Making a sword for 6 inch figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Web_Head91

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone. So here's the dealio. Yesterday on eBay, I won an auction for a Bride figure from Tarantino's film, Kill Bill. The figure is made by NECA and is about six inches tall.

The figure was being sold really cheap, and the biggest reason is because it isn't coming with a sword (it's used). The annoying thing is, I'd been looking for a Bride figure for a few days and that's all I could find that was reasonably priced. Now that I buy that, two other Bride figures pop up on eBay, with swords. :slap

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any creative ideas for how to make a sword using unconventional objects. I don't really care about it being super movie accurate. I just want the figure to be holding something that looks acceptable. I'm going to rummage around my storage and see if I can find any spare swords tomorrow that I could modify. But in the case that I can't find any, I am trying to think of things I could use to craft one.

I'd make one out of sculpy clay or something, but I don't have any good acrylic paints and I don't really want to pay out just for this little venture. As you can probably tell, I don't care how incredible this sword looks. It's literally just so that the Bride has something to hold in her hands. Any creative folk out there have any clues?

here is a pic buddy
and the sword is metal

sword_zpsf82338cc.jpg

I used to customize 6in figures all the time, I would purchase cheap figures that were the same scale just for weapons and accessories but it just got too hard to find stuff after a while. I still have many of the smaller accessories and weapons that I was probably going to put up for sale, but I have a sword if your interested, pm me.

Hi everyone. So here's the dealio. Yesterday on eBay, I won an auction for a Bride figure from Tarantino's film, Kill Bill. The figure is made by NECA and is about six inches tall.

The figure was being sold really cheap, and the biggest reason is because it isn't coming with a sword (it's used). The annoying thing is, I'd been looking for a Bride figure for a few days and that's all I could find that was reasonably priced. Now that I buy that, two other Bride figures pop up on eBay, with swords. :slap

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any creative ideas for how to make a sword using unconventional objects. I don't really care about it being super movie accurate. I just want the figure to be holding something that looks acceptable. I'm going to rummage around my storage and see if I can find any spare swords tomorrow that I could modify. But in the case that I can't find any, I am trying to think of things I could use to craft one.

I'd make one out of sculpy clay or something, but I don't have any good acrylic paints and I don't really want to pay out just for this little venture. As you can probably tell, I don't care how incredible this sword looks. It's literally just so that the Bride has something to hold in her hands. Any creative folk out there have any clues?

If you are not looking for a high-quality sword, you could try this technique:
Use styrene strips cut in the shape of sword (tapered one end) and wrap a bit of thread (or small ribbon) around the handle portion. A some silver paint (or a silver sharpie) and you should be good to go.

If you don't have styrene strips, use the plastic from packaging (I use the "bubbles" from action figure packaging). You may need to cut two sword templates and glue them together to make them sturdier. You can also sand one edge of the sword to make it "sharp". Again, wrap the handle with thread (I like embroidery floss because it's a bit thicker) or some black ribbon until it's thick enough to fit in the figure's hand.

Back