Major changes ahead for the Star Wars Universe *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank God I don't watch The Clone Bores or read EU crap.

George Lucas is like the ex-wife you only have to see because she retains custody of the kids.

Look I hope George Lucas lives a long, happy life. But when he does pass on someday, someone had gonna have to fix the nightmare that is now the SW universe!!!!! Karen Traviss is the only writer that I respect with regard to the EU universe, so this aint right!!!!

I never cared for the original Clone Wars cartoon. Grievous' cough being due to Mace (or whoever it was) doing the force choke was ridiculous imo. But then I like reading EU so that probably negates my opinion in most people's eyes. :lol

Look I hope George Lucas lives a long, happy life. But when he does pass on someday, someone had gonna have to fix the nightmare that is now the SW universe!!!!! Karen Traviss is the only writer that I respect with regard to the EU universe, so this aint right!!!!

you think it's Bad now? just wait. when he passes on, and someone else gets ahold of it, it will likely get all sorts of weird, and the inevitable Star wars/ Star Trek/ aliens/ Predator crossover will happen.

We'll have Yauta jedi, and Xenomorphs used as assassins by the sepratists, and all other sorts of silly.

Oh...from the title of this thread, I thought this would effect the actual Star Wars Universe, but instead its about that Fan Fiction crap that they call the EU. Moving along...

So let me get this straight, Mandalorians are supposedly a peaceful race? So what the hell is Boba Fett a.k.a "Mandalorian Commando/Bounty Hunter?" What about the other Mandalorian "Commandos?"

EPIC FAIL. that's what.

Oh...from the title of this thread, I thought this would effect the actual Star Wars Universe, but instead its about that Fan Fiction crap that they call the EU. Moving along...

:rotfl:rotfl

I am sorry this "change" has "forced" Karen traviss out of SW fiction. Her RC books are great reads and she really created a great backstory for the Mandos and their society.

What strikes me as odd is...if LFL can be so uncaring about the continuity within the various forms of SW (books, comics, cartoons, et al), then why take any of it seriously? Granted, when Lucas himself wants to make a change (like Owen not being Ben's brother after all, for example)...it's understood that as the saga's creator, he can change or do whatever he wishes with it.

But assuming he had nothing really to do with this latest turn of events, why would the editors/folks who handle the other properties in the SW universe not be more concerned with how the various story points/characters fit together...oh well.

I'll miss Traviss' forways into that faraway galaxy....

What strikes me as odd is...if LFL can be so uncaring about the continuity within the various forms of SW (books, comics, cartoons, et al), then why take any of it seriously? Granted, when Lucas himself wants to make a change (like Owen not being Ben's brother after all, for example)...it's understood that as the saga's creator, he can change or do whatever he wishes with it.

But assuming he had nothing really to do with this latest turn of events, why would the editors/folks who handle the other properties in the SW universe not be more concerned with how the various story points/characters fit together...oh well.

thats it exactly - lucas(film) seems to go out of their to screw the best parts of the eu
i, personally, pick what fits my "universe" but it pisses me off that they approve these books and there burn them for the sake of it- i mean who believes that this change will improve the SW universe so greatly?
to balance it i dealt with lucas blowing out zahns thrawn clone wars info- although Dark Horse and Traviss did a good job of patching a lot of it.
but this blows- as others have said just because the mandlorians are largely pacifists doesnt mean their cant kick ass.
and with the number of supercommandos established in open seasons and the old star wars stories was like 212 persons- not alot for a warrior race of over 3 million!!!
also eu from clone wars on can be left as is with legacy etc being untouched (although there are things that should be changed...)

i mean if lucas wants to debunk anything please crap on the DH legacy series- i mean pretty art and some nice concepts but too soon after jedi - maybe in a thousand years?
pause ---
rant over

My suspicion about JediBear's question is that this continuity change is Lucas approved. I think whoever makes the decisions at LFL went to him and asked to do this. I seem to recall that at one time Lucas said he considers the stuff in this series to be canon, or at least closer to his canon than other EU stuff. But maybe that was just for the movie. That's my theory at least.

Lucas is a doddering old man who probably ????s his pants at this point. He approves evrything! First, KT books, but now he also approved this new clone wars ????!

I have been a hard core star wars fan for most of my life, before the PT came out. As I got older I started getting more and more into it. Star wars has become a large part of my life, and I even like the PT. You can hold up a picture of some extra who was in the senate scene in episode 2, and most of the time I can correctly give their name, species, and homeworld. I know a few words in Mando'a and Huttese even. I know SO much about Star Wars.

When Clone Wars came along, I was at first half excited ("ok, a Star Wars cartoon movie? Well the Tartakovsky ones were pretty good, so why not? This could be good"). I saw the movie and my friends became very annoyed at my constant complaints about the movie (which most of them hadn't even seen). Then the cartoon series showed up, and I was willing to give it a second chance. But it wasn't any better. In fact, it just got worse and worse, lengthening a long list of redundancies. When season 2 came along, I saw the one episode without Ahsoka, and was willing to give season 2 a chance, as I heard there were gonna be Mandos in it. But it disappointed me with MORE redundancies. So I said, "Ok, well CW sucks. But that doesn't mean I can't still enjoy the good part of Star Wars". By "the good part" I meant books, comic books, wookieepedia articles, the 5 movies (not counting TPM) and even some of the better fan films. But NOW clone wars is ruining what was left of the good part too! Lucas cannot simply change Mandos to "a peace-loving people". That is total ????, designed to send 7 yr olds a good message or something like that. There are too many instances where this ruins even the canon of the movies! Who the hell trained the clone commandos and ARC troopers? Jango and a bunch of other Mandos (and Kal Skirata). So take away warrior Mandos and you have untrained clones. NO special ops clones whatsoever. Why would a "peace loving people" have a line of hardened warriors stretching back all the way to several thousand years before the movies (in KOTOR, you have Bendak Starkiller and Canderous Ordo)? Why would "peace loving people" have super tough armor?

Clone Wars is like a cancerous tumor, slowly engulfing Star Wars until eventually, it will die.

Darasuum Kote, vode mando'ad!

George Lucas = shebs ti eyn troan

Last edited:
Jango is the only one in the movie. Kal and the other Mandos aren't even mentioned. The clones can be trained by people from other militaries.

Jango is the only one in the movie. Kal and the other Mandos aren't even mentioned. The clones can be trained by people from other militaries.

The opinion I expressed in Mando'a remains the same... if anyone can read it

EDIT: CAN anyone read it? Don't tell me KT's fans don't even know a scrap of Mando'a! I personally congratulate anyone who can translate for all the aruetiise out there.

Last edited:
If I recall vode is brother. And shebs may be butt or ass or something. But that's the best I can do.

Back