Major Bludd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bludd killed General Flagg in the comics, though his tags were handed to Hawk at the end of that issue.

And by then Joe figures will probably be $200.
--

At the rate many of us are complaining of the price . . . SIDESHOW could very well raise the price to $250.00 (or possibly) or each by 2013/2014 when MAJOR BLUDD is finally released.

Maybe SIDESHOW will surprise us and actually have code names/screen names of members from this section of the forum on the dog tags as the ultimate acknowledgement (i.e. insult/tribute) to those who detest/enjoy the line?

The SideShow figures are getting better but they just don't warrant the $200 price tag like Hot Toys. Its nice to see them getting better and has me considering a couple now but still, it is what it is and these are not $200 figures IMO

Hot Toys aren't worth $200.
--

Did you post that in a HOT TOYS thread and what was the response?

:lol

;)

I concur. IMHO . . . their figures . . . however awesome, detailed, & high quality . . . when applicable . . . and not necessarily worth $200.00 or up, but since they pretty much specialize in high end licensing . . . WELL . . . that's another discussion.

In the grand scheme of things . . . we should be glad that HOT TOYS did not get their hands on the GI JOE ARAH license. The verbiage our wallets being raped would take on a whole different & new meaning.

Thats why I want MORE figures NOW!

Costs just keep going up and its just getting downright expensive to collect everything.

By the time we get to Destro,tack on another $20 to that already likely 169.99 price...then soon,as the dollar keeps taking a dump,we get more inflation and higher production costs.

More figures now means we can buy them at a better price,because as time goes on,These Joe figures are only going to keep going up in price (and slowing down the figure pace does not make it better because paying $200+ for one figure eventually starts to seem not worth it anymore)

And by then Joe figures will probably be $200.

$250. "We've not only added a shelf to the stands to hold most, well almost most of the accessories, but we've also listened to our collectors and since they like our 360 views, added a "lazy Susan" feature so that your figure now rotates 360 degrees on the stand!"

paying $200+ for one figure eventually starts to seem not worth it anymore)

I'll say paying $200+ for a figure is already not worth it. I begrudgingly did it with '89 Batman and Reeve Superman, but its something that I won't spend on a regular basis for figures.

I'll say paying $200+ for a figure is already not worth it. I begrudgingly did it with '89 Batman and Reeve Superman, but its something that I won't spend on a regular basis for figures.

I agree and not taking anything away from Sideshow, they are making really nice figures but all in all $200 IS a lot of money for a figure. I don't know WTF some of these guys do, living with their parents or what, but obviously they don't have much else to pay for that they can buy buy buy. If they do continue to go up at the rate they are, Ill limit myself to a couple a year. There are always other things out there to collect and not go broke.

I agree and not taking anything away from Sideshow, they are making really nice figures but all in all $200 IS a lot of money for a figure. I don't know WTF some of these guys do, living with their parents or what, but obviously they don't have much else to pay for that they can buy buy buy. If they do continue to go up at the rate they are, Ill limit myself to a couple a year. There are always other things out there to collect and not go broke.

:goodpost:

My plan is do the same starting 2013. 1-2 boxed figures per year...if that. I'll just start to collect the 1:6 accessories and build my own 1:6s once I've stock piled enough stuff. A win for me...no matter how I choose to look at it.

:nono It's called gainful employment and prioritization. :wave :lol

I am actually looking forward to the 250-300 dollar Sideshow figures.

More for me.:)
--

GEE . . . that sound likes saying . . . I'm rich; therefore, I look forward to paying LESS in taxes while the non-rich people continue to pay MORE in taxes so rich people like me will pay LESS in taxes. Thank you!

The point is that we (i.e. collectors) don't want to see needless & unjustified price increases because it's already expensive to begin with. Price is beginning to alienate & deter collectors who have supported this license. I'm not referring to the complainers & naysayers only because as with anything else there will always be complainers & naysayers, but come on . . . $200.00 to $300.00 for a GI JOE figure? In all honesty . . . it's getting ridiculous.

Sure . . . there will still be people who'll buy them at that price, but seriously?

I too have taken the talk the talk and walk the walk approach & attitude as well, but again . . . seriously . . . there is a reasonable limit & tolerance.

--

GEE . . . that sound likes saying . . . I'm rich; therefore, I look forward to paying LESS in taxes while the non-rich people continue to pay MORE in taxes so rich people like me will pay LESS in taxes. Thank you!

The point is that we (i.e. collectors) don't want to see needless & unjustified price increases because it's already expensive to begin with. Price is beginning to alienate & deter collectors who have supported this license. I'm not referring to the complainers & naysayers only because as with anything else there will always be complainers & naysayers, but come on . . . $200.00 to $300.00 for a GI JOE figure? In all honesty . . . it's getting ridiculous.

Sure . . . there will still be people who'll buy them at that price, but seriously?

I too have taken the talk the talk and walk the walk approach & attitude as well, but again . . . seriously . . . there is a reasonable limit & tolerance.

Very stupid indeed. Most wealthy people I know are complete tight asses and luxury isn't usually in collectibles unless its a car or something. Just blows my mind what ****ing dumb things people say...I can't wait until these figures are double the price of what they are now.

Back