Making your HT Pred 1 Perfect!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all these mods so far are great. too bad i'm too chicken^^^^ to try it with mine.

know what i'd like to see? an actual medkit with removable tools. no idea how that could be done though.

I got myself some thin leather lacing today I may use to replace the string for the skulls.

Dedguy, you are a Pred fan after my own heart. :rock
Lovin' your fixes. And one thing, aren't the skulls all a tad lighter than HT supplied? I think they are less yellowed. Can't find refs for that either.
Isn't there a thread here with tons of screengrabs and we can see some shots? I am thinking, scenes with Arnold, the unmasking point in the movie, and around then.

Great stuff. Don't forget the pink inside the mouth, folks!
PINK IT UP! :rock

I may repaint the inside of the mask when I decide I want to display it unmasked.

Excuse the poor photo quality. Didn't feel like setting up any lights so just took a few quick pics at my work desk where the Pred is currently hanging out with just the desk light on.

This is what my Pred currently looks like with the newly added leg straps. Still haven't figured out a good way of doing the knee/shin leather bits.

3703273852_25bbd911bd_b.jpg

Detail, you can see how heavily weathered I did the straps. The elbow straps are weathered to match but I forgot to take some detailed pics of them. The leg straps are also shorter, as per the movie.
3702464115_545ee11332_b.jpg

And what takes about a half an hour and most would think is a waste of time? That's right! Carefully masking off all the skin on the hands to dullcoat the gloves to give them a more leathery appearance. Going to do the rest of the hands as I'm very happy with how it turned out. It's a subtle change but one I really dig. Gives more contrast and thus more separation between the hand and the glove and thus more realism (imo).

New left, old right

3703269062_f0c6cec25f_b.jpg

wow !! that looks fantastic !

dedguy, did you make the dreadmod with water, blowdryer or wire?
mine is being shipped atm :D

I just put a hair elastic around his whole head, blow dried the dreds and let them cool. Seemed to work well. You gotta let them cool and have something holding them in place until they do if it to work. You could also probably run it under cold water to cool faster but I didn't want to do that.

No idea, blow dryers have lots of settings (at least mine does) you don't have to get them super hot or anything and it didn't hurt anything that I can tell. Perhaps someone who has done it more often could offer more input. I don't see how heating rubber could seriously hurt it.

every time i've used a blowdryer or hot water to fix dreads it never ever stays the way i set it.
it usually looks great for about an hour and by the next day the dreads are back the way they looked out of the box.

the only pred i have with perfect dreads is the p2 elder and they were perfect right out of the box.
it looks like they were actually molded to lay down flat and i dunno why ht didn't do the same for all of them.

The key is to make sure they're totally cold before removing whatever it is you have holding them down... or at least that worked for me.

think im gonna go with the wire instead then. have done it to all my preds anyway except elder.
but its gonna take at least 2 hours to get it right. thats why i wanted to try some other way.
fact is, its gonna look great anyway.

ok i just received my figure yesterday its the exclusive and i haven't opened it i was wondering before i do where is the second mask its the exclusive

I've disassembled my Pred somewhat to get started on replacing the chest straps and wanted to make a few other changes while at it.

- I'm going to remove the black elastic strap on the left biceps armor and attach it to the mesh suit instead.

- Probably going to replace the string used for the skulls with leather

- Going to remove the plastic piece between the shoulder strap and the right shoulder armor as it's not supposed to be there.

Which brings me to... I was looking through screencaps and what few pictures I can find of the screen-used suit to see if that metal strap between the shoulder strap and shoulder armor should be there. In looking I think I discovered that the right shoulder armor should also have an additional leather strap of it's own.

pred-second-strap.png

pred-second-strap2.png

Your Hot Toys Predator one will be perfect when you buy the DX version...:lol

They better be doing either a Gort from P2 or just a new P2 Predator before they even think about a new P1 (which I think is far more likely, why re-release a brand new figure when you have loads of well selling much older figures in the same line you can re-do).

Your Hot Toys Predator one will be perfect when you buy the DX version...:lol
when predator stuff sells as well as dark knight stuff i'm sure there will be one.
personally, i'm not holding my breath on a dx pred.

Back