Major League Baseball 2008

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't access my team last night which sucked ass because I wanted to put Harden in. And of course he pitched great today. :monkey4

The universal sign of pwnage:

brewerlogojk4.jpg

Can someone help me figure out how you tell how many points each player earns your team, this new format is so much different than the old one.

I'm also curious why I earned negative points, that's a new one.

Can someone help me figure out how you tell how many points each player earns your team, this new format is so much different than the old one.

I'm also curious why I earned negative points, that's a new one.

Players don't earn you points like in fantasy football. You get ranked based on your teams stats in the 10 categories. It changes daily based on the previous day's stats and how they affect your totals, and that's the negative you're seeing.

Players don't earn you points like in fantasy football. You get ranked based on your teams stats in the 10 categories. It changes daily based on the previous day's stats and how they affect your totals, and that's the negative you're seeing.

Interesting, it didn't use to be that way a couple years ago on Yahoo when I was doing fantasy leagues, unless there are multiple styles you can do. Thanks for letting me know.

Interesting, it didn't use to be that way a couple years ago on Yahoo when I was doing fantasy leagues, unless there are multiple styles you can do. Thanks for letting me know.

I've been playing fantasy for about 8 years and this is how a roto league has always worked. You accumulate stats and get points based on your rank in those particular categories.

The only other style I know of is Head to Head (almost always used in fantasy football), where you go against one other team per week and get 'wins' based on how your players do against the other teams for that week. I don't know of any other type of fantasy scoring system.

I did Yahoo fantasy baseball in 2004 and 2005 with my college roomates, it was a 6 team league and the way it worked was each player's performance in a game earned so many points and you could see what that ammounted to.

I did Yahoo fantasy baseball in 2004 and 2005 with my college roomates, it was a 6 team league and the way it worked was each player's performance in a game earned so many points and you could see what that ammounted to.

Then you didn't play roto. I have been playing for years too and this is how roto ALWAYS has been.

Thanks for the info guys. So in essence, your player selections are still the same thought process, but how they contribute to your ranking in the league is different.

Anybody else watching the All-Star game? Frickin' nuts. Best one I remember seeing.

If the national league goes on to win it, it better be Russell Martin for MVP... I've never seen so many outs at home in one game! :google

If the national league loses, Dan Uggla gets a kick to the nuts. :banghead

edit: F'N Brad Lidge :cuss

Last edited:
It was an intense game. AL should have wrapped it up before extra innnings though, Nivarro made a HORRIBLE pickoff throw to get Tejada allowing Tejada onto 3rd. I just found out the outcome, I didn't have the energy to stay up as late as it went.

It was an intense game. AL should have wrapped it up before extra innnings though, Nivarro made a HORRIBLE pickoff throw to get Tejada allowing Tejada onto 3rd. I just found out the outcome, I didn't have the energy to stay up as late as it went.

I called it quits after 9. I originally thought the game deciding home field in the WS was a good idea. But if it's still treated like an exhibition game, I change my mind.

I took delight in a Red Sox player taking the MVP in Yankee Stadium afterall all the hoopla surround the game :D

I thought it was a great, competitive game. Aside from playing each position player, I didn't feel it was treated like an exhibition game.

MLB All-Star game has been the best All-Star game for a long time and last night's drama further solidified it.

Glad the Rockies players respresented themselves well and Clint Hurdle handled himself and the NL club well too.

A bit sad the NL lost again, though. Had they won I think Aaron Cook would have got the MVP for getting the NL out of that jam Uggla got them in. Matt Holliday's stock went up, though I hope the Rox do everything possible to keep him.

I have to say, for the 9 innings I watched, other than some nice stealing, the AL didn't put up as good a game as it could have, NL showed up to prove something and it was a battle. I was really impressed with some of the NL players, I'm not sure any individual team in the NL could win a World Series, but they've definitely got some great talent spread out through that league.

If this game is so important that it decides home field advantage for the WS, why still have the stupid rule that every team needs 1 player represented? Christian Guzman :lol

At least expand the rosters or something.

Sorry, just need to vent.

Back