Mag's Toy Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final Fantasy Figures (Sephiroth and Cloud courtesy of fellow freak bagelsncheesy!)

sephirothlit1.jpg

sephirothlit2.jpg

cloudlit1.jpg

cloudlit2.jpg

gabranthlit.jpg

DUDE great pics!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad I could help out with Sephi. and Cloud. You're definitely making great use out of them. I love the lighting.

What kind of camera/lens setup do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

I have a Kodak C643 6.1 Megapixel. It's a pretty average camera, better than the old crappy one i had but not real spectacular. Just something decently priced i got a little while back. I will probably try to upgrade to a much higher megapixel camera later when i can save some money (hard to do with new figs!).

I generally just take photographs with its macro setting (close up detail) and use different lighting to try and get interesting dramatic looks out of figures in pose. I'll use different kinds of lamps and light and a black posterboard most of the time, and photoshop to clean up and adjust things when nessecary.

I have a Kodak C643 6.1 Megapixel. It's a pretty average camera, better than the old crappy one i had but not real spectacular. Just something decently priced i got a little while back. I will probably try to upgrade to a much higher megapixel camera later when i can save some money (hard to do with new figs!).

I generally just take photographs with its macro setting (close up detail) and use different lighting to try and get interesting dramatic looks out of figures in pose. I'll use different kinds of lamps and light and a black posterboard most of the time, and photoshop to clean up and adjust things when nessecary.

So do you use a tripod, and what's your iso setting on?

Thanks for the info man :rock

I've used a tripod before but it doesnt always garuntee steadiness, and i've found just having a steady hand can accomplish the same thing and allow me to get close ups and angles not possible when hooked to a tripod.

As for ISO settings and other settings i generally leave them on auto and don't mess with them. I made attempts but had little luck with them. I do occasionally shift my exposure compensation down to darken the photograph some and get rid of exposure grain occasionally when it fits.

Most of the time i just take alot of pictures of the same pose just trying to get the best possible one.

Wow, spectacular work! Really like the poses, lighting and (in some) the photoshop work of the pics. These 2 are especially amazing:

humantorchlit.jpg

htposter3.jpg

The Begins poster looks seamless, you perfectly blended the figure with the poster.

Back