. But since I don't read the comics, it's not that big of a deal. The entire movie was one big motivational speech.

And everyone hated that.

So, I want to know why they chose this route.

There's a reason why they never made Superman Returns 2.

:lol

It's a teaser - it was exactly the right tone IMO

Everything Ive read, heard or seen about this feels like they're really going to show Clark's journey to becoming Superman, his struggle to connect with humanity while knowing he is not one of them, and answering the question of why is he here, what's his purpose?
That will I feel constitute the first Act (this teaser)

I think when he does finally reveal himself to the world, they will be terrified of him (reminds me of Falcone's line from BB.. 'you always fear what you don't understand'), and it will attempt to convey the pure awe of what this being is capable of in a more realistic way.
That will be Act two

I guess the last act will involve him doing extraordinary things to save the world from some threat, which will finally grant him acceptance as a hero and not someone to be feared

Or I could be completely off the mark :lol

The deadliest catch/salty fisherman scenes are a bit odd, but the music and Crowe's voice over do give it a mystical and inspiring tone.

Supes flying straight up breaking the sound barrier is pure awesomeness.

I didn't like the way he flew. Thought WB would wanna distance themselves from anything remotely similar to Iron Man. But the flying scene at the end, though vertical, was reminiscent of the Iron Man flying teaser. They even had the sonic boom. :lol

I managed to wait until I saw the teaser on TDKR and wasn't surprised with the Terence Malick feel to the trailer, which I thought was a bold direction. It definitely gives a more real feel that they've been talking about. But I'm looking forward to actually seeing actual scenes from the film.

I just saw the MOS trailer, and the anticipation is already growing. I really enjoyed the feel from the trailer, similar to what Darklord was talking about. I watched both, and much preferred the monologue voice-over from Costner/J. Kent. I can't complain about anything, other than the fact that I can't wait to see more. I'll admit that I was skeptical of all of this in the beginning. Add that to the fact that I wasn't a fan of the Watchmen, and while I enjoyed 300, I wasn't blow away. However, I think Snyder can win me over with this one. Here's to hoping. :duff

Looks like it was a commercial pitch based on random
Getty image grabs. I liked the flying Supes shot, but Jesus the rest of it is cheesy. Looks like Synders Bud commercials. Anyone comparing this to Terrance Malick needs to read some books on film making. IMO. Butterfly in a chain? That's really intelligent and deep. Not.

But I still have some hope. And Crowe version wins hands down.

Nolan will not allow this to be anything other than amazing. I will rest in peace knowing it is in safe hands.

Back