MAFEX Robocop 1/12 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt it's exclusive, amiami rarely gets exclusives.

I think they just posted it before other stores.

Not getting Alex, just Robocop.

Damn. Cool surprise. Looks great. Be awesome if they make an ED-209.

It looks like an amazing little figure, I daresay better than the slightly bigger NECA version. Still, I wouldn't get excited about the paintjob on the prototype - the Hot Toys prototype looked perfect but it's not what we got.

I doubt it's exclusive, amiami rarely gets exclusives.

I think they just posted it before other stores.

Not getting Alex, just Robocop.

Hah, Robocop's name is also Alex.

EB2A4UJ.jpg

that pose is so ridiculous on every level that i didn't even find any gif to compare it with.

Looks good. Only mafex figure I have is the ESB Boba Fett. If this Robo is half as good as that, should be pretty exciting.

I'm a sucker. Definitely gonna get it and pose it with the NECA ED. Scale may be a little off but it'll be close enough.

I'm gonna get Alex from Clockwork Orange too. 1/12 is my favorite scale, so I can't resist.

Sadly with all the Robocop figures that's already been released. This one comes a little bit too late.
I got a few NECA ones, the original McFarlane release along with 1:6 Hot Toys and 1:4 Enterbay. This one just have no place for my collection.
Doubt we'll see a Murphy head sculpt either. Too expensive to make.

Over the summer, my brother and I were eating in a hip taco joint in Cleveland. (I know, Cleveland isn't exactly known for being hip, but trust me, this place was crawling with hispters.)

We're at a table on the patio outside by the sidewalk, enjoying the summer evening, and I see a guy walking our way with his girlfriend. The dude was pretty fat, tatted, beard, probably in his 20s.

He was wearing a Robocop shirt. I can't remember the exact design but it was a little cartoony; almost like the Lee Sullivan drawings from the old Marvel comics run.

I waited til he got within earshot of me and then I looked right at him and growled "I'D BUY THATT...FER A DOLLAR!!!"

He looked at me in shock, horror, and disgust, and hurried away with his girlfriend. Obviously he was wearing the shirt for kitsch value and had no idea who Alex J. Murphy was, so he absolutely had no idea who the "I'd buy that for a dollar" guy was.

Here I thought I was gonna bond with a fellow Robocop aficionado and instead the guy was just wearing the shirt ironically. Effing hipsters man.

I'd only want the 2 version if we had a scale RoboCain to go with it.

Definitely getting the first one. Hope it doesn't suck. MAFEX is notorious for pretty pre-production photos and crappy final products.

Back