MAFEX (Medicom) 6inch Batman TDKR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are all going to look pretty cool together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had heard this line had some problems so I was kinda avoiding them but that Scarecrow is a must buy. One of my all time favorites and this is probably gonna be the best figure in this scale he's gotten yet. Definitely will buy when the preorder comes up. Might have to poke around for a 1/12 chair for him to sit in.

For those of you who collect MAFEX, are these figures really that floppy and brittle? I recently started collecting 1/12 and I'm looking at MAFEX but the bad reputation keeps me from ordering. And I really like what they are doing with TDK.

IAM_Dabatman honestly i love all of m mafex pieces except the BvS superman. I must be one of the lucky ones because other than that figure i havent had problems at all. The BvS Wonder Woman is a little tricky at first posing wise but i worked it out

I've never owned a MAFEX figure because I've had issues with Medicom products in the past, but I need that Scarecrow. He's my favourite villain from the Nolan trilogy and this is easily a step up from the Mattel version (not interested in Hot Toys'). Now if we could only get Ra's then I can commit to a Batman Begins display...

For those of you who collect MAFEX, are these figures really that floppy and brittle? I recently started collecting 1/12 and I'm looking at MAFEX but the bad reputation keeps me from ordering. And I really like what they are doing with TDK.

Wait for reviews.

IAM_Dabatman honestly i love all of m mafex pieces except the BvS superman. I must be one of the lucky ones because other than that figure i havent had problems at all. The BvS Wonder Woman is a little tricky at first posing wise but i worked it out

Thanks for sharing!

Wait for reviews.

Yeah, that's why I'm asking. I've watched a lot of reviews, like D-Amazing's (great guy, skilled at posing figures!) and he seems to be happy with MAFEX more often than not, but he still mentions QC almost every time. AND I have a history of 12" RAH Medicom figures falling to pieces. Hips, feet, shoulders...

I'm really on the fence about these. They look awesome but I don't feel like they are worth the price asked. I'm OK with paying 75/80 bucks for a Mezco ONE:12, 25/30 for a Hasbro BS, but 55/60 for a MAFEX, still not able to pull the trigger. I guess I should find a cheap one for a dry run.

I just got the BvS regular and armored Batman figures as my first Mafex recently and I love them. Armored bats has one small paint blob on the back of his head but it's only noticeable on close inspection. The regular Batman has one elbow that feels a little stiffer than some of the other joints, but it still works fine. I can't compare them to S.h. Figuarts because I don't have any, but I do have a number of S.h. Monsterarts figures from the Godzilla line and I'd say the mafex are no better or worse than what I've experienced with that line. They are both very highly detailed, very articulated higher end collectibles. Both lines feel a little on the fragile side if you're comparing them to something similar from hasbro. But they're plenty sturdy for posing and handling by the adult collectors they're intended for. And they looks SO MUCH better than the less expensive options.

For me, these figures are striking a nice balance between the high detail and awesome accessories of really high end stuff like hot toys and the greater articulation, better affordability, and less shelf space of the typical six inch figure. I'm looking forward to getting a few more.

MAFEX ought to do Ra's in the armored Ninja gear, that way you could head swap with Bruce Wayne and need to buy two of them, or a whole clan if you are into that sort of thing.:wink1:

I just got the BvS regular and armored Batman figures as my first Mafex recently and I love them. Armored bats has one small paint blob on the back of his head but it's only noticeable on close inspection. The regular Batman has one elbow that feels a little stiffer than some of the other joints, but it still works fine. I can't compare them to S.h. Figuarts because I don't have any, but I do have a number of S.h. Monsterarts figures from the Godzilla line and I'd say the mafex are no better or worse than what I've experienced with that line. They are both very highly detailed, very articulated higher end collectibles. Both lines feel a little on the fragile side if you're comparing them to something similar from hasbro. But they're plenty sturdy for posing and handling by the adult collectors they're intended for. And they looks SO MUCH better than the less expensive options.

For me, these figures are striking a nice balance between the high detail and awesome accessories of really high end stuff like hot toys and the greater articulation, better affordability, and less shelf space of the typical six inch figure. I'm looking forward to getting a few more.

That's good to know, thank you! I keep getting closer to giving it a try.

Harvey up for pre order at bbts.
Seems like they are getting more and more expensive though.

acd302dd4a66edad88f793a4acc3ed7d.jpg

1 2.0, figuarts and movie masters on the pod
Getting the 3.0

Cool! The unmasked Scarecrow head is a nice touch. It would be very scene specific but it would be awesome to see a Scarecrow head with the maggots coming out of it.

Demon Batman is kind of a one off but looks awesome none the less.

Back