Statue Mamegyorai---1/3 scale ALIEN Quadrilogy Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will it be sold in the states? I want it, but nervous about giving a company I've never used before that much money.

Unless I'm missing something, you can't buy from outside Japan? I can't see any way to enter an overseas address or set up a customer account that's not in Japan.

Very happy to be corrected if someone knows otherwise!

Just heard from Harada Hayabu himself that Sideshow will distribute this and that it will take some time.

This thing absolutely rocks! But I feel like I gotta pass on it cause even though the paint and sculpt is spot on, the pose just kills it for me. And I know it's an iconic pose but I just don't want my Big Chap statues leaning over like this.

I think its a very stunning piece, would get it asap. But whats stopping me (at least for now) are those obvious seams/cracks especially at the hip and ankle.

https://www.mamegyorai.co.jp/html/alien_bigchap_statue/img/gallery/026.jpg

While I generally hate seeing seam lines. In this case, they are just part of the accuracy that has been strived for with this statue.

sSsnPjS.jpg

Just heard from Harada Hayabu himself that Sideshow will distribute this and that it will take some time.

That's very good news, thanks for sharing! I wonder how many will be available to Sideshow, since I imagine an ES that low will sell out fairly quickly?

Yes, most people prefer idolized aliens in Frankenstein poses. Not me. I'm an accuracy nut and these guys have knocked it out of the park.

Wow, great! But this is the statue of the Big Chap' suit, not of Big Chap :D

True, but the way I see i is this is for the more hardcore fan, not the casual "I like the movie Alien fan." And there are plenty of us that will love to have an extremely accurate collectible of the suit.

Yes, most people prefer idolized aliens in Frankenstein poses. Not me. I'm an accuracy nut and these guys have knocked it out of the park.

Snap, it drives me mad when companies make the big chap stick thin. It's almost like they're ashamed of what it was.... A big guy in a beuatifully designed suit. I like it when companies embrace it and make it as accu=rate as possible. And happily, we're seeing that here and from Coolprops. Over to Prime 1 now to show what they can do.

Python, what will we do???lol

I have no idea, I'd buy all three if I had the disposable income. As it stands, I'm hoping Prime 1 will show us there's within the next week or two at one of their two big shows. Then it's decision time...

Snap, it drives me mad when companies make the big chap stick thin. It's almost like they're ashamed of what it was.... A big guy in a beuatifully designed suit. I like it when companies embrace it and make it as accu=rate as possible. And happily, we're seeing that here and from Coolprops. Over to Prime 1 now to show what they can do.

I have no idea, I'd buy all three if I had the disposable income. As it stands, I'm hoping Prime 1 will show us there's within the next week or two at one of their two big shows. Then it's decision time...

That statue is awesome but I continue repeating that the one to go with the coolprops bust is the coolprops’ maquette:). I really like that one and I am sure that I will like Prime one’s big chap. Hope I will resist..lol

True, but the way I see i is this is for the more hardcore fan, not the casual "I like the movie Alien fan." And there are plenty of us that will love to have an extremely accurate collectible of the suit.

How many casual fans will drop $2k on a statue..even if it's a cool looking one?

I think the sculptors know exactly what they were doing and who their buyers are. The photos showing them visiting the giger museum and making notes and stuff shows they're going for accuracy above all. This IS more of a replication of the suit than the idealized big chap..and it's cool. X-plus, for example, deliberately capture the seams in their godzilla figures to replicate the seams in the suits.

Back