Magnum PI

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walks

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
After years of wanting to, I've finally commissioned a sculptor to create a 1/4 scale figure of Tom Selleck as Magnum in this pose:

mag006.jpg

In these clothes:

mag025.jpg

I've found the "Jungle Bird" shirt, and found a company to reproduce the pattern at 1/4 scale. Still looking for somebody to make some jeans. The sculptor will be making Magnum's Puma tennis shoes, and team ring (Which will be sculpted on the hand) and I'm making the POW bracelet. I'm not sure yet what I'll do for the Rolex GMT, but I already have an accurate belt (Yay for me!).

Anyway, here are some in-progress sculpts - Hair's still rough, obviously, and to my eyes, the bill of the cap's a little thick (Tigers logo a little too high as well). What do you guys think?

MAG1.jpg

MAG2.jpg

MAG3.jpg

MAG4.jpg

MAGcomp.jpg

Oh - I've also thrown up some reference: It's at www.russellwalks.com/Selleck/mag001.jpg, continuing to mag040.jpg

I loved Magnum, P.I. as a boy growing up in the 1980s too! I watched it every week, until it ended. I loved the characters, the setting (Hawaii...I mean c'mon!), and the cool red Ferarri! Thomas Magnum was a great character! Tom Selleck's best role by far. Yeah, I know he was that close to becoming Indy if he could have got out of his Magnum T.V. contract. But he couldn't.

That will be a great 1/4 scale Magnum! I'd really enjoy having a 1/6 scale Magnum. I wonder if Russ Walks would make one in 1/6 scale for us here? I see a couple other members interested in it in that scale like me. Maybe we can get this rolling with Russ? What do you think guys?

Mag was awesome growing up. This looks great but a 1/4 scale Quigly would be killer.

Looking good! You might see if he can taper the bill a bit so the edge doesn't look so thick, create an optical illusion at the edge. But the thickness is probably a good thing. If it was in true scale it would beg to snap off.

The important thing is the likeness, and it's him. This is looking like a project everyone here will follow closely. Congratulations!

Back