Maglor’s Menagerie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Maglor's Thread

Way too many words for a collection thread :monkey4

Nice collection though. Great displays.

Pffft (to quote the Craw) regarding the words comment.

Personally I like the stories people share on this site in their threads. I like reading about what made people start collecting in the first place. Read every bit of it Mag!

Regarding your collection, it's awesome man! I like clean looking, well posed collections...it's all here.

I was going to PM you about showing it because I've seen the 8000 :horror pics of yours in the DX 02 thread so I wanted to see it all. You know what your missing though? A $55 Harvey Dent/Two Face... :lol :lol :lol my karma is down the shi**er for sure!

Hope your having a good one...look forward to seeing your future additions!

Nice clean crisp display man, awesome collection

Looks like a very inspiring work place :wink1:

I love the Sideshow LOTR stuff.

I also see you have yourself a DCD Hush Harely Quinn. Man that figure rocks so hard. Too bad they break so easily (my right arm broke for no reason and I had to glue it)

Rock on!

Thanks for the comments everybody! :duff

your pictures are so awesome...thanks so much for the pic's.

Regards,

Echo 7

Love your collection man. Absolutely impressive. I love it when I see a fellow collector take the time to find amazing poses for the figure. It's like each one has a story. Very very impressive man.

I totally agree, posing makes a boring figure awesome. I honestly think that posing is my favorite part of this hooby, so it really means a lot buddy. :)

Great collection! Really cool.
Batman and Joker are from Alex Ross's Justice line.

Thanks for that.

The DX bookcase and the Black and White Batman statues are my favorites!

Way too many words for a collection thread :monkey4

Nice collection though. Great displays.

:pfft:

But what can I say, I'm just jazzed that King Darkness commented in my thread! :chew

Looks great mag!

Anymore pics of the joker mini bust?

Yes, I'll work on that soon...

Great display man, I like the variety of items in your collection.

Very nice!

Nice collection. I like how its all displayed :rock

Very Very Cool Collection Maglor, Great selection

Pffft (to quote the Craw) regarding the words comment.

Personally I like the stories people share on this site in their threads. I like reading about what made people start collecting in the first place. Read every bit of it Mag!

Regarding your collection, it's awesome man! I like clean looking, well posed collections...it's all here.

I was going to PM you about showing it because I've seen the 8000 :horror pics of yours in the DX 02 thread so I wanted to see it all. You know what your missing though? A $55 Harvey Dent/Two Face... :lol :lol my karma is down the shi**er for sure!

Hope your having a good one...look forward to seeing your future additions!

:lol Thanks Chigger!

Nice display. I especially like the setup in your detolf.

Nice clean crisp display man, awesome collection

Looks like a very inspiring work place...

Indeed it is! \o/

I love the Sideshow LOTR stuff.

I also see you have yourself a DCD Hush Harely Quinn. Man that figure rocks so hard. Too bad they break so easily (my right arm broke for no reason and I had to glue it)

Rock on!

Yeah, she's one of my favorite 7" figures.

Thanks again everybody!!!

Alright, time for a showcase. And I chose my first Sideshow purchase as the first showcase:

Nosferatu

P1050987.jpg

P1050945.jpg

P1050931.jpg

P1050978.jpg

P1050924.jpg

P1050994.jpg

P1060014.jpg

P1050752.jpg

P1050751.jpg

Last edited:

Alright, time for a showcase. And I chose my first Sideshow purchase as the first showcase:

P1050987.jpg

Stopped by again...

NICE man...great photos! Enjoyed checking them out and keep it up!

Great collection and very nicely displayed! I especially like how you have those mini movie posters displayed with some of your figures. :)

Excellent collection and everything is displayed very well. You have giving me some great ideas on how to display my things. Love the Joker setup.

the joker pose with the emmy is awesome!!! and that batman pose is soooo awesome!!!

Awesome collection particularly the Batman stuff!

I love the ESP Viper in there, and I noticed a bass there too?

I play guitar too - what stuff are you into?

Mag, how have I never seen your collection!? :panic:

I love it man, all of it.

It's always nice to see a collector take the time to futz awesome poses out of each and every one of their figures too :bow

Stopped by again...

NICE man...great photos! Enjoyed checking them out and keep it up!

Thanks! I take a lot of pictures of my stuff, so I hope people don't get sick of me posting pics. :eek:

Great collection and very nicely displayed! I especially like how you have those mini movie posters displayed with some of your figures. :)

Thanks, those poster shelves that Cocoboloboy made really do make a huge difference. Before I just had the DVD's setting on the shelf.

Excellent collection and everything is displayed very well. You have giving me some great ideas on how to display my things. Love the Joker setup.

Thanks, glad I could help!

Maglor, you have cool stuff. Makes me want to take pictures, but I just moved and pictures of boxes suck.

Thanks D! :1-1: I've often wondered what you collect, so I hope you start a thread some day!

Awesome collection particularly the Batman stuff!

I love the ESP Viper in there, and I noticed a bass there too?

I play guitar too - what stuff are you into?

Was wondering if anyone would notice the Viper. I really love that guitar. The most I have ever spent on an instrument.

The bass is a Fender Precision Bass Lyte. It has one P bass pickup and one Jazz bass pickup. And it has active electronics.

I played the bass in a punk rock band. We did mostly original stuff in the vein of Bad Religion or Pennywise. But we played a few Minor Threat and (believe it or not) Green Day covers.

I don't play the bass a whole lot any more, I mostly play my guitars. (I also have a Washburn acoustic.) The electric is tuned crazy low with extremely heavy gauge strings on it. I play mostly Melodic Death Metal and Post Metal style stuff. Still mostly original songs, but I dig learning In Flames songs. :rock

Mag, how have I never seen your collection!? :panic:

I love it man, all of it.

It's always nice to see a collector take the time to futz awesome poses out of each and every one of their figures too :bow

I really appreciate that Marf! I feel the same about your stuff. You have the ability to push your figures past looking like a toy to looking like a miniature person! That is my goal too. I spend a ridiculous amount of time doing it! :lol

I really feel thankful to have found a community where such nonsense is appreciated! :grouphug

very nice stuff, me likes

Very cool setup!

Thanks guys!

Awesome collection and setup, Mag. :clap

Thanks man, glad you stopped by! :hi5:

Before I move on, I gotta post a few more of Nosferatu:

I had him in this first pose for years:

P1030290.jpg

P1030303.jpg

P1030314.jpg

P1050656.jpg

Last edited:

One quick update. Lforigno recently started making custom capes for Darth Vader. I sent him my Vader so he could make a template (as he doesn't own him). I just got him back a few days ago. Here's a comparison shot of the stock verses custom cape:

Sideshow cape:

P1050646.jpg

lforigno custom cape:

P1090701.jpg

Now I gotta start moving things around to find a permanent spot for him! I used to have him on top of the bookcase where the Mad Hatter is now, but I feel like he needs a more prominent spot with that kick ass cape! :panic:

Last edited:

Interesting. I wish I purchased that figure a while back. It looks so good.

Back